• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon R/B what destroyed your childhood?

what destroyed your childhood?

• Total voters
Man, I am actually quite happy that we were not able to capture Marowak, she have enough already and she sould R.I.P.

But I always feel pity for her, and her little Cubone upstairs.
(I always wanted to kill some Team Rocket for this, having a Beedrill tearing their neck or maybe some Slash from Scyther that slice them into pieces or maybe a Nidoking freezing them with Ice Beam before crushing them along with the Ice with Thrash)

Man, I am actually quite happy that we were not able to capture Marowak, she have enough already and she sould R.I.P.

(I always wanted to kill some Team Rocket for this, having a Beedrill tearing their neck or maybe some Slash from Scyther that slice them into pieces or maybe a Nidoking freezing them with Ice Beam before crushing them along with the Ice with Thrash)

nidoking can learn ice beam?

Kindly click the name and see it on bulbapedia, yes, IT CAN. It can learn it since Gen 1, which make it no news to me.

Kindly click the name and see it on bulbapedia, yes, IT CAN. It can learn it since Gen 1, which make it no news to me.

sorry. its just that a poison and ground type learning an ice type move didn't seem possible.

Lavender Town is my favorite tune in all the games and has a lot of nostalgic significance to me for reasons I don't feel like going into... with that said, after fourteen or so years later, the song still unnerves me to no end, and it always has, even before the whole creepypasta and myths started surfacing.

Then, of course, losing a battle was definitely not fun. If you ever wonder why it says "<PLAYERNAME> blacked out!" then, well, I'm fairly certain it's because they're referring to you, the player, blacking out from the sheer utter shock that someone beat your precious Charizard. When I first lost a battle, it was almost mortifying.

That ghost, though. That cute little ghost in the Pokémon Tower, used to give me nightmares. It just looked so sadistic and evil to my small, impressionable brain. The thought used to creep into my mind... "What if I encountered that ghost again later in the game?" I don't know why, but it was scary, and that Pokémon Tower music didn't help at all.

And of course, anytime you defeat a legendary that you intended to catch, you are guaranteed to go bald, but I think the biggest disappointment would probably have to be the fact that you couldn't legitimately catch Mew in the games, thereby crushing the dreams of all who saw the first movie... or the opening of the Anime. Of course, all the things I listed are probably just a result of me investing way too much time into this game than would be deemed healthy by most psychologists. Thankfully, I'm older, wiser, and more aware of the world around me than I was when I was a kid and now I can truly say I am completely over my crazy Pokémon fears, and the best news of all is that someone who devoted much more of their life into the game than I discovered the Mew Glitch, so now I have the Mew I always wanted.

By the way, the white hand on my shoulder... it's not real.

I hope.

Lavender Town is my favorite tune in all the games and has a lot of nostalgic significance to me for reasons I don't feel like going into... with that said, after fourteen or so years later, the song still unnerves me to no end, and it always has, even before the whole creepypasta and myths started surfacing.

Then, of course, losing a battle was definitely not fun. If you ever wonder why it says "<PLAYERNAME> blacked out!" then, well, I'm fairly certain it's because they're referring to you, the player, blacking out from the sheer utter shock that someone beat your precious Charizard. When I first lost a battle, it was almost mortifying.

That ghost, though. That cute little ghost in the Pokémon Tower, used to give me nightmares. It just looked so sadistic and evil to my small, impressionable brain. The thought used to creep into my mind... "What if I encountered that ghost again later in the game?" I don't know why, but it was scary, and that Pokémon Tower music didn't help at all.

And of course, anytime you defeat a legendary that you intended to catch, you are guaranteed to go bald, but I think the biggest disappointment would probably have to be the fact that you couldn't legitimately catch Mew in the games, thereby crushing the dreams of all who saw the first movie... or the opening of the Anime. Of course, all the things I listed are probably just a result of me investing way too much time into this game than would be deemed healthy by most psychologists. Thankfully, I'm older, wiser, and more aware of the world around me than I was when I was a kid and now I can truly say I am completely over my crazy Pokémon fears, and the best news of all is that someone who devoted much more of their life into the game than I discovered the Mew Glitch, so now I have the Mew I always wanted.

By the way, the white hand on my shoulder... it's not real.

I hope.

reference to something? Or is white just the color you could think of? what about a black hand or a red hand?

reference to something? Or is white just the color you could think of? what about a black hand or a red hand?

It's a reference to something an NPC in Lavender Town says. When you talk to her, she says "Do you believe in ghosts?" If you reply no, she returns "Oh, that white hand on your shoulder. It's not real." There's also a relatively popular creepypasta based on that exchange.

I would have to say none of the above. Lavender Town was a fantastic Psychic training area.

i used to Jam to the Lavender Town Tune for hours non-stop. It never bothered me in fact it was tha jam to listen to in Pokemon RBY. Heck i even used to rap freestyle to it when i was younger. (dunno how that woulda worked but i wouldnt stop trying).

Anyways when i was little playing blue, i had this fear that every pokemon trainer was out to kill me and i would try to avoid them. So when i reached pokemon tower, I was scared to go up because i thought the trainers there were to dangerous and who kill me with their ghost pokemon. Silly and naive was I back then, heheh.

Nothing about it really destroyed my childhood....Missingno was a little unnerving the first time I encountered it, though.

Nothing. Oh wait...that Snorlax blocking the road at route...12 - 13 scared me a bit. I'm not really sure why though...

Last edited:
Google Lavender Town Missing Frequecies and also if u see a demonic jigglypuff in the suggestions in THE NAME OF GOD DONT CLICK IT

Lavender town was always creepy to me, especially how the ghost look before you get the Silph. Scope. Then I had to fight Agatha, who was already creepy enough, with the creepy sprites they chose for all of her pokemon. But, this was all creepy in a good way(I have the word gothic in my username for a reason) so it didn't really "break" my childhood, but those events definitely stood to me when I was playing and it's always one of the first things to pop into my mind when I thing about R/B.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom