• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow O_O

They're NOT wasting any time, are they?

I can count the number of good battles Best Wishes has had on one hand, while the majority were just plain awfully written, awfully paced, boring stock footage messes, I really hope they step it up for the league.

I wonder if only 16 people will apply for the Unova League?

I hope to see Ash's old pokes in this episode since its the league starting there is a chance that Ash would re-group his team and plan how to progress in the league or atleast train them and to know if they have learnt any new moves.. It doesnt matter his team is fully present/absent in league opening. But even the last pokemon fan would like to see Ash's Bulbasaur,Charizard,Glalie,Infernape to provide some hope that he would progress to the round of 16. As everyone here mentioned his team is neither fully evolved nor has full moveset to counter his rivals. Its best to hope we see his good old pokemon :)

I don't see old Pokemon happening here. It seems like this league will be short, so would it matter if he used them over his Unova ones or not? Because they people would be complaining about his Unova Pokemon not battling.

I don't think I've ever been less excited about the start of a new league. Even one-on-one battles in Best Wishes haven't been much cop; full six Pokemon battles could be a complete disaster, but we'll see.

I love the synasism here,

What makes me think, during the Hoenn league Ash gave a strong reason for only using his current team. Then in Sinnoh he decided differently for some reason, Mabye he realised if he is serious about winning, he needs all the help he can get. For him to change his mind again would be bad writing, therefore I expect him not to use his reserves ¬¬

I love the synasism here,

What makes me think, during the Hoenn league Ash gave a strong reason for only using his current team. Then in Sinnoh he decided differently for some reason, Mabye he realised if he is serious about winning, he needs all the help he can get. For him to change his mind again would be bad writing, therefore I expect him not to use his reserves ¬¬

Ash's rivals are all weak this league. We know Ash won't lose to Trip again and every other main rival is someone Ash either beat already or is nothing special.

Kotetsu is basically the new Morrisson too.

I hope to see Ash's old pokes in this episode since its the league starting there is a chance that Ash would re-group his team and plan how to progress in the league or atleast train them and to know if they have learnt any new moves.. It doesnt matter his team is fully present/absent in league opening. But even the last pokemon fan would like to see Ash's Bulbasaur,Charizard,Glalie,Infernape to provide some hope that he would progress to the round of 16. As everyone here mentioned his team is neither fully evolved nor has full moveset to counter his rivals. Its best to hope we see his good old pokemon :)

I don't see old Pokemon happening here. It seems like this league will be short, so would it matter if he used them over his Unova ones or not? Because they people would be complaining about his Unova Pokemon not battling.

Basically this series has been disappointing about battles except for a few.. Moreover it would be a disgrace to the anime if the league is short(lyk junior world cup).. ppl complain abt unova pokemon not battling is pointing to the fact that it has been poor writing and other main char and her pokemon wer given more more importance in BW2 inspite of making ther star preparing for the league.. If it was not then his pokemon would atleast learned some new moves by now.. say lik 10-15 eps hav been wasted not giving ash's pokes some chance to battle.. Moreover oly pikachu,pignite,unfezant hav enuf battle exp nd maturity to get into league battle.. others r just being rested nd rusted forever nd ever.. would be nice if old pokes come else another disappointment for ppl out ther who lik them once again in battle..

Basically this series has been disappointing about battles except for a few.. Moreover it would be a disgrace to the anime if the league is short(lyk junior world cup).. ppl complain abt unova pokemon not battling is pointing to the fact that it has been poor writing and other main char and her pokemon wer given more more importance in BW2 inspite of making ther star preparing for the league.. If it was not then his pokemon would atleast learned some new moves by now.. say lik 10-15 eps hav been wasted not giving ash's pokes some chance to battle.. Moreover oly pikachu,pignite,unfezant hav enuf battle exp nd maturity to get into league battle.. others r just being rested nd rusted forever nd ever.. would be nice if old pokes come else another disappointment for ppl out ther who lik them once again in battle..

Yeah but Professor Oak isn't being shown in any of the league opening episodes to be there to bring older Pokemon if he wants to use them. Besides, he has plenty with him. He can always use old ones later.

#1: Virgil's Eevee evolves into a Gen 6 Eeveelution, and it proves to be Ash's downfall. Harrison's Blaziken 2: Eevee Boogaloo.
#2: The return of good ol' Trollbias.
#3: N crashes the League and wrecks him with Reshiram/Zekrom.
#4: Benga shows up with his Latios and Latias.
#5: Other.

Let's see how Ash loses this time around. When the League is over, I'm gonna come back and quote this post to mark which one happened.

#1: Virgil's Eevee evolves into a Gen 6 Eeveelution, and it proves to be Ash's downfall. Harrison's Blaziken 2: Eevee Boogaloo.

Let's see how Ash loses this time around. When the League is over, I'm gonna come back and quote this post to mark which one happened.

If there was a 6th gen Eevee we'd know about it by now. The writers would hype it up ahead of time to get kids excited to see it. So I find that unlikely.

I think the finals will simply be Ash and Trip.

If there was a 6th gen Eevee we'd know about it by now. The writers would hype it up ahead of time to get kids excited to see it. So I find that unlikely.

I think the finals will simply be Ash and Trip.

They don't have to hype it up from the very beginning; it could easily be a late-game surprise. After all, the League will be ending by around the time Gen 6 is thought to be announced...

man i'm hype up for this,I hope that ash gets to the finals and that all the rest of the main cast does a surprise return to suport ash

While I can't say I'm particularly invested in any of the rivalries this league, I'm hoping that we'll get at least a few good battles out of it. They won't be one on one like the Don Tournaments, which usually helps.

I hope the prize is an Elesa Keychain!! I hope Chili or Cress paticipate or have Chili or Cress in the audience at least.

Judging from this picture:

2yjr62w.jpg

I think Shooti VS. Satoshi is up first. I could see Satoshi losing, sorry. He doesn't have an answer to Shooti's quick-as-hell Jalorda and I could really see it costing him, of course there's Pikachu's "Static" ability and we see Jalorda using Dragon Tail on Pikachu. Perhaps Satoshi will lose to Shooti? It's just a thought, and the filler saga would be focused on Shooti, Satoshi, and the World Tournament and Satoshi beating him? Or perhaps Team Plasma enters and interrupts the battles between them. Audino, it's just a thought.

Thinking this battle will continue forward to the next episode.

Lol, Satoshi vs Shooti will not be first. It's just a promo shot, and there's no way Satoshi will ever lose in round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom