• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
then why make 2 new movies with legendaries if they have no "game" plans? weird.

So...this is basically going to be the Pokemon equivalent of "22 Short Films About Springfield"???o_O
"The Legendary Pokémon Lugia, at this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the region, localized entirely within this town?!"
Apparently the New TR is in the movie after all. No words on other characters' VAs.
Ugh, the TRio. Even if you like them as characters – and occasionally I do – they could literally be removed from M20 with no plot change whatsoever. I hope there's more of a justification for their appearance this time around.

Ugh, the TRio. Even if you like them as characters – and occasionally I do – they could literally be removed from M20 with no plot change whatsoever. I hope there's more of a justification for their appearance this time around.
The vast amount of characters for this movie isn't giving me much hopes, sadly.

TRITO
A timid researcher that lacks confidence.
oh no

I'd be surprised if Ash doesn't get at least one Johto starter this movie, seeing how it seemingly focuses on Johto and the starters are very recognizable to the audience (especially casual Pokemon fans). The old lady already has a Totodile, and Ash got Fire covered with Charizard, so I think Chikorita could work.

Then again, Totodile could serve as this movie's token starter and they don't let Ash have one, that could happen too.

That was nice and all, but it's not 'everyone's story' until I've seen some footage on the TRio in the sparkly new art style...

If you ask me, it's all about the eyes of Jessie's and James's. I had really adored them up till Sinnoh. Then, their eyes were redesigned in the BW series and I have never been enjoying them ever since... It's as if their personalities have been evaporated. I still like Meowth though, BW managed to spare its eyes. I hope that M21 will make their eyes look in such a way that I can savour that nostalgic vibe. Their old eyes complemented their personalities so well...

Pointlessly including the Rocket trio urks me for some reason. Maybe because they already get shoved into almost every episode even if they dont need to be.

I'd be surprised if Ash doesn't get at least one Johto starter this movie, seeing how it seemingly focuses on Johto and the starters are very recognizable to the audience (especially casual Pokemon fans). The old lady already has a Totodile, and Ash got Fire covered with Charizard, so I think Chikorita could work.

Oh, I get the feeling Chiki will get in because of her crush on her bae ;)

Heck, she may be the only Johto mon on his team in the film for all we know.

Oh, I get the feeling Chiki will get in because of her crush on her bae ;)

Heck, she may be the only Johto mon on his team in the film for all we know.
Exactly.

Since they omitted Bulbasaur and Squirtle from M20, I don't see them giving Ash all three Johto starters in this movie. Maybe both Chikorita and Cyndaquil at most, but definitely not Totodile due to the old lady having one.

That was nice and all, but it's not 'everyone's story' until I've seen some footage on the TRio in the sparkly new art style...
Here you go...

ecc99e96ec23da93b8015c1f396dd9ca--james-darcy-team-rocket.jpg

(Gee this makes me wonder if any style other than the early Kanto one consistently suited them....)

Do the TRio need to be shoved in every movie when they barely do a thing?

Yes!

I hope the Cyndaquil line appears in some fashion.

Typhlosion remains the only fully evolved Johto starter to have never appeared in a movie. And the only fully evolved starter to never appear in a movie if the recent Alola trio are excluded. Even then, Incineroar appeared in M20.

Then again, Totodile could serve as this movie's token starter and they don't let Ash have one, that could happen too.
Maybe Ash would eventually end up getting that Totodile? I don't think it's likely, but it's at least a theory...
...A MOVIE THEORY!

...I'll see myself out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom