• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon XR: Legends of Sinnoh (Original, PG to PG-13) [COMPLETE]

Re: Pokemon XR: Legends of Sinnoh (Original, PG to PG-13)

A 3-part battle? Not bad.
Hopefully a Gliscor will be seen!

Ooh. This battle is even lengthier than the others. Me like.
Hmm. Torterra's performance was kinda underwhelming. I hope it's Rain's last choice in the battle against Ket.
LOL. I can't believe the whole "Tiny Pokemon crushes Rain's Pokemon" thing happened in this battle too. How hurt Drapion must be :p
So Kodou is down to his last Pokemon, it's be awesome if what was once a goofy Gligar is now a bad-arse Gliscor.
I...just realised there's only 10 chaps left :bawling:

Episode #95: Kosui's Deal

Kodou takes out his final Pokeball, containing a new and improved Gligar inside. His signature Pokemon was his strongest, and he knew he was prepared to deal with Rain and his two Pokemon. Rain had Weavile, which was really effective against the Ground and Flying type Gligar, but how strong has it become since then?

"Ready, Rain?" Kodou asked. "You know what's coming next!"

Rain knew what it was as much as anyone else. The only issue was, he was saving it for this one battle, and hasn't used it in the entire league since. Rain would wonder how he'll deal with his improved Gligar.

"Are you ready?!" Kodou asked. "Go, Gliscor!"

Kodou releases a very unusual version of Gligar, instead of its usual purple-y, pinkish self, it was all purple with large full yellow eyes (even its iris is yellow), red ears, a red body and a black, bat-like cape behind it, somewhat like it's pre-evolution. It's pincers seem to be reversed and its tail now has two stingers and was much longer than before.

"Gliscor!" it said.

"Whoa!" Rain said. "Gligar?!"

Rain opens his Pokedex to see what it has now become.

"GLISCOR: THE FANG SCORP POKEMON; THE EVOLVED FORM OF GLISCOR WITH THE RAZOR FANG AT NIGHT. IT OBSERVES ITS PREY WHILE HANGING INVERTED FROM BRANCHES. IT STRIKES WHEN THE TARGET IS OPEN."

"I can't believe Gligar evolved! I didn't even know it could evolve!"

"Surprise, Surprise!" Kodou said. "Wait until you can see what he can do!"

"Gli, gli!" he said, clamping his pincers.

Rain gulps nervously as he prepares to use Drifblim to deal with Gliscor.

"Begin!" the official said.

“Drifblim, use Ominous Wind!” Rain ordered.

Drifblim spins around and shoots the ghostly wind at Gliscor, who seems to be unaffected, since it was using all of its strength to brave the wind. It smiles in success as he waits for his trainer's orders.

“Fury Cutter!” Kodou ordered.

Gliscor charges forward and strikes Drifblim constantly with a Fury Cutter attack, damaging Drifblim hard. Drifblim was sent back and disoriented from the attack, but still manages to pick itself up.

“Shadow Ball!” Rain ordered.

Drifblim fires a Shadow Ball, but Gliscor knocks it away. Rain was out of ideas, while Kodou decides to hit him where it hurts.

“End this!” Kodou said. “Night Slash!”

Gliscor uses Night Slash as he strikes Drifblim hard. It was stronger than usual, due to typing, as well as his strength. It slowly falls to the ground, unable to battle.

“Drifblim is unable to battle!” the official said. “Gliscor is the winner!”

“Rain is down to his last Pokemon. With both of them near the end, will there be any hope for our two top trainers?”

Rain knew this was the perfect opportunity to utilize Weavile's abilities and he needed them now more than ever.

“Go, Weavile!” Rain said.

Weavile was sent out, ready to battle. Kodou was a little nervous, since it knew a ton of Ice type attacks. He hopes for the best with Gliscor.

“Begin!” the official said.

“Use Ice Beam!” Rain ordered.

Weavile fires an Ice Beam that strikes Gliscor's wings and freezes them completely. Gliscor merely claps both of them together, breaking the ice.

“Weavile, use Slash!” Rain ordered.

“X-Scissor!” Kodou ordered.

Both Pokemon charge Forward as they strike each other hard. They were both sent to the opposite side as they strike each other with their respective attacks. They both get up and prepare for each other's attacks.

“Night Slash!” both of them said.

Both of them fire their Night Slash attacks, while Gliscor got hit with a much stronger version of it.

“How did Gliscor take so much damage from that attack, but Weavile didn't?” Jessica asked.

“STAB,” Donovan said. “Same Type Attack Bonus. Basically, if the attack is the same type as the type of the user, it does more damage. Not surprising, since Weavile is a Dark Type.”

“Gliscor, use X-Scissor!” Kodou ordered.

Gliscor strikes Weavile and knocks him back.

“Assurance!” Rain ordered.

Weavile jumps up and charges towards Gliscor with a strong energy in its claws and strikes him hard, knocking him back.

“I think we need to take this up a notch,” Kodou said. “Gliscor, use Thunder Fang!”

Gliscor slashes Weavile and bites his neck like the vampire Pokemon that he is and shocks Weavile hard. Weavile falls to the ground while Gliscor flutters back.

“Now, end this with Guillotine!” Kodou ordered.

If he's hit with this...it's all over!” Rain thought. “WEAVILE, GET OUT OF THERE, QUICK!!!!”

Weavile gets up to see the large pincer that was growing to humongous sizes. Weavile tries to move, but was weakened by the Thunder Fang. Gliscor strikes with the Guillotine attack, but what happened to Weavile pretty much shocked everyone, including Rain himself!

“N....No way!” Rain said to himself.

To everyone's surprise, Weavile was actually halting the Guillotine Attack with both of his hands. Normally the force would break him in half, but Weavile didn't want to surrender to a Gliscor.

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Weavile is actually halting the Guillotine attack! I have never seen anything like this before!

Weavile fires an Ice Beam without orders to the open area in Gliscor's pincer, shooting him back and making him fall. His pincer returns to normal, but they were still frozen from the attack. Gliscor smashes the ground, breaking the ice, but he was weak from using the Guillotine attack. Weavile was the same, using almost all of his energy to block that attack.

Weavile isn't going to last much longer,” Rain thought. “I think we need to use one last attack.”

“Well, if it's a one hit wonder you want, then you got it!” Kodou replied.

They both nod as their Pokemon prepare to get this battle overwith.

“X-Scissor,” Kodou ordered.

“Metal Claw,” Rain said.

“ATTACK!!!!”

They both charge with their respective attacks and strike each other. Neither of them moved after that, and neither of them went down. Weavile falls to his knees, scaring Rain, thinking he's lost, but Gliscor smiles at him, falling soon after. Gliscor lands face first into the ground, unable to battle. The official wanted to really be sure he was KOed before he made the call.

“Gliscor is unable to battle!” the official said, raising his green flag to Rain's side. “Weavile is the winner! The victory goes to Rain of Twinleaf Town!”

Rain cheers in victory while Weavile lies on his back, knowing that his trainer managed to win the whole thing. Rain looks down at him, smiling.

“You were awesome!” he said.

Weavile slashes him in the face, causing him to scream in pain.

“That was uncalled for!” Rain said.

Weavile just smiles, knowing he doesn't really want to harm Rain...maybe. Kodou walks up to Gliscor as he lifts him up. His Pokemon looks back at him, knowing that he failed to get him his win.

“It's okay,” Kodou said. “You did well.”

Gliscor smiles, knowing that his trainer still thinks he's good for something. Once everything was overwith, they all head back to their respective rooms within the hotel. They all await the winner of the next battle, before Rain decides what to do.

----------------------------------------------------

Rain looks at the ceiling as he lies on the couch, curious about what will happen between him and Ket, should he move on. He has yet to win against him and his Pokemon must be powerful by now. He wonders what he’ll do. Manny suddenly walks in and goes over to Rain.

“Hey,” he said. “Ket just won his battle.”

Rain was even more worried, knowing that Ket moved on to the finals with him. Now these two had to face off against each other and Rain couldn’t do anything to stop it. He sighs as he gets up.

“What’s eating you?” Manny asked.

“I’m nervous…”

“About facing Ket?” Manny asked. Rain nods in response. “Don’t worry about him. As long as you believe in yourself and your Pokemon, you’ll beat that jerk.”

“But that’s the problem. He has more experience than me! I’m worried that I’ll lose.”

They soon hear a knock on the door, leaving them to wonder who it could be. Manny opens the door, but once he sees who was on the other end. He falls on his butt and freaks out.

“Y-y-y-y-you!!!” he stuttered. “K-k-k-k-k-k-KOSUI!!!!”

It was none other than Kosui Arano, the father of Ketsui Arano. Rain was surprised that he was here, but Donovan was furious that he’d show his face to them. He attempts to pull out his revolver, but Kosui stops him.

“Don’t bother,” he said. “I’m not in any position to hurt you.”

They all wonder what he meant by that, considering he’s a leader of the mafia.

“All I want is to talk to young Rain,” Kosui said. “It’s about my son.”

“Ket?” Rain asked.

“Is that what you call him? Anyway, this is really important. I didn’t want to tell anyone, but I figured that you seem to have the closest relation to him. After all, you brought my son out if his unconsciousness. Or at least, you asked for it.”

Kosui comes in and explains his story. He began by talking about Ket’s past, and how he wasn’t as much of a jerk as he was today. He also explains about how much he cared for his old Sneasel, as well as his own partners within the mafia, who treat him like family, and it wasn’t because he was the boss’s son.

“I’m surprised that Ket actually cares for people other than himself,” Manny said.

“So what made him change?” Rain asked.

“Well, it was a long time ago. He was expelled from his school because his Sneasel attacked humans without orders. In their school, you need to learn to control your Pokemon and teach it to attack under their orders. Normally it’s a detention offense, but since Ket was a member of the mafia, the principal thought it was the perfect opportunity for payback. And once Ket grabbed his things, he saw his Sneasel, dead within his locker!”

Jessica gasps in shock, finding it unbelievable that someone would do such a thing. Rain and Manny were both appalled as well.

“So you see, my son wasn’t as bad as you make him out to be. It’s the pain of rejection that makes him so miserable. Ironically, he won’t have any due to his attitude, but this is where you come in. I want you to have Ketsui understand that you are his equal.”

“You mean...beat him in the finals?” Rain asked.

“Exactly. And I’m not saying this for a change of heart. There’s something about Ketsui that I really don’t want to discuss. All I ask of you is to defeat him, and let me handle things from there.”

Rain had no idea that a mafia boss wanted help Ket see him as an equal, but he didn’t understand why. He had a reason, but why didn’t he want to say anything about that reason. Was he afraid of people calling him weak…or was it something else?

“Why are you asking me this?” Rain asked. “This is so unlike you!”

“I know,” Kosui said. “But I can’t tell you.”

“WHY NOT?!” Rain shouted.

“Rain, this is Kosui we’re dealing with…” Manny said nervously.

“I don’t care if he’s the president of the universe! I want to know what he’s hiding!”

One of his grunts was tired of his attitude and was ready to pull a gun on him, but Kosui grabs his arm and shakes his head.

“He can say whatever he wants to me,” Kosui said. “Remember, if he dies, this whole plan fails on the ground.”

“But, boss!” the grunt said.

“Put your gun away.”

The grunt sighs, while Kosui sighs as well.

“I know you’re desperate for information,” Kosui said, “but there’s a reason why I can’t say anything at all. You have to understand. If you beat him, I promise that I’ll tell you everything you need to know. Right now, I need your help.”

Rain wanted to get information about why Kosui even wants his help. He didn’t understand any of this, but whatever it was, it must have really forced Kosui to do this.

“Sorry, but we don’t trust jerks like-“ Manny said, before Rain stops him.

“Manny,” he said. “This is my decision...I’ll accept, but I need to know why you’re doing this.”

Kosui sighs, know that he’ll stop at nothing to get what he wants.

“Giratina,” he said.

Rain was surprised to hear Giratina’s name again. He was even more surprised to see that Ket was still involved with that mysterious Pokemon.

“That’s all I’ll say,” Kosui said. “I thank you for your help. I know you want reasons, but right now, they’re a secret.”

He gets up and turns to the door and begins to walk out.

“Let’s go,” he said.

They all head out while Rain had more pressure on him thanks to Kosui. He didn’t want to face Ket at all, and knowing that between Marley’s information and Kosui’s help, he had to do something about this. He gets up and walks outside, while Jessica follows him. Manny and Donovan were both worried about what’ll happen to him now.

Once Rain and Jessica were outside, they go near the lake to reflect themselves and how far they’ve gotten in their respective leagues. Both of them seem to be in the same position: two people they hate so much and having them as their final opponent. Rain now knew what Jessica felt when she had to face off against Mr. Muto.

“Rain,” she said. “If you want…I could help train you for your battle…if that’s all right with you.”

Rain knew he had to face off eventually, but he wonders if he’ll do any better. If Jessica could take out Mr. Muto, then Rain could take Ket on as well.

“You know…We’re a lot like each other,” Rain said. “We both have people that we’re nervous to fight…not to mention we were both novices in our own careers.”

Jessica smiles in response. She lets her Finneon out to swim around, while she sits near the water to play with her.

“What do you say?” Rain asked. “Want to have that battle?”

“Sure,” she said.

Rain takes out his Drifblim and proceeds with their battle against Jessica and her Finneon. Manny was outside watching them battle, while thinking about Kosui and his offer for him.

“I don’t get why Kosui even asked to help,” Manny asked.

“You seem to hate him for no reason other than the fact that he’s a mafia boss,” Manny said.

“Oh, I have a reason. He nearly destroyed my family.”

Donovan wonders what Kosui has to do with his past, but Manny was more than willing to tell him.

“When I was twelve…my mother decided to sign up with a nearby bank to have money for their flower business. Little did she know that it was owned by the mafia, and since they had every power in their hands, whatever money we made as a family, the more money they got in exchange. My mother caught on, and as a result, our family was on the brink of bankruptcy.”

“So what happened?” Donovan asked. “Rain told me you guys are still around.”

Manny sigh before he continues.

“Kira, with her small-as-a-speck talent, managed to score a recording career with Mr. Muto, who runs a talent search before he became a coordinator. And as much as I despise him for ruining her career the way he did…if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t be traveling at all. Nor would our family have a home to stay in. Our bills run on that business and if it fails, then we’re done.”

Donovan knew now why Manny hates the Arano Family so much. Manny looks down to see Finneon glowing a familiar light, as it transforms into another Pokemon. Her body had a similar color scheme, but the stripes were going around its much rounder body, its eyes were pink and her butterfly wing-like tail was a mere round fin. It’s butterfly wing-like fin was now along its body, with two small pectoral fins on the bottom. Its eyes were an elegant pink, with a very relaxing look to her. Rain was amazed that Jessica managed to get her Finneon to evolve.

"Good work, Jessica!" Rain said. "Lumineon looks amazing!"

Jessica was glad that Finneon evolved into Lumineon. Lumineon swims over to see her trainer and offers her to pet her head. Jessica kneels down and strokes her softly on the head. Rain seems to have a bit more confidence now that he had a battle with Jessica. His battle wasn't until an hour, but he had plenty of time to prepare himself for his battle against Ketsui Arano.

-------------------------------------

Rain and Ket both enter the battling arena to face each other in battle. Rain feared that this day would come, and now he had to brace himself for what he was worth: a strong trainer who can truly become Pokemon Master!

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" the announcer said. "It's time for the final round of the Sinnoh League! We have here today our two finalists. Rain of Twinleaf Town and Ketsui of Eterna City! Only one of these trainers will win the entire league, and have the opportunity to face off against Cynthia, the champion of Sinnoh. The same rules apply as last time! So let's begin the final round of the Sinnoh League!"

The roulette spins around to decide who will send out first. Rain prays that he won't be first, but once it lands on Ket's color, he lets out a sigh of relaxation.

"Fine then," he said. "I hope you're ready, Rain Eidoh, because your career as a trainer is over. Go, Porygon-Z!"

Ket sends out a weird looking Pokemon. It has a round, magenta colored body shaped like a round ellipse with a curved, blue stripe. It also had a strange, blue tail, floating, blue arms and a floating magenta head with a blue nose and yellow eyes with a black ring inside and a pupil in the center. Rain opens his Pokedex to check it out.

"PORYGON-Z: THE VIRTUAL POKEMON; THE EVOLVED FORM ON PORYGON2 BY TRADING WITH A DUBIOUS DISC. WHEN PORYGON2 WAS USED BY SCIENTISTS, IT WAS GIVEN DATA TO MAKE IT MORE EFFICIENT. HOWEVER ONCE THE DATA WAS GIVEN, IT BEGAN TO ACT STRANGE."

The Pokedex said it was a Normal Type, so he had the perfect Pokemon to deal with Porygon-Z.

"Go, Drifblim!" Rain said.

Drifblim was sent out to face Porygon-Z, while Ket was confident that he stood no chance. Rain gulps nervously as he prepares to face his rival in battle.

To Be Continued!

Last edited:

Serious, badarse Gliscor..just what I wanted :D
Blocking Guillotine was all kinds of cool.
I'm surprised Kodou didn't say anything after the battle.
So that's what Kosui wanted eh? I thought it would've been more along the lines of "BEAT MAI SON AND DAI" XD
Finneon evolving was a pleasant shock. I thought Jess' team was done with for the region.
And the awesome battle has begun. For some reason I can see Drifblim going down quick.
Excellent chap

Mistake:
Kosui Arano, the son of Ketsui Arano.
Should be father right?

but I need to know why you’re dong this.”
doing

The last chaps were great....I love league tournaments!

Ket having a Porygon-Z...that I didn`t expect :D

And since we have only a few chaps left....should we expect a Battle Frontier...and will it be in Johto?

And since we have only a few chaps left....should we expect a Battle Frontier...and will it be in Johto?

This whole story was written before the release of Platinum in the US (maybe before Japan...I don't remember when I finished it. =/). At best, the Battle Tower will appear, but that'll be it for this story. The next two will be much shorter.

and if I do show the BF story, it'll be within Sinnoh.

Episode #96: The Bitter Rivalry! (Part 1)

Kosui and his grunts decide to watch the battle between Ket and Rain from a TV screen in the main lobby, while keeping an eye on his own son. He had enough faith in Rain that this would work, but he seems to feel bad for not telling Rain the whole story.

“Are you sure you want to place Ketsui’s life in some kid’s hands?” one of the grunts said.

“He’s not just some kid,” Kosui said. “He’s the kid who, with Dialga, single handedly took down my son’s partner, Palkia. I just pray that Ketsui’s left eye doesn’t react at all. If that eye turns red, then Giratina has full control over my son. I just hope that Rain has enough strength to beat him. After all, Giratina’s power thrives on Ketsui’s anger…I just hope the plan goes well.”

Kosui sighs as he watches the battle go underway. Ket had his Porygon-Z out while Rain had his Drifblim deal with his opponent’s Pokemon. Rain gulps nervously as the battle begins.

“Porygon-Z, use Signal Beam!”

Porygon-Z fires a Multicolored beam resembling tiny, swirling balls that strike Drifblim, but didn’t seem to faze it that much.

“Drifblim, use Gust!” Rain ordered.

“Conversion!” Ket ordered.

Porygon-Z flashes brightly as it withstands the Gust Attack. Rain didn’t know what happened with Porygon.

“Why isn’t Gust working?” Rain asked.

“Because Conversion changes its type to one of its own moves, or it’s opponent’s. Since Flying attacks are weak to whatever my Porygon became, which seems to match Electric, your attack fails.

Rain was impressed by Porygon-Z’s capabilities, but since he changed its type to Electric, then he had an upper hand!

“Use Ominous Wind!” Rain ordered. “Let’s see Porygon-Z try to resist this!”

“Conversion 2!” Ket ordered.

What?! Another one?!

“Porygon-Z shines a bit, while Drifblim unleashes its Ominous Wind attack, but now it has absolutely no effect against Porygon-Z at all!”

“Fire a Zap Cannon!” Ket ordered.

Porygon-Z fires a Zap Cannon that strikes Drifblim and deals a ton of damage to it, sending it to the ground, paralyzed. Ket smiles, ready to finish it off.

“Psybeam!” Ket ordered.

Porygon-Z fires a Psybeam attack that strikes Drifblim hard, knocking out easily.

“Drifblim is unable to battle!” the official said. “Porygon-Z is the winner!”

“Keep your strength up, Porygon-Z, because you have a long battle ahead of you.”

Porygon-Z beeps constantly while Rain tries to think of a way to counter its Conversion and Conversion 2 attacks. Attack that changes its type made it difficult to land an attack on Porygon-Z.

“I need an attack that can affect Porygon-Z no matter what type it turns into, but who do I have that can counter it?”

Rain takes a Pokeball out and wonders if Weavile was a good choice in this occasion. He gulps nervously as he sends him out.

“Go, Weavile!” Rain said.

Weavile comes out, slashing the air as he does so. His face was registered on the screen while Ket just sigh in annoyance.

“When will you learn?” Ket asked.

Rain growls in anger, preparing to show him who’s boss around here.

“Porygon-Z, use Signal Beam!” Ket ordered.

“Dodge it!”

Porygon-Z fires a Signal Beam, while Weavile manages to get himself out of the way.

“Use Ice Beam!” Rain ordered.

Porygon-Z manages to change its type again, resisting the Ice Beam attack. Porygon-Z gives off a creepy giggle, while Weavile was angry with it.

“Dark Pulse!” Rain ordered.

Weavile fires his Dark Pulse attack, while Porygon-Z manages to protect itself again. Rain was getting annoyed with his power.

“Signal Beam!” Ket ordered.

“Ice Beam!” Rain ordered.

Both Pokemon fire their respective attacks, but they both collide with each other, leaving the Ice Beam to freeze the Signal Beam, but not Porygon-Z who fired it.

“Porygon-Z, use Discharge!” Ket ordered.

Porygon-Z fires a Discharge attack at Weavile, which strikes him hard as he falls to his knees. Porygon-Z continues to float around, laughing at him. Weavile gets gets up to face his opponent, while waiting for his trainer’s orders.

I need to get around his Conversion attacks, but how?” Rain thought. “Let’s see...Conversion changes its type to one of its attacks, or its opponents, while Conversion 2 makes it a type that’s resistant to the attack. So maybe...

“Signal Beam!” Ket ordered.

Porygon-Z was preparing another attack, while Rain had to do something, quick.

“Dodge it!” Rain ordered.

Weavile dodges the attack and charges towards Porygon-Z, knowing what his trainer plans to do.

“Weavile, Icy Wind!” Rain ordered.

Weavile strikes with an Icy Wind, which Porygon-Z manages to resist the attack, but Weavile gets close enough to strike it with.

“Revenge!” Rain ordered.

Weavile’s fist charges up with a bright purple energy that slams into Porygon-Z hard. Porygon-Z spins around and tries to regain consciousness.

“Metal Claw!” Rain ordered.

Weavile charges forward with it’s claw glowing brightly and slashes Porygon-Z hard, slamming it to the ground and knocking it out.

“Porygon-Z is unable to battle,” the official said, raising his green flag to Rain’s side. “Weavile is the winner!”

“Way to go, Weavile”! Rain said.

Ket recalls Porygon-Z, as he sighs in annoyance.

“Useless,” he said.

Rain was annoyed that Ket treats his Pokemon like that, but he was ready to show him how to battle hard.

"Go, Yanmega!" Ket said.

Ket sends his Yanmega out to deal with the tricky Weavile, while Rain prepares to take the Ogre Darner Pokemon down.

"Yanmega, use Bug Buzz!" Ket ordered.

Yanmega flutters its wings as it shoots a shockwave that injures Weavile and makes him fall to his knees.

"Slash attack!" Ket ordered.

Yanmega quickly shoots in with a Slash attack and strikes Weavile hard, knocking him out immediately.

"Weavile is unable to battle!" the official said. "Yanmega is the winner!"

Rain was surprised that Weavile was taken out so easily and was unable to land a hit on it. He had to deal with it somehow, but he had to deal with its strength, first.

"Weavile, Return!" Rain said, calling his Weavile back to his Pokeball.

Rain needed to figure out how he was going to handle Yanmega now. He thinks of a way for him to counter its Bug Buzz attack.

“Go, Drapion!” Rain said.

Drapion was sent out to deal with the large Bug Pokemon that stood in his way.

“Yanmega, use Air Slash!” Ket ordered.

Yanmega shoots towards Drapion and slashes him hard, sending him back a bit, but he wasn’t phased even a bit.

“Drapion, use Cross Poison!” Rain ordered.

Drapion charges forward and strikes Yanmega, which causes it to shoot away and circle around him.

“U-Turn!” Ket ordered.

Yanmega shoots at Drapion and strikes it hard, knocking it on its back and warping itself back to its Pokeball.

“Go, Bronzong!” Ket said.

Bronzong comes out, leaving Rain somewhat confused.

“Wait, is he allowed to do that?” Rain asked.

“U-Turn is an attack that allows Yanmega to strike and retreat into his Pokeball," Ket said. "Now that Bronzong’s out, your Poison attacks are useless.”

Rain didn’t see U-Turn coming, so he had to fight a Steel Pokemon. Rain wanted to keep Drapion in, though, since his Dark Type would counter his Psychic type moves.

“Gyro Ball!” Ket ordered.

Bronzong spins around and shoots itself towards Drapion, who slams into him and sends him back.

“Use Pin Missile!” Rain ordered.

Drapion fires numerous spikes that strike Bronzong hard. Bronzong attempts to push itself, but it has no luck.

“Gyro Ball, again!” Ket ordered.

Bronzong spins around and shoots itself towards Drapion. Suddenly, Rain gets an idea on how to deal with that Bronzong.

“Drapion, use Cross Poison!”

Ket thought he was stupid for ordering a Poison move on a Steel Type. Drapion strikes, but instead of damaging it, he shoots it to the ground, making the force of the Gyro Ball damage itself. Ket was amazed that he has the smarts to pull that off.

“Now, use Night Slash!” Drapion strikes it with Night Slash constantly, while it struggles to get up. Bronzong shakes the attack off, leaving both of them tired to continue. Both of them needed one more move, and they were done.

“Night Slash!” Rain ordered.

“Gyro Ball!” Ket ordered.

Both Pokemon shoot themselves towards each other and strike in their most critical points. They were both sent back a lot and were shot to the ground. They try to get up, but both of them were unable to battle!

“Bronzong and Drapion are unable to battle!” the official said.

Rain looks up and sees that Ket was ahead by four Pokemon, while Rain lost three Pokemon already. Rain had no idea that Ket had such strong Pokemon. He really needed this win, but with the strength of Ket’s Pokemon, it was going to be hard to do. He gulps nervously as he prepares to take a ten minute break for losing his third Pokemon.

"Poor, Rain," Jessica said. "Ket is so strong!"

"Yeah,' Donovan said. "He's not going easy on Rain, that's for sure."

Rain goes over to his friends with a worried look on his face.

"Got any ideas?" Manny asked.

"Not really," Rain replied. "As long as Yanmega can use U-Turn, then he'll just switch out his Pokemon and knock out everyone else!"

"Then try and stop him from using that attack."

"How?"

"I don't know, you figure it out."

Rain was somewhat annoyed that Manny didn't help him much, but he decides to go back and have a talk with his Pokemon about what to do next.

"M-Manny?" Jessica said nervously. "Can I borrow your Buneary for a second?"

"What for?" he asked.

Rain was wondering if he'll ever defeat Ket and his team of super strong Pokemon. He only hopes that he can defeat his Pokemon; especially his Infernape, who he knows he'll face eventually. Until then, he needed to figure out where to go from here.

To Be Continued!

Talk about a bad-ass team... if I didn`t knew who was the protagonsit I`d have voted for Ket....

Left eye glowing.....I bet Giratina transplanted a Sharingan in Ket :p XD

Too bad the fic is at an end....you`re one of the few guys who post regulary and the fic has a pokemon realistic on-going plot...

Give us some hints for the next two stories! Are they one-shot?

And one more thing- could you tell me what the XR from the title means? I`m writing a fic myself and I`m having trouble with the title.... Please?

GAHHHHH. The To be Continued made me cringe. XD. I need to stop getting into these league chapters so much.
The whole Giratina thing just got a whole lot more interesting..
I'm glad that Yanmega is still healthy. We get to see it more next chapter.
Ket's team is pretty interesting.
Hehe. I never really knew what conversion(2) did until now since I've never raised a Porygon.
I wonder what Jess wants Buneary for..to try out an appeal perhaps?
Awesome chapter.

Looking forward to next Chapter =)

Episode #97: The Bitter Rivalry! (Part 2)

Rain and Ket continue their battle against each other for the title of Pokemon Master and a shot at battling Cynthia, the current Sinnoh Champion. Manny was nervous about Ket's power, and how this could affect the whole battle between the two.

"Worried about Rain?" Donovan asked.

Manny sighs, knowing that this wasn't an easy thing to watch.

"I'm just worried about what Ketsui's going to do. He has so much experience. Not to mention that if Rain loses now, then it's over for him."

"You just have to have a little faith in him."

"Yeah, I would if his opponent wasn't the biggest scumbag we know."

"Well....since Porygon-Z and Bronzong were seen, I think we have a clear idea of what his remaining Pokemon are."

Manny had a feeling as well. They've already seen Yanmega and what he can do, they know he still has Abomasnow, his Abra was probably still with him (and neither of them would be surprised if it evolved all the way into an Alakazam) and finally his starter, Infernape, which his possibly his strongest overall. Jessica arrives back to the group, but once Manny got a good look at her in her pink cheerleader outfit, along with Buneary, he was absolutely shocked beyond words.

"J-J-JESSICA?!?!?!" Donovan said, just as shocked.

"Like it?" she asked. "I had Riolu dress up, too!"

Riolu was in a black cheering squad outfit with a white bandana over his forehead. Manny was both shocked by Jessica's peppy attitude and Buneary's little "dress up" game. Rain caught one look at her and had the same look as the rest.

"I originally wanted to be a cheerleader once. And now seems like the perfect time to do that!"

"You?" Manny asked. "The most nervous girl ever?"

"I...I just want to...support Rain."

Jessica breaks out of her nervous streak and cheers Rain on, giving a little chant in the process.

"Jessica, I like you, but not THAT much," Rain said to himself.

"Your friend is weird," Ket said.

"Please, if you think this is weird, wait until you mention the Super Pokefriends. She'll go insane!"

"Ladies and gentlemen!" The announcer said. "We're back with our battle between Ketsui and Rain! Rain has three Pokemon in his disposal, while Ket has only four. Now it's time to see which battlefield these trainers will battle on!"

The roulette spins around and chooses an Ice Field. The battlefield changes and turns into an ice covered battleground with numerous frozen rocks.

"Let's see how these two will deal with this unusual arena!"

Since Ket had to go first, he easily decides on who to choose.

"Go, Abomasnow!" Ket said.

Abomasnow comes out to deal with whatever Rain was planning on sending out. He thinks about it carefully and eventually decides on his choice.

"Go, Kirlia!" Rain said.

Rain sends out Kirlia to deal with the massive Abomasnow, while Rain pities him for his choice.

"Abomasnow, use Blizzard!" Ket ordered.

Abomasnow fires a powerful Blizzard that causes Kirlia to slip and fall on the ice and send him back a lot. He slides back from the slippery ice and struggles to get up.

"Kirlia, use Psychic to lift yourself!" Rain ordered.

Kirlia uses Psychic on himself to lift himself up off the ground and position himself on the ice.

"Use Magical Leaf!" Rain ordered.

Kirlia shoots numerous Magical Leaves towards towards Abomasnow, striking it hard and sending it back a bit. Abomasnow roars in anger, while making Kirlia somewhat nervous.

"Use Mist!" Ket ordered.

Abomasnow shrouds itself in a dark mist and covers the whole field with it. Rain could barely see his own Kirlia with that attack. Rain had to figure out something. He looks through his Pokedex to see what kind of attacks Kirlia can use in situations like this.

"Try all you want," Ket said, "but Kirlia will never find a way past this mist! Wood Hammer!"

Kirlia and Rain can both hear Abomasnow's powerful footsteps as it charges towards Kirlia himself. Rain searches through the attacks and sees something that might help them out.

"Dodge the attack!" Rain ordered.

Despite being covered in mist, Kirlia could peer into the future and tell where the attack was coming from. It avoids it safely and prepares for another attack.

"Future Sight!" Rain ordered.

Kirlia create a ball in its hands and makes it explode. Rain was confused as to what just happened, but Kirlira looks at him as if to say "I know what I'm doing, moron."

"Wood Hammer, again!" Ket ordered.

Abomasnow charges towards Kirlia and sends him away, sliding on the ice. Kirlia floats up and above the ice so that he doesn't slip.

"Abomasnow, use Ice Shard!" Ket ordered.

"Magical Leaf!" Rain ordered.

Kirlia shoots numerous Magical Leaves, while Abomasnow fires a number of Ice Shards, both of them collide, while some pass through each other. Those that do pass each other strike their respective opponents hard.

"I think it's time we put an end to this!" Ket said. "Sheer Cold!"

"Oh no!" Rain thought. "KIRLIA, DO SOMETHING!!!!"

Kirlia pauses a little before thinking of what to do. Suddenly, a large ball falls on the field and strikes Abomasnow hard. It falls to the ground as the massive ball of Psychic energy depletes what was left of Abomasnow's energy. It KO's him while Rain was left wondering what happened.

"Abomasnow is unable to battle!" the official said. "Kirlia is the winner!"

Kirlia gives his trainer the thumbs up, leaving Rain to realize what that was.

"That was....Future Sight!" Rain said.

Ket recalls his Abomasnow and sighs at his pitiful power. He takes out another Pokeball and sends out another of his top guys.

"Go, Alakazam!" Ket said.

Ket sends out his Alakazam, a human-like Pokemon with purple body armor on its chest, wrists, and kneecaps. It has a yellow mustache that's curved and it appears to be holding two spoons to use its psychic powers with.

"I knew he'd evolve sooner or later," Rain said to himself.

"Alakazam, use Psycho Cut!" Ket ordered.

Alakazam creates Psychic energy within its spoons and slashes it towards Kirlia, who is struck with the attack as it falls on the ice, sliding towards his trainer.

"Kirlia, use Future Sight!" Rain ordered.

Kirlia creates a ball once more and destroys it like before.

"Alakzam, use Psybeam!" Ket Ordered.

Alakazam fires a Psybeam that strikes Kirlia hard, knocking him out.

"Kirlia is unable to battle!" the official said. "Alakazam is the winner!"

Rain recalls Kirlia and thinks of what to do now. His remaining roster consists of Luxray and Torterra, and neither of the could work well on the icy field. He only wishes that he had more to work with.

"I was going to save him for his Infernape, but..." Rain thought, confirming his choice. "Go, Torterra!"

Rain sends his Torterra out to deal with the strong Alakazam. He roars violently, while Rain wonders what to do now.

"Torterra, use Earthquake!" Rain ordered.

Torterra slams the ground, splitting the entire icy field with his mighty power, but Alakazam was prepared and jumps in the air, floating with its psychic abilities.

"Ground attacks won't work as easy as you think," Ket said. "Psychic!"

"Is he serious?!" Rain thought.

Alakazam attempts to lift him up, but surprisingly, he manages to actually get him off the ground.

"No way!" Rain said in shock.

Torterra struggles to break free, but he has no luck.

"Throw him!" Ket ordered.

"Leaf Storm!" Rain ordered.

Torterra launches a Leaf Storm at Alakazam, throwing it off balance as he strike it hard. Torterra was only thrown a minor two feet, so it didn't affect him much.

"Earthquake!" Rain ordered.

Torterra slams on the ground and strikes Alakazam hard, sending him into the ground, unable to battle.

"Alakazam is unable to battle!" the official said. "Torterra is the winner!"

"We're getting to the end, folks. Since Ket lost his fourth Pokemon, the battlefield will change!"

The roulette spins around to land on the rock field. The field changes so that numerous rocks pop out with a dirt field for them to battle on.

Rain was glad that he had a strong brute like Torterra, on his side, but he was worried about what he'll do with the rest of Ket's Team. Namely, Yanmega and Infernape.

"Go, Yanmega!" Ket said.

Ket sends out his Yanmega to deal with his Torterra, leaving Rain to find out that...

"He's saving Infernape for last," Rain thought. "Torterra, return!"

Rain recalls his Torterra and prepares to use his strongest to take out Yanmega.

"I know he won't use U-Turn, so..." Rain thought. "Go, Luxray!"

Rain sends his Luxray out, registering all six of his Pokemon on screen before Ket. Rain gulps nervously, wishing to end this battle immediately.

"Yanmega, use Buz Buzz!" Ket ordered.

Yanmega unleashes a powerful Bug Buzz that damages Luxray as he tries to bear the attack.

"Now, use Air Slash!" Ket ordered.

Rain waited for Yanmega to get as close as possible before he lets his Luxray unleash his Discharge. Rain sees Yanmega speeding like lightning, which gave Rain the OK.

"Discharge!" Rain ordered.

Luxray was struck by the Air Slash, but he lets loose a Discharge to strike Yanmega hard. Yanmega floats about and gains some distance away from Luxray.

"Use Ancient Power!" Ket ordered.

Yanmega lifts the rocks around it and shoots them towards Luxray, striking him hard. Luxray slowly gets up, though he was weaker than before. Yanmega, despite the rest it got from the break, was worn out already.

"You will not faint while I'm here!" Ket said. "Use Bug Buzz!"

Yanmega releases a Bug Buzz attack that does a heavy amount of damage to Luxray, who can't seem to get a chance to avoid the attack. Rain was worried about what to do now. He tries to think of a way out of this, but what could he do?

"As long as I have Bug Buzz, your Luxray can't escape."

Rain needed a way to defeat that Yanmega, but he didn't know what to do.

"Bug Bite!" Ket ordered.

Yanmega charges forward, while Rain gets an idea.

"Dodge it!" Rain ordered.

Luxray successfully dodges as planned, leaving Yanmega to fly away.

"Air Slash!" Ket ordered.

"Dodge and use Thunder Fang!" Rain ordered.

Yanmega slashes Luxray and knocks it back a little, failing to dodge, but Luxray leaps back and pounces on Yanmega, Biting on Yanmega and shocking him.

"Bug Buzz!" Ket ordered.

Yanmega buzzes loudly, hurting Luxray a lot. Rain felt bad for putting him in such a hard position, but he had to knock out Yanmega somehow.

"Use all of your strength to swing him across!"

Luxray gets up and spins around, swinging Yanmega along with it. Luxray then lets go of it and smacks it with an Iron Tail like a Baseball to its bat. Yanmega flies across and slams into a wall, knocked out at last. Luxray couldn't take it anymore and falls as well.

"Yanmega and Luxray are both unable to battle!" the official said.

Rain gulps nervously, since he knows what's coming. Infernape and Torterra, their two starter Pokemon, were to battle it out for the title of Pokemon Master.

"So it's finally come, huh?" Manny said.

"Infernape vs. Torterra," Donovan replied. "This should end up interesting."

Jessica, Buneary and Riolu continue to cheer for her friend. Rain was nervous about how this was going to end up.

"Infernape seems to be a fast and powerful Fire Type," Rain thought. "But Torterra is not only weak to Infernape...but Torterra is both huge and slow! I don't know how he can last!"

Rain was nervous about what to do now, due to Infernape's advantage, but he had to defeat him now or never. Ket takes out Infernape's Pokeball and prepares to defeat Rain once and for all.

"Go, Infernape!" Ket said.

Infernape jumps out of his Pokeballs and rolls onto the field and into a kneeling position. Rain gulps once more, knowing that he had to win no matter what.

"Go, Torterra!" Rain said.

Rain sends out his Torterra once more. Infernape looks up at the mighty Torterra, who towers over him, but he wasn't impressed. He was more than ready to take out his opponent Grass Type.

"Infernape, use Flare Blitz!" Ket ordered.

Infernape charges his body with fire as he charges towards Torterra, slamming into him and setting him on fire. Torterra moves back and tries to hold on.

"Fire Spin!" Ket ordered.

Infernape shoots a spiral of fire from his mouth as it surrounds Torterra, who was too nervous to break free. Rain was frozen stiff so much that he couldn't do anything at all!

"Close Combat!" Ket ordered.

Infernape charges towards Torterra as it repeatedly strikes him hard.

"Infernape's way too fast!" Rain thought. "I'll never catch up with him!"

Torterra looks back at him, wondering what he was thinking about right now.

"End this farce with Flare Blitz!" Ket ordered.

Infernape jumps back and attempts to shoot himself towards Torterra, but he strikes Infernape hard with a Wood Hammer attack, throwing him back and using Earthquake to strike him for some major damage. Rain was surprised at what Torterra just did. Torterra calls out to him in his language, trying to get his attention, but Rain already knew what he wanted.

"I was afraid...of Infernape," Rain thought. "I completely let Torterra down. I let him take control of the battle...while I simply just watched while Infernape attacked..."

Rain felt guilty both as a trainer and as a friend. He didn't want to have Torterra lose because of him, which he thought was the reason why Torterra attacked on his own accord. Rain wipes some of his tears and prepares to defeat his rival once and for all.

"Let's do this, partner!" Rain said.

“Torterra!” he replied.

Ket was annoyed that Rain and his Pokemon were both willing to go through with this.

“Suit yourself,” Ket said. “Flare Blitz!”

Infernape charges itself and goes towards Torterra, who prepares to take him out.

“Torterra, use Wood Hammer and Earthquake combined!” Rain ordered.

Torterra slams on top of Infernape and smashes him into the ground. Infernape was wiped, but he still had enough strength to keep moving. Infernape sets himself on fire and jumps off of his opponent. Torterra falls from Infernape’s attack, but he manages to get up and ready himself once more.

“Torterra, use Leaf Storm!” Rain ordered.

Torterra shoots a whirlwind of leaves that strike Infernape hard. Ket was tired of this and wanted to end the battle right now.

“Flare Blitz again!” Ket ordered.

Infernape sets himself on fire and charges towards Torterra, slamming him hard and knocking him back, almost knocking Rain over. Infernape feels a bit of pain from the attack and falls to his knees.

This kid,” Ket thought. “How can he be as good as I am?! When we fought at Sandgem Town...he barely put up a fight...but now...we’re down to our last Pokemon! Is he...Is he really...

“Hey, Ketsui!” Rain said. Ket looks at him, surprised that he actually called him by his real first name. “Get ready for our special attack! Solarbeam, Torterra!”

“Oh yeah, two can play at that game!” Ket snapped. “Infernape, use Overheat!”

Torterra prepares to take in sunlight while Infernape charges his fire power. Both of them fire their respective beams as they collide against each other. The two attacks begin to combine into a huge ball that explodes, sending them back and creating a huge cloud of smoke. Ket and Rain, as well as the rest of the audience, couldn’t see a thing. The smoke finally clears as he sees something that he thought was unbelievable...

To Be Continued!

Oh, and if you're wondering what XR means, it means X Revolution. It's part of my series, Pokemon X (No relation to the web comic). XR is pretty much a sequel, however reading this out of order compared to the first half won't affect things too much. I just started with this since we were all still in the Diamond and Pearl mood back then. I might post the earlier saga someday, but for now, let me get this out of the way. =P

O Lawd. Who wins? Darn, cliffhangers suck..
LMAO @ Jessica. That made my day.
Rain really considers Luxray to be his strongest? :eek:
Yes, more Yanmega action.
Rain panics again with the who "DO SOMETHING" gig. Tsk.
So it comes down to the two starters..intense.
I can't wait to see the end of this match :D

I'm itching for more. lol
This is great! These league battles are getting more and more intense!
The last cliff-hanger reminds me of May and Ash's final battle in the Avanced Generation series.

Just imagine if they tie...

I`ve been thinking-since the fic will end soon, are we going to see this so famous big brother of Rain...

And what happened to Olympus, Zeus is still alive and kicking, isn`t he?

Anyway, great chap... *waves hand* I bet 5 bucks that Rain will win!

Okay, let's try this a second time...

Episode #98: The Championship Brawl!

The smoke finally clears as the two trainers see their Pokemon in something unbelieveable. Infernape was knocked out, while Torterra shoved his head inside his massive shell. Rain was worried, wondering if Torterra was knocked out too, but once he sees Torterra withdraw his head, even though he was completely wiped, he still managed to stay strong.

“Infernape is unable to battle!” the official said. The call surprised both Ket and Rain, since neither of them could believe what just happened. “Torterra is the winner! The victory goes to Rain of Twinleaf Town!”

Rain was stunned to find out that he actually beat his rival, Ket. He didn’t know what to say. He didn’t even know how to act! He suddenly get all excited and runs towards Torterra, jumping on his shell near his head and hugging him for a job well done.

“You’re amazing, Torterra!” Rain said happily.

“Torterra!” he replied.

Ket was angry that such a kid like Rain actually beat him in battle. He recalls his Infernape and storms off into the locker room while Rain was worried about what happened. He won, but he felt like he didn’t accomplish what Kosui wanted him to do. As Ket continues through to the locker room, he sees his father waiting for him. The sight of his face in the Sinnoh League surprised him; he never assumed that he would show up here of all places.

“Dad?” he said.

“What’s wrong?” Kosui asked. “Can’t take a win against someone stronger than you?!”

Ket didn’t know what to say. He just never expected Rain to beat him like that, and from a clear disadvantage, no less.

“Rain is a good trainer,” Kosui began. “He beat you fair and square. Why can’t you see that?”

“HE’S NOTHING TO ME!” Ket shouted. “HE’S JUST A…”

“THAT’S ENOUGH!!!! Shut up and listen to me before you make yourself more of a fool. That kid isn’t weak. Sure he lost to you twice, but think about why he beat you all of this time. He has something you don’t!”

Even though Kosui demands the answer out of him, he knew what he meant by this “something.”

“He has trust between his Pokemon…while you seem to focus on strength from the start. Your Infernape was once my Chimchar that I raised on my own. Even though you got him from me on your tenth birthday, he was trained and prepped under my training. I’m strong…because I believe in he same path as Rain. Even though I care nothing for other Pokemon, I still know the way to be a powerful trainer that some fail to see. It’s strange…but if I want to be strong, I have to focus on them rather than their brute power.”

Rain suddenly comes by and pauses for a bit. He was a little embarrassed that he interrupted their discussion and was about to walk away, until…

“Rain,” Kosui said. Rain nervously turns around, wondering what he wants. “My son wants to say something to you.”

Ket paused for a bit, and sighs before he begins.

“Rain,” Ket began. “I….You won fair and square…And…Good luck with Cynthia.”

“Wow,” Rain said, somewhat impressed at his kind nature. “That’s…thoughtful.”

“Yeah, well…I know I acted like a jerk when I lost, but I still don’t think we should be friends. Sorry, dad, but I’m not that senile.”

“I just want you to see him as an equal. I know what happened between you and Giratina and I want to stop it.”

Ket didn’t want Rain to find out about him and Giratina, but knowing his father, he already found out.

“Now let’s go…we have to head back,” Kosui said.

“Can I stay here and watch?” Ket asked. “I want to at least see the outcome.”

Rain smiles, knowing he had high hopes for him after all. Ket didn’t see it like that, but at least he considers him a worthy opponent…at least, Rain and Kosui think so. Rain says his goodbyes to both of them and heads off to the main lobby to wait for everyone else. Ket walks off to find a seat in the stands and waits for Rain’s battle to commence.

---------------------------------------------

Rain searches throughout the main lobby, looking for any sign of his friends. He didn’t see anyone nearby, but he was suddenly hugged by Kodou, who was happy that he beat his rival, Ket.

“Rain, you’re just too amazing!” he said. “I wish I had as much strength as you!”

Tsurugi and Marley come by to see Rain, who were both willing to congratulate him on his victory.

“Yeah, you were amazing out there!” Marley said. “I didn’t think you had it in you!”

“Now you just have to beat Cynthia,” Tsurugi said. “And I hear she’s a strong one. Especially with her top Pokemon.”

“Her top Pokemon?” Rain asked.

Tsurugi keeps himself silent, waiting for Rain to figure it out himself once the battle begins. He sees Manny running towards him with his Buneary hopping behind him. The two exchange hi-fives before Manny gets him in a proud choke-hold around his neck.

“Man, wiping out Ketsui with your Torterra?!” Manny said. “Boy are you something else!”

“Bun, buneary!” his Buneary said.

Donovan and Jessica arrive to see how he was doing, but before they could respond, Marley gasps in shock.

“It’s…Lucian!” she said.

They all look behind them to see Lucian, a member of the Elite Four and the man who helped him on Fullmoon Island. Rain was surprised to see him again in the Sinnoh League.

“We were expecting you, Rain,” he said. “It’s an honor to see you again.”

Rain suddenly gets a surprise by Flint, another member of the Elite Four and a trainer who’s friends with Volkner, the Sunyshore Gym Leader.

“It’s about time you made it to the championship match!” Flint said. “We all came to see you and wish you the best of luck.”

“Any reason you all came to see me?”

Marley was also surprised to see two more Elite Four members: Aaron and Bertha. All of the Elite Four members were here to see him battle the Champion of Sinnoh.

“It’s mandatory that all Elite Four members monitor the Championship battle,” Aaron said, “since the Champion, Cynthia, watches over all of us and makes sure we’re present when she battles. It’s a league rule.”

“Yes,” Bertha said. “Just think of it as respect for the winner. I don’t think we’ve met before, but I’m Bertha, a Ground Type Elite Four trainer.”

Rain felt that it was nice that all the Elite Four members came to see him like this, but he felt like all the winners of the Sinnoh League got this treatment, and not just him. As a matter of fact, all of them got to meet the Elite Four before the battle begins. Marley goes crazy when she sees Cynthia approach from afar. The Elite Four members salute to her as she goes over to Rain.

“I see you’ve won the Sinnoh League,” she said. “However, before you can be proven as Pokemon Master, you have to beat me first. I have Pokemon of all types, rather than others who specialize in one.”

“I…I’ll look forward to it,” Rain said, nervous as hell.

“Don’t be nervous. I’ll be sure to provide you a great battle. And besides, even if you lose, you’ll still get the trophy for winning the league.”

Rain felt that her words were at least somewhat of a relief. However, he wasn’t afraid of that.

“Cynthia,” Rain said. “Can you do something for me if I win?”

“If you win?” Flint said. “Sorry, but you’ll need more than that!”

“Flint, be nice,” Cynthia said. Flint apologizes. “What is your request?”

Rain looks over at Marley, who still wanted information on Shaymin. Rain gulps nervously, wondering if he’ll ever get such info.

“I know you have something to say about Shaymin,” Rain said.

“Something to say?” she asked. “I know some about her, but I don’t quite follow.”

“Well…my friend over there wants to know all you know about her…so…if I win, can you tell me everything about Shaymin?”

The members of the Elite Four were surprised that he would ask her such a statement, but Cynthia smiles in response.

“I don’t know too much about her. Hardly anyone knows anything about this mysterious Pokemon…however if you win, I’ll tell you what I know.”

“Thank you, Cynthia!” Rain said.

Everyone smiles, while Rain was excited to have this battle with her.

“However, I’ll keep silent if you lose. I don’t have a win clause without one for a loss. Deal?”

“Deal!”

The two shakes hands, while Marley was glad that they made such a deal. Marley now had high hopes for Rain winning this battle. Rain and Cynthia both head off to the main arena, while everyone went their separate ways.

“You think he has what it takes?” Manny asked.

Donovan sighs.

“I hope so,” he replied. “Ketsui was strong, but Cynthia is a Goddess. I hope he’s ready.“

They all head to their seats while the battle was drawing closer than ever. Rain was excited, but Marley was somewhat nervous. She only wishes that she had more strength to battle instead of relying on someone else to help her. Manny just pats her on the back and tells her not to worry, despite his thoughts about Rain. Marley smiles as she awaits the battle that’ll decide her dream’s fate.

-------------------------------------------

Rain and Cynthia were both in the opposite locker rooms, waiting for the battle to commence. The Elite Four members were all positioned in special seats below the stands, where they could watch their Champion battle. Rain was nervous, since this was the only chance he had to face off aganst Cynthia, but he had some doubts. He looks at Torterra’s Pokeball and reminds himself of what happened the last time he was scared. His own Pokemon attacked without orders, just to save his butt from Infernape’s Power. Rain had to give it all he got, before his mistake comes back to bite him. The announcer prepares to kick things off while Rain gets up with all of his Pokemon on his belt inside their Pokeballs.

I never thought I’d get this far,” Rain thought. “From my loss against Ket…my loss against Roark even…I thought I wouldn’t get as far as I did. But now, I know I can do this!

The announcer begins to introduce Rain as he walks out to the main field.

“The only thing I hope for…is that my Pokemon perform to the best of their abilities. Losing is not an option!”

Rain makes it out onto the field as he was showered with cheers by the fans. They were all excited for this final match, and so was Rain. Even the rest of the Elite Four applauded for him. Rain waves to the crowd in response, stepping onto his side of the field.

“Now, it’s time to meet Sinnoh’s Regional Champion!” the announder said. “She’s considered to be the Goddess of Sinnoh! She’s a trainer who uses all sorts of Pokemon to defeat her foes. She is a master trainer. Hailing from Celestic Town, your Regional Champion: Cynthia!”

The fans roar even louder than they did for Rain. Cynthia walks out onto the field with her blond hair flowing as she moves. Rain gulps nervously, knowing that she has such a serious look on her face. He wipes his sweaty forehead as she makes it onto the field. Rain was possibly the most nervous he’s ever been, even to the point where his head was heating from nervousness.

“All right!” the official said. “Since this is a Championship Battle, there will be new rules in place. Six Pokemon will be used like before, however neither trainer is allowed to switch!”

Rain was now stuck between a rock and a hard place when he heard that. Neither trainer switching means that both of them had to fight with what they chose whether they want to or not.

“Furthermore, the field will only change twice; once when the battle begins and once after our break. Other than that, it’s the same rules as you’re normally used to. Now then, let the Championship Battle, BEGIN!!!!!”

“Let’s rock, Roserade!” Cynthia said.

Cynthia sends out her Roserade, who crosses her Bouquet-like arms elegantly. She slowly opens her eyes and quickly uncrosses her arms, preparing herself for battle.

“Go, Kirlia!” Rain said.

Rain sends Kirlia out to deal with Roserade. Cynthia smiles, knowing she’ll get an exciting battle.

“If you want to make her beautiful, you should evolve her into a Gardevoir,” Cynthia said.

“She’s a he,” Rain said.

“Oh, my apologies.”

Rain wonders if that was an insult. It didn’t matter, since Rain was going to beat Roserade anyway.

“Kirlia, use Psychic!” Rain said.

Kirlia places his hands in front of him and uses a Psychic attack to lift Roserade, but it doesn’t seem to do much to her at all. Kirlia can lift her, but she seems to be smiling in response.

“Weather Ball!” Cynthia ordered.

Roserade shoots a clear ball of energy at Kirlia, knocking her back and onto the ground.

"Magical Leaf!" Cynthia ordered.

Roserade shoots numerous rainbow-colored leaves at him, damaging him while he remains on the ground.

"Kirlia, use Teleport!" Rain ordered.

Kirlia teleports away and appears in different locations each time. Roserade was confused as to where he was going to appear.

"Roserade, focus!" Cynthia ordered.

Roserade closes her eyes, focusing on Kirlia's location.

"Magical Leaf!" Rain ordered.

Kirlia goes above her and unleashes a Magical Leaf that shoots down towards Roserade, but misses her as she jumps out of the way. The two were amazed at her quick reaction, but they needed to do something, quick.

“Roserade, use Energy Ball!” Cynthia ordered.

Roserade powers a green, swirling ball that strikes Kirlia hard, sending him to the ground and making him weak. Rain knew she would be tough, but Roserade seems too good for him.

“Roserade, use Energy Ball, once more!” Cynthia ordered.

Roserade fires an Energy Ball that shoots towards Kirlia, but he gets up and sees it coming.

“Psychic!” Rain said.

Kirlia hold his hands out and stops the Energy Ball in place. Kirlia smiles, knowing that she’s done for.

“Teleport and strike!” Rain ordered.

Kirlia teleports and shoots the Energy Ball at Roserade, knocking her aside. Roserade slowly gets up, but she was too weak to do it.

“Now, Kirlia!” Rain said. “Use Psychic to launch her!”

Kirlia uses Psychic once more, lifting Roserade and launching her away.

“SolarBeam!” Cynthia ordered.

Roserade places her arms out and launches a powerful beam that strikes Kirlia hard. Kirlia was sent to the opposite wall of Roserade. Both of them crash into their respective walls and knock themselves out.

“Kirlia and Roserade are unable to battle!”

“Where there’s sun, there’s power for Roserade,” Cynthia said.

Rain recalls his Kirlia, while Cynthia recalls Roserade. Rain wonders what Cynthia will send out now, and if he’ll be able to beat it.

“Go, Gastrodon!” she said.

Cynthia sends out Gastrodon to battle Rain’s next Pokemon. Unlike Tsurugi’s Gastrodon, Cynthia’s was different. It was a brown and pink in color with horns sticking up and lumps on its back. Rain thinks carefully and decides on his choice.

“Go, Torterra!” Rain said.

Rain sends Torterra out to deal with Gastrodon, but Cynthia smiles, knowing that this isn’t all he has up his sleeve.

“Gastrodon, use Muddy Water!” Cynthia ordered.

“Leaf Storm!” Rain ordered.

Torterra launches a Leaf Storm, but Gastrodon shoots a heavy, dirty stream of water from its mouth, striking the leaves and pushing them away. The attack hits Torterra as he’s pummeled with dirty water from Gastrodon.

“Use Yawn!” Cynthia ordered.

Gastrodon opens its mouth to release a large, pink bubble that floats towards Torterra, who gets up to prepare another attack, but once the bubble hits Torterra, he begins to feel drowsy.

“Torterra?” Rain asked.

Torterra wobbles a bit, but falls down and goes to sleep. Rain didn't know what was going on.

"Yawn can send even a giant to the ground," Cynthia said. "Now, he's just sleeping like a baby...a really ugly baby, that is."

"DON'T CALL TORTERRA UGLY!!!!"

Rain knew that Torterra was stuck in a deep sleep and now he had to find a way to beat Gastrodon. Rain attempts to recall Torterra, but the official stops him.

"Hold it!" he said. "If you recall your Torterra, you will be disqualified!"

"Right," Rain thought. "I forgot about the no substitution rule."

Rain places Torterra's Pokeball on his belt and thinks about what to do.

"Gastrodon, use Mud Bomb as much as possible!" Cynthia ordered.

Gastrodon fires numerous Mud Bombs at Torterra, striking it hard and making it cringe. Torterra wasn't waking up, though. The numerous attacks were dealing a lot of damage, and each one was adding up.

"Torterra, please wake up!" Rain shouted.

"Ice Beam!" Cynthia ordered.

Gastrodon fires an Ice Beam, striking Torterra hard and freezing it for all except the tree on his back. Rain fears that he'll lose Torterra, his strongest Pokemon, already! Both of them were surprised to see his tree glowing with light. Rain knew he was attracting sunlight, but neither of them knew how this was possible.

"It's....it can't be!" Cynthia said. "How is this possible!"

Torterra fires the beam of sunlight from its mouth, shattering the ice, striking Gastrodon and slamming it against a nearby wall, destroying most of the wall completely. The beam ceases and Gastrodon falls to the ground, unable to battle.

"Gastrodon is unable to battle!" the official said. "Torterra is the winner!"

Torterra was weakened by both the barrage, the ice and the use of SolarBeam, but he was more than willing to hold on for his trainer's sake

"I knew it from your battle with Ketsui Arano," Cynthia began. "Your Torterra has a strong will to win that it'll do anything to get what it wants. However, it's more than weak enough for me to deal with it in one shot. So get ready, because your strongest is going down!"

Cynthia takes out another Pokeball and prepares to deal with Rain's Torterra.

"Go, Spiritomb!" Cynthia said.

Spiritomb comes out with a creepy grin that scares Jessica completely.

"You still remember that event, huh?" Manny asked.

"What event?" Donovan asked.

"A Spiritomb that she caught attacked her, but from the looks of things, it's under control."

Jessica was scared, despite that fact, but Rain still had bad memories about the event, too. Rain was witnessing the power of Cynthia's Pokemon and since Spiritomb was a strong Pokemon when they first met, it is unknown how strong it's become now.

To Be Continued!

I would have gotten this up earlier but...you know.

ooh very good story, i just started reading but i like it very much

This is great! I can't wait for the rest of this battle. Cynthia is epic!

So Rain did it! Awesome.
So Ket finally admits the Rain is strong
Lol @ the senile comment though
Noo, Torterra is gonna be out of the match earlyyy *Sniff*
But the mtch is going great. I can't wait until the next chapter.

Last edited:

Yup, Rain won, I want five bucks... :D

And they didn`t gave him at least some time to treat his pokemon at the Poekmon Center? Cynthia sure isn`t the mots noble battler in this fic... And she called Torterra ugly? :mad:

But nah, Rain`ll probably just kick her butt....

Episode #99: The Ultimate Battle of The Sinnoh League!

Spiritomb laughs at the weakened Torterra, who still struggles to stand up. Rain was left with few options, and was disappointed that his strongest had to go down this early.

"Good luck trying to get Torterra to win!" Cynthia said.

"Torterra, use Leaf Storm!" Rain ordered.

Torterra fires a Leaf Storm attack, but Spiritomb sucks himself into the keystone and avoids the attack. Spiritomb jumps forward, leaving Torterra to move back a lot.

"Spiritomb, use Dark Pulse!"

Spiritomb fires a Dark Pulse that strikes Torterra as he's pushed back.

"Torterra, Wood Hammer!" Rain ordered.

Torterra slams Spiritomb's keystone hard, making it shake in pain.

"Shadow Sneak!" Cynthia ordered.

Spiritomb's Shadow Sneak covers most of Torterra's face and sucks what little life he has left. Torterra slowly falls to the ground, unable to battle, while Spiritomb jumps back, free from Torterra's leg.

"Torterra is unable to battle!" the official said, "Spiritomb is the winner!"

Rain recalls Torterra back to his Pokeball and thinks of what to do now. He takes out another Pokeball and decides on who to use in this situation.

Go, Drifblim!" Rain said.

Rain sends his Drifblim out to deal with the Ghost Type, Spiritomb. Rain figured that if he battles a Ghost Type with a Ghost Type of his own, he might stand a chance.

"Rain picked a smart choice, huh?" Jessica asked.

"More like a foolish choice," Manny said. "Don't forget, Spiritomb is a Ghost Type and a Dark Type. That gives it no weaknesses whatsoever! Not to mention that it takes less damage from Ghost attacks than Drifblim, which in reality would give Drifblim a disadvantage despite the matchup."

Cynthia knew of Rain's error and decides to take full advantage of it.

"Spiritomb, use Shadow Ball!" Cynthia ordered.

Spiritomg launches a Shadow Ball towards Drifblim, which it successfully dodges.

"Now, use Ominous Wind!" Rain ordered.

Drifblim spins around, but it wasn't as affected as it should be. Cynthia simply smiles, knowing what it has to do now.

"Spiritomb, charge forward!"

Spiritomb jumps forward and goes after Spiritomb despite the wind pushing against it. Spiritomb, however, falls down. Cynthia was surprised that this happened, but she seems to realize that Torterra's Wood Hammer must have done this. She had no idea that the attack did so much to it.

"Shadow Ball!" Rain ordered.

Drifblim fires a Shadow Ball that strikes Spiritomb, damaging it hard.

"Now, use Payback!" Rain ordered.

Drifblim powers its fist up and strikes Spiritomb hard, knocking it away, forcing it to seep inside its keystone, unable to battle.

"Spiritomb is unable to battle!" the official said. "Drifblim is the winner!"

"This is turning out to be quite the show!" the announcer said. "With three of Cynthia's Pokemon out, we'll take a quick break before we resume!"

Rain sighs as he goes over to his friends, while Cynthia walks over to where the rest of the Elite Four were sitting.

"Tough match, huh?" Flint said, jokingly.

"I had no idea that he was such a strong kid," Cynthia said. "I knew he was related to Kaze Eidoh, but...I'm just impressed."

"Don't worry about it," Aaron said. "You'll beat him."

Cynthia sighs, annoyed by Aaron's comment.

"Cynthia wasn't able to defeat Kaze," Bertha said. "Kaze was strong, him and his Staraptor!"

"Kaze was more than just strong...but I wonder if Rain shares his blood for battle as well."

Cynthia goes back onto the field as she awaits the start of the second half, but she was curious as to how Rain will fair against her other Pokemon, especially her Garchomp. Minutes pass and the second half was ready to begin. Both of them make it onto the battlefield as they begin the second half.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for the second and final half of the Sinnoh League Championship Round! Rain is in the lead with four Pokemon, while Cynthia has only three. Knowing the Champion, she has a bit of a trick up her sleeve!"

The roulette randomly spins around until it lands on the grass field. The arena changes so that the rock field lowers and the grass field comes up. Rain couldn't give up, not this time. The field is set and they are both ready to go!

"Go, Lucario!" Cynthia said.

Lucario is sent out, as it rests on one knee, bringing itself up to both feet and getting into a fighting stance. Rain gulps nervously yet again and takes out Drifblim's Pokeball to deal with Lucario.

"Go, Drifblim!" Rain said.

Drifblim comes out once more. This time, Rain had a clear advantage, but Cynthia smiles, knowing that he's not fully safe yet.

"Lucario, use Metal Claw!" Cynthia ordered.

"Ominous Wind!" Rain ordered.

Drifblim spins around with a mysterious wind pushing against Lucario, but that wasn't enough to stop him. He charges forward and strikes Drifblim with a Metal Claw.

"Now, use Dark Pulse!" Cynthia ordered.

Lucario fires a Dark Pulse that explodes on Drifblim and knocks it out instantly, to Rain's surprise.

"Drifblim is unable to battle!" the official said. "Lucario is the winner!"

Lucario punches twice and gets into another fighting stance. Rain recalls his Drifblim, knowing that this wasn't going to be easy. He takes out another Pokeball and prepares for another go.

"Go, Luxray!" Rain said.

Luxray comes out to deal with Lucario as it roars proudly. Lucario grunts, knowing that this was going to be an easy battle.

"Lucaro, Aura Sphere!" Cynthia ordered.

