• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New scan....Dawn changing to her Platinum clothes?!

How bout it shows up in the anime and vaught before the movie. Like maybe teach me pokemon besides being a clip show has borck explaining to a bunch of kids how to catch a pokemon and boom you got yourself a notch ear pichu. In the wild. Of Sinnoh. Yep sounds crazy but hell i want that to happen.

Why do people want dawn to get the damn pichu?! I mean she has pachirisu or do you want it to leave as well! Sorry i just love it and i dont want it to leave. Oh and i want brock to get it only cause i feel like it.

I don't know id Dawn will get pichu or not, but why does some people think if she does, her other pokes will get less attention and leave? I don't see it that way, but IMO, because we have Pikachu and we do not need another one like it in the party, I feel they won't have Dawn capture it. Would usurp Pikachu a bit I think if Dawn did obtain it and he has been one of the main pokemon thought the Anime.

Maybe the movie only character will catch it

Didn't someone here say that they like to change the ending in April and October? It would be weird if this ending would last to October, though.

I just meant that other anime tend to change around that time. Since Pokemon got a new OP/ED in October along with just about every other TV Tokyo anime, I figured they'd get a new ending in April since some of the other shows that got new ending back then have already changed them. Then there's also the fact that new anime shows tend to premiere in October and April.

Polka O Dolka running from April to October kinda solidifies that. I bet October is when we'll get the next opening as well. Satoshi will probably get his last badge around that time anyway.

Promo_PokemonMovie11.JPG
Movie12poster2.png

Notice that the first poster only includes Pikachu and Piplup (the two mascots) and the second is exactly the same, except Pichu is there too.

All this anime exists for is to shill the merchandise; everyone knows that the 'cute' and 'marketable' Pokémon get the most attention. Pichu fits that profile perfectly - imagine what a massive marketing rush they could do if Dawn or even Brock got it, and it was around for much longer than one movie.

Also, what about Dawn's Swinub being spoiled way in advance by a trailer for Movie 11? That alone shows it's absolutely not impossible for something to appear in movie press first before being caught in the show, just this time Pichu is getting way more attention than Swinub ever did.

Explain to me the rationale of Dawn catching a Pichu? With no new evolutions? With no upcoming games that revolve around it(I'll eat my words if such happens)?

Believe me, they're probably treating Pichu as such because it's in the next movie, and OMG it looks like Pikachu and OMG it's cute. Not for any captures.

Maybe the Pichu could tag along for a while then disappear off, return again in the movie?

I don't see Dawn getting a Pichu either.

Have people forgotten about all the promotion the Pichu Brothers got back in Johto and to a lesser extent in Hoenn during the hosos?

Why do people think notched-eared Pichu is going to be anything different than those Pichu brothers from Johto?

Explain to me the rationale of Dawn catching a Pichu? With no new evolutions? With no upcoming games that revolve around it(I'll eat my words if such happens)?

Pichu + Totodile + Chikorita + Cyndaquil + Movie 12 = do the math.

It's so painfully obvious at this point that I don't know why Nintendo hasn't yet announced it. When was Platinum announced again?

The only other answer is that the Notched-Ear Pichu is a special character in Mystery Dungeon Sky and the starters are a new expedition team or something.

Eteboth was just added to Hikari's bio on the movie 12 site. It's not going anywhere.

Hikari_Bio.png

Here's a screenshot.

Eteboth was just added to Hikari's bio on the movie 12 site. It's not going anywhere.

Hikari_Bio.png

Here's a screenshot.

Thank god!

And now thankfully that ridiculous Pichu theory is thrown out the window as well.

LOL. Now that was certainly a couple of pages of waste. Glad I didn't join the uproar over Ambiphom's supposed "leave". Now is this enough proof that the writers won't make silly mistakes like they did years ago?

Okay, this whole discussion proved to be just for nothing. Darn, writers.

Rocket Girl said:
That may be used as evidence that it could be staying after all, but it doesn't refute the possibility that it will leave. Two years ago, the Movie 10 web site had a similar page where at first, Buizel had been listed as Dawn's Pokémon, but was subsequently removed since no one was supposed to know about it at that point (the movie poster left it vague whether it was Dawn's or Ash's).

Zero_Chiaki said:
When was Platinum announced again?
May 2008.

The only other answer is that the Notched-Ear Pichu is a special character in Mystery Dungeon Sky and the starters are a new expedition team or something.
Not really. If Notched-ear Pichu were going to appear in Mystery Dungeon Sky, it would be promoted as such in the last month preceding the game's release, much like Arceus. Even if it did appear in that game, that wouldn't have anything to do with the promotion for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, in which Junichi Masuda has shown special interest (which he has only ever done to hype an upcoming Game Freak release).

Lethal Carnivine said:
I don't necessarily think that Notched-ear Pichu will be carried over to the show (although appearing in the new eyecatcher is certainly something to consider), but I only have this to say regarding your last remark: Brace yourself. Junichi Masuda has alluded to a relationship between the movie promotion's Pikachu-colored Pichu and Notched-ear Pichu; it can only really mean one thing.

Scott85 said:
Have people forgotten about all the promotion the Pichu Brothers got back in Johto and to a lesser extent in Hoenn during the hosos?

Why do people think notched-eared Pichu is going to be anything different than those Pichu brothers from Johto?
The Pich Bros appeared in two Pikachu Shorts in the generation of their debut, so it was nothing out of the ordinary. As for the Hoso specials, they were hardly a means of promoting anything - they aired on television and hadn't been advertised months in advance (if at all).

Notched-ear Pichu is rivaling Arceus in the amount of focus it is getting as a movie character in almost every respect, including but not limited to the movie promotion for the games. It will certainly be promoting a new game that just hasn't been announced yet, akin to Origin Forme's foreshadowing of Platinum. Whether or not the anime will choose to further promote that game by having Notched-ear Pichu as a permanent character is a question that may not be answered until well after the movie premiere (as was the case with May's Munchlax, and even Brock's Bonsly and James' Mime Jr.). The same goes for the Generation II starters.

Last edited:
Not really. If Notched-ear Pichu were going to appear in Mystery Dungeon Sky, it would be promoted as such in the last month preceding the game's release, much like Arceus. Even if it did appear in that game, that wouldn't have anything to do with the promotion for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, in which Junichi Masuda has shown special interest (which he has only ever done to hype an upcoming Game Freak release).

Maybe a new ranger game could have it as a mission or something? Manaphy was in a movie and only available as a mission in a ranger game, not any main games, but it could be transferred into main games, but it would need to be a future game as we know of, current games won't let us have one with a notched ear. Maybe the Notched ear pichu is in Anime to promote the upcoming movie

Notched-ear Pichu is rivaling Arceus in the amount of focus it is getting as a movie character in almost every respect, including but not limited to the movie promotion for the games. It will certainly be promoting a new game that just hasn't been announced yet, akin to Origin Forme's foreshadowing of Platinum. Whether or not the anime will choose to further promote that game by having Notched-ear Pichu as a permanent character is a question that may not be answered until well after the movie premiere (as was the case with May's Munchlax, and even Brock's Bonsly and James' Mime Jr.). The same goes for the Generation II starters.

Not sure if the Pichu will be around for the future of the show, but I can't wait to see its roll in the movie. I know it will have a roll in a futute game, but its as yet unconfirmed if it will be the Gen II remake everyone seems to want and we don't even know why the Johto starters are shown.

Anyway, I knew there was nothing to worry about, no release. It would not have been a good thing on writers behalf as with Dawn wanting to compete in GF, and one less pokemon would not have made it any easier.

Well I'm glad Ambipom is not leaving. Although I do wanna know what's going to go down in the ping pong episode.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom