• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Journeys and Master Journeys are leaving Netflix in March

This is like a month after the news that Pokémon TV will discontinue in March

Oof.

They have mentioned that some of the other Pokémon stuff will be staying on for a bit longer but something tells me that we may well be reaching the end of the road with Netflix's time with the franchise and it may be hopping over to a different streaming service in the future.

Probably just me though.

Last edited:
Parts of the show are also shattered in Amazon Prime, Hulu, Roku, Tubi, Freevee and Hoopla (the streaming device not the SpongeBob gag)

Well, it is happening earlier than usual so I guess chances of TPCi launching their own (likely paid) platform just increased to 90% lol. Pretend to be shocked when it's announced on Pokemon Day.

I can confirm the "last day to see" text does not appear in the Latin American version but it could be added during the week.

Well, it is happening earlier than usual so I guess chances of TPCi launching their own (likely paid) platform just increased to 90% lol. Pretend to be shocked when it's announced on Pokemon Day.
as much as i appreciate the whole series being on a single platform, i dunno if i would pay for something like that. i guess it depends on the price for me

So as someone who doesn't really watch or keep up with the Pokémon dub these days, is this dub only available on Netflix in the US and, once it's removed, there'll be no other (legal) way to watch it for Americans or is it also available on like DVD or for purchase and digital download or what?

So as someone who doesn't really watch or keep up with the Pokémon dub these days, is this dub only available on Netflix in the US and, once it's removed, there'll be no other (legal) way to watch it for Americans or is it also available on like DVD or for purchase and digital download or what?
You would basically have to hunt down used physical copies on sites like eBay and Amazon.

This Implies one of two things for me:
  • TPCi is trying its hand at the bubble known as streaming service wars or going to another network
  • TPCi is really confident in wiping the slate clean for Liko and Roy

Both seasons have been released on DVD sets, but they aren't available for digital download as far as I know. The DVD sets are relatively new and would be easy to find, but it's still a shame that they aren't available anywhere else.

This Implies one of two things for me:
  • TPCi is trying its hand at the bubble known as streaming service wars or going to another network
  • TPCi is really confident in wiping the slate clean for Liko and Roy
Out of the two, I think that the former is more likely to happen. I can't see TPCI trying to wipe the slate clean for Liko and Roy when Netflix still has the first season and a few movies available. More importantly, they can't really ignore or erase Ash's status as a iconic protagonist like that. Removing Journeys isn't going to make it any easier for people to latch onto Liko and Roy. People are still largely going to associate the anime with Ash. Trying to make Netflix just stream Horizons isn't going to change that. Going for another network would more plausible if they didn't make Netflix the premiere for Horizons too.

I'm pretty surprised by this news. With Netflix labeling these dubs as their own series and airing Horizons next month, I kind of thought that they'd keep Journeys around much longer than this. I could easily see TPCI trying to launch their own streaming service, especially after the sudden end for Pokemon TV. Having the anime available in one place instead of spread across multiple different services would be nice, even if it would also be locked behind a paywall.

Back
Top Bottom