Lucario fires an Aura Sphere that Luxray successfully dodges. Luxray begins to charge over to Lucario, who prepares to counter.

"Luxray, use Thunder Fang!" Rain ordered.

Luxray leaps up and bites down onto Lucario's hand, shocking him hard, but Lucario wasn't even affected by the attack.

"Lucario, use Force Palm!" Cynthia ordered.

Lucario places his palm near Luxray's face and pushes him way, sending him flying back, but ripping some of the skin off of Lucario as well.

"Aura Sphere!" Cynthia ordered.

Lucario fires an Aura Sphere that strikes Luxray hard. Luxray struggles to get up, but Lucario was already in front of him.

Luxray lets loose a Discharge attack that seems to be affecting Lucario, but not much.

"Lucario, use Bone Rush!" Cynthia ordered.

Lucario jumps back and strikes Luxray with a bone numerous times until he was sent back by the final blow. Rain saw the bone itself as an aura covered bone that Lucario weilds like a long staff. Lucario forces it to dissipate as he prepares for another attack.

'It's going to take more than that to beat us!" Cynthia said. "Close Combat!"

Lucario charges forward as it prepares to strike Luxray, but Rain wasn't going to let it happen.

"Luxray, jump over him!" Rain ordered.

Luxray jumps over Lucario, surprising him and managing to avoid the attack.

"Now, use Iron Tail!" Rain ordered.

Luxray swipes his glowing tail to strike Lucario hard, knocking him aside.

"Oh no you don't!" Cynthia said. "Aura Sphere!"

Both Pokemon fire their respective attacks and strike each other hard. Both of them were heavily affected by the attacks and were sent back due to the force of their attacks. Both of them lay on the ground, struggling to get up, but they both fall to the ground, unable to battle.

"Lucario and Luxray are both unable to battle!" the official said.

Both of them recall their fallen Pokemon, leaving Cynthia to send out her next Pokemon.

"Go, Milotic!" Cynthia said.

Cynthia sends her Milotic out, leaving everyone to be surely aware of what her last Pokemon was.

"She hasn't used Garchomp yet," Donovan said.

"I just hope Rain has the right choice and uses Weavile against Garchomp. After all, it's important to have type advantage."

Rain takes out another Pokeball and gets a confident smiles on his face. Manny fears that he was actually going to use Weavile on Milotic.

"RAIN, DON'T USE HIM!!!!" Manny shouted.

"Go, Drapion!" Rain said.

Rain sends his Drapion out, while Manny was relieved that he made a smart choice and planned to save Weavile for later.

"Glad he has some brains in him," Manny said.

"Even if he were to use Weavile," Donovan began, "it may not make a difference. Remember, Garchomp is her strongest Pokemon. I doubt Rain will have the strength to topple it."

Rain knew who he was up against in the final round, and he was ready to go through with it all the way.

"Milotic, use Hydro Pump!" Cynthia ordered.

Milotic fires a Hydro Pump which Drapion manages to hold on to in defense. He was still being pushed back, despite the powerful force of the Hydro Pump attack.

"Cross Poison!" Rain ordered.

Drapion crosses his arms, breaks out of the Hydrop Pump and goes after Milotic and strikes her hard. She falls to the ground and slowly gets up.

"Poison Fang!" Rain ordered.

"Aqua Tail!" Cynthia ordered.

Drapion jumps towards Milotic, but she brings tail towards Drapion and shoots a stream of water at Drapion, knocking him back as he lands on the ground. He slowly gets up and readies himself once more.

"Pin Missile!" Drapion ordered.

Drapion fires numerous Pin Missiles at Milotic as she tries to brace every one of them.

"Twister!" Cynthia ordered.

Milotic uses her tail to unleash a powerful twister that shoots Drapion across and forces him to skid on the ground. Drapion slowly gets up, while Rain wonders if there was a way to defeat Milotic for good.

"Hydro Pump!" Cynthia ordered.

Drapion successfully dodges and goes after Milotic, maintaining a circle while avoiding the Hydro Pump.

"Use Night Slash!" Rain ordered.

Drapion uses Night Slash to deal with Milotic, striking her hard.

"Now, Cross Poison!" Rain ordered.

Drapion unleashes a Cross Poison, striking Milotic hard and sending her to the ground. Milotic wasn't moving, and Rain thinks that he knocked her out at last.

"Milotic," Cynthia said. "Do it, now!"

Milotic gets up and unleashes a powerful blue and white beam that slams into Drapion hard and sends him flying back. Drapion falls on the ground, unable to battle.

"Drapion is unable to battle!" the official said. "Milotic is the winner!"

"Looks like Weavile's my last hope!" he thought.

Suddenly, Milotic feels a tremendous amount of pain and falls to the ground. She, too, was unable to battle. Cynthia saw it, and knew that she had been poisoned by the Cross Poison attack!

"Milotic is also unable to battle!" the official added to his call.

Both of them knew what was coming next, as did most of the crowd. Cynthia smiles, knowing that she'll have an exciting battle with Rain.

"You're just like your brother," she said. Rain was surprised that she knew of him. "He's the only one who's ever beaten me. In fact, I was locked in a position, just like this. His Staraptor took out my Garchomp with ease. I only hope you share his blood."

"Kaze," Rain thought. "I wonder if she knows about his condition?"

"But now, I expect that you have enough strength in your final Pokemon to deal with my strongest! Go, Garchomp!"

Cynthia sends Garchomp out as it roars violently. Rain knew that he was in for a tough battle, but he felt that Weavile's Ice attacks should hold it off for now.

"It's now or never!" Rain thought. "Go, Weavile!"

Rain sends out his Weavile, who prepares for the last battle in the Sinnoh League. Rain gulps once more, ready to battle against Garchomp.

"Begin!" the official said for the final time.

"Garchomp, use Dragon Claw!" Cynthia ordered.

"Weavile, use Ice Shard!" Rain ordered.

Weavile prepares an Ice Shard attack, but with Garchomp's speed, his foe manages to strike him before he can get a shard out. Weavile falls to the ground with Garchomp pinning him to the ground.

"Don't honestly think you can match Garchomp's speed," Cynthia said. "Dragon Pulse!"

"Garchomp launches a powerful Dragon Pulse attack that strikes Weavile hard. Weavile was in a hard position and couldn't move or react to his opponent's attack.

"Weavile," Rain thought. "I know that you were my final capture, but you have to pull through!"

Weavile was still being hit by Garchomp's powerful Dragon Pulse. Weavile cringes in pain as he somehow manages to force a powerful pulse wave to hit the ground, knocking Garchomp back as he stops the attack. Weavile slowly gets up and prepares to take Garchomp out.

"It happened again!" Rain said. "My Pokemon attacked without my orders...because I froze in fear...Why does that happen to me?"

Rain looks at Garchomp, knowing that he has to take control of Weavile.

"Weavile...are you ready?" Rain asked.

"Weavile!" he replied.

Rain smiles, knowing that he'll be able to win this match if he believes in himself.

"Weavile, use Night Slash!" Rain ordered.

Weavile unleashes a Night Slash that strikes Garchomp hard and sends him back a bit.

"Garchomp, use Sand Tomb!" Cynthia ordered.

Garchomp uses a Sand Tomb attack that drags Weavile into the ground, trapping him so he can't escape.

"Ice Beam, quickly!" Rain ordered.

Weavile launches an Ice Beam just as Garchomp gets in close, freezing him entirely and sending him on the back part of the giant cube he was in. Garchomp breaks free, while Weavile manages to break out of the Sand Tomb. Weavile was seriously weak, while Garchomp was a bit tired, but not as much as its opponent is.

"Weavile, you have to stay strong!" Rain said.

Weavile didn't want to lose to a Garchomp like this, and he really didn't want to lose with his trainer, but he could barely move.

"Garchomp, use Dragon Rush!" Cynthia said.

Garchomp engulfs itself in a blue and white aura as it charges towards Weavile, who was nearly out of it.

"WEAVILE!!!!"

Weavile takes the attack, but something blue explodes from Weavile's mouth. It was another Ice Beam attack, and somehow, it manages to freeze both himself and his opponent together! Weavile manages to break free, but Garchomp wasn't moving. Cynthia fears that this might be it for Garchomp. The official thought it was done for.

"Garchomp is una-"

Garchomp breaks free and prepares to eliminate its opponent once and for all. Garchomp, though, was really weak, since he used a powerful attack like Dragon Rush.

"Weavile, use Metal Claw!" Rain ordered.

Both Pokemon charge after each other and strike each other hard and send each other back. Both of them land on their backs and struggle to get up. Weavile smiles at Garchomp, while Garchomp smiles back. Both Pokemon fall on their backs, unable to battle. Neither Rain nor Cynthia could make out what happened. Even the official was stunned.

"G-Garchomp and Weavile are both unable to battle!" the official said. "This match is a draw!"

"This is truly unbelievable!" the official said. "Rain has actually managed to tie with Cynthia! This is one for the record books, folks! The first trainer to tie with a Champion!"

Rain wonders if he will get Cynthia's information now, since he had to win in order to get info on Shaymin.

"Rain," Cynthia said, going over to her Garchomp. "If you want, I can still give you the information."

Rain's eyes lit up in joy, knowing that his mission was finally completed successfully. Rain was proud that all of his Pokemon managed to succeed in winning against Cynthia, even thought he didn't actually win.

Hours later, Rain was awarded the coveted League Trophy for his victory over Ket and Cynthia. Rain holds it up high as he was proud of himself. He's come a long way since his first adventure, and now he was considered the strongest in Sinnoh according to the Pokemon League! What he'll do now, even he doesn't know!

To Be Continued!

Chapter 100 coming Tuesday =)

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom