• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sernna Eevee gender

S.pasta

Reaction score
I think she a female

shows to be very shy and runs behind Clemont Bunnebly as protection maybe she is a female

also loves to dance

Not just that, once you have seen male ballet dancers, you will know they can do better than females!

Shy males exists everywhere. I'd be surprise if soeone never saw one.

But Serrna eevee was wearing some type of dress in pokemon dance in the end Goa Goa all stars"
like Sernna Dlephox wears dress

If this is your evidence then why not cite it in the first place instead of making stereotypical assumptions?

5CUNaql.png

Also, how is this a dress? It's a dog coat + hat.

I think she a female

shows to be very shy and runs behind Clemont Bunnebly as protection maybe she is a female

also loves to dance

Quick heads up, on Bulba, both the pedia and the forum, even if the gender is really obvious, they still won't accept it, unless its said outright (and in japanese)
You can stick it in a pink skirt, with a pink bow, and have it sing its raining men while throwing flowers, but still they say "unknown"

This is probably the image.
The image for what?

You can stick it in a pink skirt, with a pink bow, and have it sing its raining men while throwing flowers, but still they say "unknown"
Not that this means it applies to the Pokemon anime, but I have seen men do all of the above (though admittedly not at the same time... yet :p)

The image for what?

Not that this means it applies to the Pokemon anime, but I have seen men do all of the above (though admittedly not at the same time... yet :p)

Exactly lol, but like you said the difference is between real life and Pokemon. So far there hasn't been any Pokemon to display feminine characteristics in the anime but have it be male, so it probably is safe to assume. (Although Jigglypuff is the only one im not sure on)

Maybe they could bring back that annoying girl based off Kris, I think her name was Marina? She had a Misdreavus, I'd lol if they made it a man :D

EDIT: Why is that for Pokemon even if they are obviously Male/Female we cant assume, but with human characters, we are allowed to assume its obviously Male/female?

Quick heads up, on Bulba, both the pedia and the forum, even if the gender is really obvious, they still won't accept it, unless its said outright (and in japanese)

In my short time here, I've come to notice that, too.

In my short time here, I've come to notice that, too.

Its because the Japanese version is the original script. If the English stated any of them as male/female, and the Japanese said otherwise in a future episode, the English dub will have to follow along because if the sex is revealed it means it played a role in moves like Attract or so, if one sex is wrong, every one that got hit by Attract will have their sex reversed. I admit it will be hilarious if the two version's Pokemon are in completely opposite sex but it will be really dumb at the same time.

I edited out the News prefix since this isn't news, but rather speculation. We can't really say for sure whether Eevee is male or female. The evidence used to claim that it is female is rather shakey at best. Personally, I don't really see the point in making a big deal about whether a Pokemon is male or female. It just comes off as making a fuss over really minor details in the grand scheme of things.

I'm 100% sure it's a female. I think Pokémon Fan Magazine stated that she liked Pikachu so there we go.

I'm 100% sure it's a female. I think Pokémon Fan Magazine stated that she liked Pikachu so there we go.

Well, spoiler alert, as it seems its not Pikachu that Eevee likes.......

Go watch the capture episode and the preview of the next episode.

Or, plot twist, it could be the world's only genderless Eevee... anyway, I think the more important question is how stupid the writers would be to not evolve it into Sylveon.

Given how horribly stereotypical the anime is on gender, I'd rather they kept the ambiguity and avoided the use of moves like Attract, and only gendered Pokemon when there was a useful outcome.

A good recent example of why I dislike the Anime's handling of gender was the Cosplay Pikachu episode - they departed from the games and made Rock/Masked Pikachu male, just so that all the actors would fit the stereotypes. It's a nitpick in an episode I really enjoyed, but it really wasn't necessary.

I'd say that because of how awful the anime is on these things, "Pink = girl" is a reasonable enough assumption. As for Bulbapedia and making it "official" it's the difference between a preponderance of evidence and reasonable doubt.

Well, spoiler alert, as it seems its not Pikachu that Eevee likes.......

Go watch the capture episode and the preview of the next episode.

I'm pretty sure it's a girl still especially with Mika Kanai voicing it.

I'm pretty sure it's a girl still especially with Mika Kanai voicing it.

And we had Rica Matsumoto voicing Ash and Ikue Otani voicing Pikachu, Etsuko Kozakura as Piplup and more to go. Whats the problem with Mika Kanai voicing Eevee if its a male?

I've seen a lot of fuss over some pretty dumb stuff in the anime before. This probably isn't the dumbest issue I've ever seen, but it's up there. Also, OP, present some more convincing and thorough evidence to support your theory, because as it is, even I can see that it's a very stereotypical assumption.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom