• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Periodic Table Mafia ~ Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Card Mafia it was easy because the nature of the game made the chances of getting CCd small.
In a normal game like this, especially now that Doctor, the other almost omnipresent normal role, is confirmed to exist, a mafia claiming cop would risk almost 100% chances of getting CCd

Well, considering someone already claimed cop earlier...

You have to admit, it's a good reason for me to never have those launch codes.

Why I was only able to speak during the day phase: Someone is a Silencer. I spent the entire day under Silence, only able to vote.

I fully suspect Zexy of this, since they are the only one whose ability I cannot account for that I know affected me.

Could you explain what you mean by fully suspecting Zexy for an ability you cannot account for?

Also, why are you so sure Elieson is not Mafia?

you did that before as mafia (in XY I believe) so that doesn't really mean anything. can I ask why you didn't just claim earlier in the day phase? considering you were on thin ice there as well I don't see why you didn't just claim before - it would've made your claim a little more believable imo

that's a pretty quick change considering just last phase you were saying this in response to Feenie:
Not in XY, wasn't softclaiming back then yet. You probably mean XY&Z where I was JOAT and knew right away I'd claim JOAT since it was my real role anyway so I went for it. Over here if I were mafia I wouldn't have thought of claiming Cop of all things; keep in mind that scum!me tends to claim stuff my role includes as that's more safe from counterclaims; for example Explosive in Artemis Fowl (you weren't around for that game but I'm still bringing it up for the others's sake).
Cop just isn't a safe fakeclaim unless the setup has some quirk that makes it so Cop/Doctor don't likely exist in the town.

I didn't claim earlier in the day phase because I was hoping I wouldn't have to claim... and I would've insisted on not claiming had Caps flipped scum/not both Caps and Sword were to die at once.

Now you're just talking about part of my post; just a bit later I explain why I'm still torn over this and what has changed in my mind over my read on him. The way you only quote what's convenient to shade me is very scummy.
Seems like something role-related that we'd rather not push about in the night phase, honestly.

Could you explain what you mean by fully suspecting Zexy for an ability you cannot account for?

The ability I cannot account for who has it is the ability to Silence people. And Zexy posted this while I was silenced:

I tried to use my night action in a way that could help us solve the game but it was redirected to Ereshkigal so maybe next night.

Also, I can clear Elieson because of actions last night and how they resolved in my PM afterward. I'm actually not allowed to say what it was, though, just like I couldn't say anything at all while Silenced.

It's the fun part of my ability; I get to know the neat, unusual effects some abilities have.

you did that before as mafia (in XY I believe) so that doesn't really mean anything. can I ask why you didn't just claim earlier in the day phase? considering you were on thin ice there as well I don't see why you didn't just claim before - it would've made your claim a little more believable imo

that's a pretty quick change considering just last phase you were saying this in response to Feenie:

yEAH, and I gave Zexy a pass for it. He KNOWS he could do it as Mafia and HAS done it before. He literally has no excuse and just hopes we forget his meta.

Him doing a 180 degrees is just to save his ass. Considering jow awful his case has been on Feenie I wouldn't be surprised at this point if she's his scumpartner and he has just been shading on her for all of Day 2 to distance himself away from her so she looks Town.

The ability I cannot account for who has it is the ability to Silence people. And Zexy posted this while I was silenced:

Also, I can clear Elieson because of actions last night and how they resolved in my PM afterward. I'm actually not allowed to say what it was, though, just like I couldn't say anything at all while Silenced.

It's the fun part of my ability; I get to know the neat, unusual effects some abilities have.
Wait were you actually silenced last night? Did you claim it earlier, wonder if I missed it or you just didn't for some reason. Imo you should've claimed it as soon as possible because it looks so certain this is a scum ability.

You are not allowed to say something even after the Silence is over? OK now that's some weird thing, could you at least elaborate on how that silence worked?

yEAH, and I gave Zexy a pass for it. He KNOWS he could do it as Mafia and HAS done it before. He literally has no excuse and just hopes we forget his meta.

Him doing a 180 degrees is just to save his ass. Considering jow awful his case has been on Feenie I wouldn't be surprised at this point if she's his scumpartner and he has just been shading on her for all of Day 2 to distance himself away from her so she looks Town.
I know, I just don't point it out because it's not relevant to this game; for all the times I've softclaimed something right away as scum there have been MUCH MORE where I've done the same thing as town

What's awful about my case on Feenie? I quoted two posts I didn't like from her, I never saw much retaliation other than "nah you're wrong because you're scummy, you scum!" In that case why not just get rid of Feenie then if you think she's scum too!

Wait were you actually silenced last night? Did you claim it earlier, wonder if I missed it or you just didn't for some reason. Imo you should've claimed it as soon as possible because it looks so certain this is a scum ability.

You are not allowed to say something even after the Silence is over? OK now that's some weird thing, could you at least elaborate on how that silence worked?

I said I was silenced in this post, as soon as I confirmed with Pikochu I was no longer silenced:

Why I was only able to speak during the day phase: Someone is a Silencer. I spent the entire day under Silence, only able to vote.

I fully suspect Zexy of this, since they are the only one whose ability I cannot account for that I know affected me.

During the silence period, all I could do was vote. That's it. That's why, during the day, all you saw from me was a single post in which I voted.

And, yeah, it's a weird effect. I'm actually a bit confused by it? I'll have to clear it further with the mods due to how that resolved. I think my own ability threw a monkey wrench into things.

OK cool, honestly I didn't notice Eresh didn't post anything but a vote all day wow, but good to know a Silencer exists in the game.

Please ask the hosts as much as you can about the nature of it and how much you can/can't say, any and all info here is useful.

This is why I love Lightningrods that manage to stay alive when town :) It happened in Zexy Games II too and XY&Z but I was scum there so I didn't love it

I know, I just don't point it out because it's not relevant to this game; for all the times I've softclaimed something right away as scum there have been MUCH MORE where I've done the same thing as town

What's awful about my case on Feenie? I quoted two posts I didn't like from her, I never saw much retaliation other than "nah you're wrong because you're scummy, you scum!" In that case why not just get rid of Feenie then if you think she's scum too!

I don't believe that you do it a lot more as Town. Anyway, softclaims are a moot point to support your claim. Scum do it almost all the time to prepare themselves to save themselves offsite and you have plenty of experience.

Your case was just Feenie not thinking jack was auto clear for claiming Miller (shading him, as you put it) and not thinking Cheff was auto scum for not voting jdthebud. Why would I try getting rid of her when it depends on what you flip?

I don't believe that you do it a lot more as Town. Anyway, softclaims are a moot point to support your claim. Scum do it almost all the time to prepare themselves to save themselves offsite and you have plenty of experience.

Your case was just Feenie not thinking jack was auto clear for claiming Miller (shading him, as you put it) and not thinking Cheff was auto scum for not voting jdthebud. Why would I try getting rid of her when it depends on what you flip?
I do it every game, and I am town more than scum. What a softclaim does is make it clear that I was planning to claim this exact thing since Day 1; it's not enough by itself but it shows I was willing to go for this exact claim while still blind in the game's state, when scum!me would have no idea of whether he could claim cop without CC risk.

No no, she tried to make Cheff look good as soon as jd flipped because of said flip and also said something weird about Cheff earlier on. She shaded jack too and made lots of CWAC posts.
You said that you think she's scum if I'm scum. But if I'm town, then you know I think she's scum; in either case there's reason to think of her as scum. So it doesn't depend on what I flip.

I do it every game, and I am town more than scum. What a softclaim does is make it clear that I was planning to claim this exact thing since Day 1; it's not enough by itself but it shows I was willing to go for this exact claim while still blind in the game's state, when scum!me would have no idea of whether he could claim cop without CC risk.

No no, she tried to make Cheff look good as soon as jd flipped because of said flip and also said something weird about Cheff earlier on. She shaded jack too and made lots of CWAC posts.
You said that you think she's scum if I'm scum. But if I'm town, then you know I think she's scum; in either case there's reason to think of her as scum. So it doesn't depend on what I flip.

You could just not use the softclaim...???

Your entire game has been off. If you were Town, I don't believe you would have removed your vote on Feenie to vote TheCapsFan with no chance to prove himself when he could have Roleblocked FA.

Now you're just talking about part of my post; just a bit later I explain why I'm still torn over this and what has changed in my mind over my read on him. The way you only quote what's convenient to shade me is very scummy.

i didn't see the point in mentioning the rest since yes you explained it, but that doesn't change the fact it was still a quick change.

Elieson's claim is that that he can't be recruited. How did it anything regarding his alignment or claim come to you?

Elieson's claim is that that he can't be recruited. How did it anything regarding his alignment or claim come to you?

Hold on while I confirm, for certain, what I can and cannot say about it. But, it should be obvious there was a third party involved and my ability kinda... made things messy.

Hold on while I confirm, for certain, what I can and cannot say about it. But, it should be obvious there was a third party involved and my ability kinda... made things messy.

Third party???? Is Elieson actually Independent??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom