• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read some info about a lot of new not announced pokemon in early locations, at this point, I think they've seen just a bunch of pre evos, first stages of tea, corviknight, drednaw, alcreamie +a regional bug if there is any. At this point, i think that we will have the least amount of new pokemon of all time. The games still look amazing and even though it's upsetting, I'm done getting disappointed. I liked every single pokemon game apart from bw, and haven't finished only 2 of them (lgpe - because kanto is so empty and boring, i really liked catching tons of pokemon though + usum, because I spent 3-4 days going through ultraspace and then just never returned to the games at all, lol), so I would definitely like the first home console pokemon game. Yeah, maybe not for 300 hours, but at least for 25

I've read some info about a lot of new not announced pokemon in early locations, at this point, I think they've seen just a bunch of pre evos, first stages of tea, corviknight, drednaw, alcreamie +a regional bug if there is any. At this point, i think that we will have the least amount of new pokemon of all time. The games still look amazing and even though it's upsetting, I'm done getting disappointed. I liked every single pokemon game apart from bw, and haven't finished only 2 of them (lgpe - because kanto is so empty and boring, i really liked catching tons of pokemon though + usum, because I spent 3-4 days going through ultraspace and then just never returned to the games at all, lol), so I would definitely like the first home console pokemon game. Yeah, maybe not for 300 hours, but at least for 25
That's an awfully pessimistic viewpoint.

That's an awfully pessimistic viewpoint.

While it does indeed seem that way, she's kinda right though, if only looking at the recent two generations and what they got compared to now just in terms of reveals, its a fair judgement to make that there might not be too many new pokemon, especially with the credible leaks we have not giving much indication of too much more either ontop of X amount of pokemon being cut from the game.

Gamefreak have really messed up with their marketing here. I get that they don't want to reveal all their cards, I completely understand that, and it is fun to go in blind to some degree. But we've hardly seen any new Pokémon, and I agree that most likely the 'new' Pokémon early players have been talking about are pre-evos of what we already know.
Obviously they don't want people gravitating to leaks, but at the same time, I'm going to gravitate to leaks because I don't want to spend forty pounds on a game that might not have much content.

Gamefreak have really messed up with their marketing here. I get that they don't want to reveal all their cards, I completely understand that, and it is fun to go in blind to some degree. But we've hardly seen any new Pokémon, and I agree that most likely the 'new' Pokémon early players have been talking about are pre-evos of what we already know.
Obviously they don't want people gravitating to leaks, but at the same time, I'm going to gravitate to leaks because I don't want to spend forty pounds on a game that might not have much content.
We’re talking from 6 to 9 new Pokémon, except Yamper (as they mentioned it and it’s a Pokémon they could talk about it).
The only pre-evo possible are Corviknight’s and Drednaught (which I don’t think would be present early on, even if it has a pre-evo), there aren’t many new Pokémon they could talk about, given that the rest announced that are likely base stage, they could’ve spoke about it.

I guess that two of the Pokémon catchable in the first Routes are the regional rodent and bug. But even if the first two routes new Pokémon are mostly announced or speculated (like the two above), I don’t see the big deal. While the possibility of a fully screwed up balancing when new Pokémon are available is present, it’s not based on the first two routes that we’d have necessarily knows how many new Pokémon would be present, as we’d obviously catch the traditional staples of the new routes. The fact that only new ones are catchable in those routes is still a good news.

I wouldn’t worry too much, although it depends on your expectations. Mine are about 80-90 new Pokémon, and I think based on the previews we should arrive at that number if not a little more. I don’t think it’s very possible to have 150 new ones as some speculated.

I also don’t think their reasoning for not showing off much new Pokémon is due to leaks, just an overreaction to the previous gen’a cycle.

We’re talking from 6 to 9 new Pokémon, except Yamper (as they mentioned it and it’s a Pokémon they could talk about it).
The only pre-evo possible are Corviknight’s and Drednaught (which I don’t think would be present early on, even if it has a pre-evo), there aren’t many new Pokémon they could talk about, given that the rest announced that are likely base stage, they could’ve spoke about it.

I guess that two of the Pokémon catchable in the first Routes are the regional rodent and bug. But even if the first two routes new Pokémon are mostly announced or speculated (like the two above), I don’t see the big deal. While the possibility of a fully screwed up balancing when new Pokémon are available is present, it’s not based on the first two routes that we’d have necessarily knows how many new Pokémon would be present, as we’d obviously catch the traditional staples of the new routes. The fact that only new ones are catchable in those routes is still a good news.

I wouldn’t worry too much, although it depends on your expectations. Mine are about 80-90 new Pokémon, and I think based on the previews we should arrive at that number if not a little more. I don’t think it’s very possible to have 150 new ones as some speculated.

I also don’t think their reasoning for not showing off much new Pokémon is due to leaks, just an overreaction to the previous gen’a cycle.

Oh, definitely the regional bug, and if Corviknight is the regional bird then definitely its pre-evo(s) as well. Could Morpeko be the regional rodent do you think?

They're just playing it far, far too safe for me right now. Which, after the constant information overload from Sun and Moon, I can understand, but it can send off implications of being unconfident in their own game. Which I absolutely don't think is the case: I think Gamefreak are very proud of this game. But right now, fans seem to be more worried than excited for the game (from what I've seen in general).

Oh, definitely the regional bug, and if Corviknight is the regional bird then definitely its pre-evo(s) as well. Could Morpeko be the regional rodent do you think?

They're just playing it far, far too safe for me right now. Which, after the constant information overload from Sun and Moon, I can understand, but it can send off implications of being unconfident in their own game. Which I absolutely don't think is the case: I think Gamefreak are very proud of this game. But right now, fans seem to be more worried than excited for the game (from what I've seen in general).
Morpeko is the regional pikaclone, not the regional rodent (which I think some shirts in game and the leak already hinted at).

And yeah, they’re definitely overreacting to the previous marketing cycle. It’s still a good strategy if there’s a good number of new Pokémon, but given the graphics details not being up to what people expected, and especially the cut national dex, people are more prone to skepticism and negativity, which isn’t helped by the minimalistic marketing campaign.

Lapras, Gengar, Alakazam, Machamp, Dragonite... Not now we could get more next games , remakes and continuations.

The world became sceptic but think positive. Ash won the league.

I swear there were a few previews that reiterated how much had been kept secret/surprise at how many new Pokemon they encountered - did I dream that?
Several did that, it’s just that people fear it’s just a bunch of pre evolutions and already confirmed first stage ones.

Which I think it might be a bit of an overreaction, because while the pre-evo thing is likely true for a couple of them, if the others were all already confirmed the previewers could talk about them, as the already confirmed ones aren’t locked by NDA.

So regardless of what will happen later in the game, I’m fairy certain there’s a decent aumont of new Pokémon that they haven’t shown so far in the early routes.

The fact that GF is keeping under wraps the starters’ evolution should be a clear sign on how secretive they’re being in this cycle.

Turns out parasect leak's fake

I don’t get how you’d find a Gigantamax in the wild in the first two hours. They’re supposed to be quite rare.

The only way I see there’s a Gigantamax Machamp in the first hours..it’s if in the seemingly first cutscene of the game, where

Leon is fighting a challenger, likely the Raihan present in a screenshot/video, and the latter has Machamp.

Now that I think of, didn’t the Affleck leak mentioned that Sonia was once Leon’s rival? What if she, with Raihan and Leon, are trainers of the same generation, that became famous for their battles...and Sonia has a Gigantamax Gengar, explaining ten posters in the MC’s room as signaling maybe that trio of trainers, and not just Leon’s Pokémon?

Or I guess that leaker/previewer got extremely lucky.

Last edited:
Several did that, it’s just that people fear it’s just a bunch of pre evolutions and already confirmed first stage ones.

Which I think it might be a bit of an overreaction, because while the pre-evo thing is likely true for a couple of them, if the others were all already confirmed the previewers could talk about them, as the already confirmed ones aren’t locked by NDA.

So regardless of what will happen later in the game, I’m fairy certain there’s a decent aumont of new Pokémon that they haven’t shown so far in the early routes.

The fact that GF is keeping under wraps the starters’ evolution should be a clear sign on how secretive they’re being in this cycle.

Yes; Really it has always seemed like Gen 6 and 7 had fewer new Pokemon in-game, while plenty more were designed both times. There just were not enough locations where they would actually fit. The actual depth of the routes, and Wild Area i think would be part of what would determine how many new can be added this time!

you know it will just be pure fire according to the leak that got almost everything right, right? BUT BLESS THE IMP BABY HE IS OUR KING!
By reading the leak, I think he was actually talking about Scorbunny, that he has fighting move but he’s pure fire, and then talked of the later stages. If he was referring to the final stage, why did he talk about fighting moves and the typing when referring to Scorbunny?

The informations of the two later stages are that they look humanoid and fighters, although he didn’t even remember the name of the last stage.

you know it will just be pure fire according to the leak that got almost everything right, right? BUT BLESS THE IMP BABY HE IS OUR KING!
That's a very common misconception. It read and I quote:
Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fighter.
Since we've accepted that "fighter" is a typo for "fire" it reads:
"Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fire."
It states that Scorbunny is a pure fire type (which is true) and will gain fighting moves (which is true as well, as it is seen to learn double kick), but doesn't state that its evolutions will be pure fire

By reading the leak, I think he was actually talking about Scorbunny, that he has fighting move but he’s pure fire, and then talked of the later stages. If he was referring to the final stage, why did he talk about fighting moves and the typing when referring to Scorbunny?

The informations of the two later stages are that they look humanoid and fighters, although he didn’t even remember the name of the last stage.
That's a very common misconception. It read and I quote:

Since we've accepted that "fighter" is a typo for "fire" it reads:
"Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fire."
It states that Scorbunny is a pure fire type (which is true) and will gain fighting moves (which is true as well, as it is seen to learn double kick), but doesn't state that its evolutions will be pure fire
whatever, i made a mistake, big deal. let's just love impidimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom