• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If these games are real, I'm surprisingly hyped for them. Like many, I too started with Kanto, and even if it's not my favourite region, it will be pretty cool to see the region that started it all on the big screen.

Furthermore, I'm quite confident that these games will NOT be 1:1 remakes of the original games. If the rumors are to be believed, we might be getting a new set of protagonists, so it should be a brand new adventure in Kanto.

Just another hint thats been in our faces for awhile that I just noticed, Let's Go are in the first sentence of the second opening for the Sun and Moon anime. Might be a stretch but it's also pretty much there too haha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180515-184051.png
    Screenshot_20180515-184051.png
    713.3 KB · Views: 95
Aaaaand we’re back with the ‘sick of Kanto’ stuff.

We’ve never seen Kanto in 3D. It won’t be the same as FRLG and if you’re expecting it to be, I honestly don’t know what to say to you. It’s actually been much longer since we’ve had a Kanto game than a Sinnoh game. (Nope, HGSS does not count as a Kanto game) So the argument for which is more deserving of a revisit is not only dubious but also highly subjective.

I won’t be skipping the games or leaving the franchise because I love Pokémon and Kanto got me into Pokémon in the first place since that’s where the games and anime started. If revisiting Kanto really offends you so much then... I mean... ok?

Hgss don't count as a revisit why? Because you said so? It's exactly the same scenario of this possible new game. So let's go don't count as a revisit as well by your logic?

Kanto already has remakes and is pandered every region. There was no need to for it now. Some people like inovation and explore a new region, not doing the same thing over and over. Johto was my first game doesn't mean I want to see it forever and shove it in other people throats.

I started with Red version back in the day, it's not my favorite region but it is one that started my interested in Pokemon. My favorite goes to Sinnoh of the Platinum version;

The thought of going back to Kanto set 10 years after the games is intriguing nonetheless.

Hgss don't count as a revisit why? Because you said so? It's exactly the same scenario of this possible new game. So let's go don't count as a revisit as well by your logic?

Kanto already has remakes and is pandered every region. There was no need to for it now. Some people like inovation and explore a new region, not doing the same thing over and over. Johto was my first game doesn't mean I want to see it forever and shove it in other people throats.

This is what I mean. Hysteria. How is it doing ‘the same thing over and over’? Kanto being mentioned in games is not the same as visiting the region. In my opinion (an opinion shared by many others) HGSS doesn’t count as a Kanto revisit because it’s not a Kanto game. It’s a Johto game. Kanto is empty with no storyline and was clearly an afterthought.

I don’t know why you’ve assumed I don’t like innovation and exploring a new region, I love that. It’s why I’ve purchased every. single. game since Red and Blue.

But sure.... let’s do the same thing over and over again by having a game properly set in Kanto for the 3rd time in over 20 years...

Man, I got torn in half by users here when I theorized this would be very Go-esque. Well, looks like I'm done with PKMN. Good thing Smash is coming out.

Man, I got torn in half by users here when I theorized this would be very Go-esque. Well, looks like I'm done with PKMN. Good thing Smash is coming out.

I'm sure the Pokémon Go integration aspects will be very small, and optional such as using the Joycon. It'll still very much feel and function like every core series Pokémon game.

emily said not this week

Then she also said that with all the hysteria and leaks, it's possible that they may announce it earlier.

emily said not this week
I believe she said that before the leak happened, and then she said that the reveal might happen sooner because of the leak.

Scraftail said:
The games are still based on Yellow, though.
Insofar as you can choose and travel with Pikachu in a single version, yes. The different protagonist and rival (if that is the case) are big changes already. It would be weird if it were the same story.

when can we expect a direct? this week maybe?
Emily said they're likely going to move it up now that's it's all leaked.They can't reschedule for this week fo course,but if it was last week of May maybe they will reschedule to next week,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom