• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto/Johto Sequels

IMO Butterfree should get a Mega because Beedrill got one, and Machamp should get a Mega because both Gengar and Alakazam got one.

Psyduck and Golduck need their typing to be retconned to Water/Psychic.

The Legendary birds need some exclusive Z-Moves.

Dragonite, Arcanine, and Lapras need more love.

I wish we had a mega Raichu. And maybe add Dragon/Fairy mega Dragonite. This pretty much sums up my wish list for Kanto Megas. I'd like them to focus on Johto Pokemon more.

*looks at name, avatar, and signature*

...yeah I think Butterfree needs something.

I was really hoping it would get a good mega like Beedrill did, and since the mega that beedrill received actually made it good, I had high hopes for butterfree' as well. Like, do the same thing but max its speed and special attack. But of course, gen 7 decided to forego mega evolution for alolan forms and z moves instead. And they couldn't even bother to give butterfree a neat alolan form either. Sigh :/

Honestly surprised they didn't turn the SS Anne into the battle facility for Alola to begin with. It would fit the relaxed holiday theme of Alola and would have been an easy explanation for why many characters could appear (they boarded the boat from their various regions) without it seeming contrived. Doing something similar to it in a return to Kanto seems possible.

This is without a doubt the best idea here and I'm actually kind of mad that they didn't do this for Alola. I would have loved seeing everyone in resort gear! It wouldn't be this fun if this idea was done in a Kanto game imo.

We have about three weeks to find out if sequels are happening this year. The E3 digital event will be Switch-exclusive, but TPCi could announce a new 3DS game at any minute (look at ORAS) without a Direct.

I'm hoping for a cross-platform release, which might work for the digital event if they want to push the Switch version more.

This is without a doubt the best idea here.
Gee, thanks. Can we not rate each other's ideas?

Gee, thanks. Can we not rate each other's ideas?

SDSFDSGDS!1!! Senpai didn't notice my bootlicking anyway so what's the point TT

It really makes no sense to not have a game this year. The Pokemon hype is MASSIVE this year. Kanto games will be the best way to get all those who were hooked on Go to come on board, buy a 3DS or something.

A kickass combination. To quote myself:

Yes, but unlike the island challenge being the player character's main goal, in this case the league would be a means to an end. It would be about the gym leaders teaching/testing the player more than anything else, which would add more depth compared to the previous games. That is to say, the leaders would appear outside their gyms and interaction with Totem-like Pokemon (Neo Celebi's army) would take place prior to the gym battles.

Come to think of it, the gym leaders testing the player's readiness for the Totem-like challenge could make more sense.

Last edited:
A kickass combination. To quote myself:

Come to think of it, the gym leaders testing the player's readiness for the Totem-like challenge could make more sense.
If gyms and totem pokemon are included in the kanto sequel. it would be cool, at least there's a chance to earn some extra experience point, it'll help train your pokemon faster.

Technically, Totems don't provide a lot of experience. But exciting battles are worth it, anyway.

Imagine 8 gyms, 8 Totem-like bosses and 8 additional gyms in the post-game.

@SerenaToAlola Wouldn't Mew's Z-move take it off your list?

Also, as far as Pokemon I'd love to see given treatment with either Megas, Z-moves, or some kind of variant forme...

-Arcanine: fine with anything
-Butterfree: would prefer Mega (to match Beedrill...make it Bug/Psychic maybe?)
-Nidoking/queen: fine with anything
-Dragonite: would prefer mega (T-Tar, Metagross, Salamence, and Garchomp are waiting for Dragonite to join the club...)
-Rapidash: either a form or mega. still waiting for a Fire/Fairy Pegasus or somethin

and maybe Machamp, too. I'm dying to see Machamp turned into a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure reference... so much potential XD

And while I don't particularly care about it, Lapras is a super obvious choice.

Last edited:
He/she probably didn't count Z-moves. I'm guessing that Snorlax is on the list due to Munchlax.

Lapras is adorable and yet has Loch Ness attributes (which could be explored via an era variant). What is not to love?

Wouldn't Mew's Z-move take it off your list?
Ooops I forgot.

Updated it.

I'd like the Nido family, the Hitmon family and the Oddish family to get Z-moves.

Definitely Mega for Butterfree.

Something for Dragonite, Rapidash, Arcanine, Machamp and Lapras. Maybe even Farfetch'd since it's so symbolic of Japan.

I feel like you may have said that a couple times before. Well I can personally see them coming back. I believe that they only dropped it from SM cause it would take the attention away from the fancy new feature that is Z-moves and Alolan forms. The other games in the generation can deal with juggling through all these new mechanics. I mean they already retconned remakes for it. Introducing new megas in sequels would be easier from a story telling perspective.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom