• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a chance that we may still get more Pokémon after the dlc. But as far as I am concerned, until we see these Pokémon or they are revealed, it is all really up in the air.

The rumors right now afaik is that the Dipplin evo is a thing but might not be obtainable outside of an in game event gift. So it might be a very limited thing with no way to evolve just any Dipplin.

This is pure spitballing on my end, but I wonder if it could be seen as like a sneak peak of sorts for idk next year's game which has Dipplin evolutionary method unlocked with Flapple and Appleton evos on top of that. Idk...

The rumors right now afaik is that the Dipplin evo is a thing but might not be obtainable outside of an in game event gift. So it might be a very limited thing with no way to evolve just any Dipplin.

This is pure spitballing on my end, but I wonder if it could be seen as like a sneak peak of sorts for idk next year's game which has Dipplin evolutionary method unlocked with Flapple and Appleton evos on top of that. Idk...
Nope, it's not impied by any rumour. It's still very much supposed to be Archaludon's counterpart. A regular, new evolution.

Only the Paradox forms might be from some kind of in-game event (like those Tera Raids). And 'Dokutaro' might be from a post-game sidequest.

Nope, it's not impied by any rumour. It's still very much supposed to be Archaludon's counterpart. A regular, new evolution.

Only the Paradox forms might be from some kind of in-game event (like those Tera Raids). And 'Dokutaro' might be from a post-game sidequest.
Could've sworn khu implied it was gift only or whatever, but maybe I'm thinking it wrong

Seems pretty unlikely since branch evolutions such as the ones you named don’t get evolutions
This actually isn't true as we do have one example of a branched evolution that can still evolve further: Wurmple can evolve into either Silcoon or Cascoon, which will then go on to evolve into Beautifly and Dustox respectively.

That being said, Dipplin would be the very first case of an evolved form of a branched family being able to evolve further than its siblings.

Could've sworn khu implied it was gift only or whatever, but maybe I'm thinking it wrong
I think that it might be a special gift given to you by Kieran after you beat him for the last time. I think that due to the Applin line's absence from the leaked dex they might end up getting Regional Variants, and that's why they're missing.

I think that it might be a special gift given to you by Kieran after you beat him for the last time. I think that due to the Applin line's absence from the leaked dex they might end up getting Regional Variants, and that's why they're missing.
We would've known if there were Regional Variants. Kitakami doesn't have them, why would an artificial island with imported Pokémon? Eviolite wouldn't work on 'regular' Dipplin if that were the case, either.

So, no. This is clearly a similar case to Galarian Slowking: Which was only available in the Crown Tundra Pokédex, but without its other family-members.

This actually isn't true as we do have one example of a branched evolution that can still evolve further: Wurmple can evolve into either Silcoon or Cascoon, which will then go on to evolve into Beautifly and Dustox respectively.
Oof, I forgot about Wurmple-
That being said, Dipplin would be the very first case of an evolved form of a branched family being able to evolve further than its siblings.
That would be interesting

Although I don't know why Koraidon and Miraidon's special forms would drop both of their types in favor of a third, unrelated type. The only Flying type moves Koraidon learns are Acrobatics and Dual Wingbeat through TM, while Miraidon's only Steel type moves are Metal Sound through level up and Heavy Slam and Flash Cannon through TM.

Although I don't know why Koraidon and Miraidon's special forms would drop both of their types in favor of a third, unrelated type. The only Flying type moves Koraidon learns are Acrobatics and Dual Wingbeat through TM, while Miraidon's only Steel type moves are Metal Sound through level up and Heavy Slam and Flash Cannon through TM.
Perhaps this would be a bit too simple, but I had a though a while back about the 19th Tera Type. I though about it being something that allows your attacks to always be 2X Super Effective against whoever you attack. Perhaps that could be related to the Raidon's special forms.

There is a new rumor floating around, but its not worth posting here, since it starts with: I work at the TPCI... every rumor that starts with that is an instant fake.
Or at least not believing until we have other information to back it up.

Or at least not believing until we have other information to back it up.

I mean... there is a direct contradiction in the rumor as well.

Dipplins evo is called Hydrappl. It apparently is a 600BST mon (Which is very unlikely, since Dipplin itself is only 485, which means Hydrappl would get a 115 stat increase
Hydrapple is gonna be a Bug/Dragon type
Hydrapples signature ability is called Toxic Influence and grants the permanent Poison typing to Hydrappe, then whats the point in making it Bug/Dragon instead of just let it keep the Grass/Dragon typing if it gets permanent poison added anyways

Hi, I work at TCPi in this exact position doing this exact stuff knowing things that you guys need to dip into the data for like BST. Obviously giving the company a big neon sign of who I am is not going to have any repercussions on me, so here you go while I enjoy that sweet ten minutes of fame over my actual job.

Also, that Paradox Terrakion is broken even by Gen 9 standards. I don't think even GF would give a Rock type 168 Atk, 104 Spd, a signature Rock move, and a free stat boost in Electric Terrain (which will likely get Tapu Koko back for setting) unless they gut its movepool as otherwise that's walking all over VGC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom