• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do your parents/siblings think about Pokemon?

I'm 27 years old. I've been playing Pokemon since I was 17. I don't have my own kids to account for my interest in Pokemon. What do you think people think about me?! :p

I'm 27 years old. I've been playing Pokemon since I was 17. I don't have my own kids to account for my interest in Pokemon. What do you think people think about me?! :p

I think when I'm 27 I'll totally still be playing pokemon. It's awesome like that xD I will force my kids to play it too :)

My mom is neutral,but she buys cards.
My dad just says ''if you like that so much,then there is something good there''.
And my two brothers say ''it's crap.''
And they don't know anything about it.They just say:
-First,a stupid trainer says an attack.Then,the pokemon uses the attack while the background changes to lines of a color,then it shows the other pokemon being damaged.

My parents don't really "get" Pokémon, but they're pretty okay with it I guess. I think they think I'm a little weird anyways. I have two brothers: one couldn't care less about Pokémon or video games, and one plays the Gen I/II games occasionally and copies me all the time so he edits on Bulbapedia too. /eyeroll

Everyone in my house think's Pokémon is adorable. :3 My parents can't get into it as much as me and my brother can, though, lol Though, once, my mom DID try to join Pokémon Crater 0-o; Which was really cool...man, I miss that site :<

And, LOL, Shinx3000, that's some sister you got there. XD Pokémon? a BABY show? What...is this cuz it's 'cute' or something? XDD lol..I gotta laugh. If your sister think's POKEMON is for babies cuz it's 'cute', I strongly suggest she play's Earthbound, which is possably even CUTER (how much, I wouldn't know..maybe not A LOT cuter, but, defenetly cuter, I would think. it's probably a matter of opinion, though.) than Pokémon is. And this is SOO not a baby game. I mean, the kids have PSYCHIC powers, first off. IRL, Psychic/ESP related topics are indeed more of an ADULT topic or at least highschool if anything.

Also, you beat up STRAY DOGS and POLICE OFFICERS in this game. Would you let someone who's like an 8 Month Old who's mind is only affected by EVERYTHING it see's in daily life look at that? No...unless you would like to bring forth a socile OUTLAW. Think about that for a second.

Luckly, babies can't read, pretty much, soo they may not even KNOW what's going on...but, if they COULD read, I doubt they'd develup very well from playing 'cute' video games. Espesally not something like Earthbound, and, also, Earthbound even get's pretty dark later on...seriusly, I could tell you everything but I rather not spoil. And there's flames roaming around. Baby game? Riiight....

Babies are barely old enouth for SPONGEBOB, let alone Pokémon. Pokémon isn't exactly 'violent', but, for a baby, first impressions are EVERYTHING. Maybe a Toddler could watch Pokémon, if well supervised, but, NOT a baby.

Of course, it's also possable you sister is one of those 'preppy' types who simply call's anything she doesn't concider 'cute' enouth for her liking as 'childish'....sadly, they probably aren't all that un-commen. But, luckly, not all girly girls past and way past the age of 13-14 find Pokémon lacking in cuteness (I still think a lot of Pokémon are really cute^^ And i'm kinda girly..lol sort-a, i've never been very into fasion, though. lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents still buy me and my sister the opposite version Pokemon games if we want them (Only the US versions though xD I have to pay to import my JP versions now). And I'm 18, and she's 15 (16 in January). Yeah.

My mom played Pokemon Pinball (Red/Blue) like crazy when I was took dance classes. She also drove me every week to the TCG league.
My Dad taught me how to play the TCG and would probably still play with me if I was bored and asked.
My Sister still likes Pokemon, and still gets the opposite version as I do, yay traditions. We also played a game of the TCG recently since I had bought a deck for kicks.

My parents don't really know many of the Pokemon from Hoenn and Sinnoh, but they don't care that I'm into it. Dare I mention the fact my dad is an actor on the side and nearly got to be Sirius' VA in the dub? (believe me or don't, I don't care) I'm an anime fan and my parents don't mind that. Hell, I've watched Yaoi and Yuri right in front of their faces (watching Kashimashi my dad said "hey is this one of those leasbian animes?" and I was like "yeah, but shut up, I'm watching" xD), my parents are very open minded.

Neither of my parents understand Pokemon nor do they care that I play the games and- sometimes -watch the anime and do other stuff with it. My mom sometimes buys me Pokemon games I want, but only if I specifically delineate which game(s) I want. She can't tell the difference between Ranger and Platinum and PMD Explorers of Engrish Sky.

My sister has some of my older GBA Pokemon games, but she doesn't really understand how to play the game.

my mom thought Pokemon was stupid and only caused seizures after I showed her the Porygon scene. My sister is neutral although she'd prefer if I didn't watch a 'kid' show

My dad told me he wasn't really into it, but he was willing to buy me Pokemon stuff (if he had enough money for them)
My brother, well, I don't know about him. It seems like he likes it one day, but then hates it another day, so it's kinda hard to tell. Though he does like his old Pokemon stuff a lot.

my brother likes it, my mom knows that I like it and she doesn't care. My dad also knows that I like it, and even though he not thrilled with the idea, he doesn't pester us about it too much.

My parents don't see why it's so awesome and my sister only cares about the cute Pokemon.
Oh, and they all pronounce Pokemon as "PokEEEEEEEEEEEEmon."
-_______-

They all think it's pretty cool, since they like the serie. They don't know anything about it, but they like it.

My parents don't see why it's so awesome and my sister only cares about the cute Pokemon.
Oh, and they all pronounce Pokemon as "PokEEEEEEEEEEEEmon."
-_______-

Same situation for me only my parents ridicule me.

My parents think it's kind of childish but don't really mention it unless they're mad at me and want to use it against me. My sister used to like it, but now makes fun of me. And my brother has a mild interest in it.

My mother knows it's a hobby I've had as a kid, And it's at the point where she knows my hobbies won't be changed xD
My dad doesn't mind at all what I do really~ He is the one who provides me with my games x3
My lil bro watches the anime and plays the games also though he's a lazy trainer ^^; He usually gets the opposite version of what I have but he didn't like 5th gen at all >.<
My lil sis has no interest really but doesn't mind it at all, she does like how cute some Pokemon are though :3

My dad is a bigger fan of Pokemon then me at times i have no idea if any of my older brothers even know what it is and my younger brother is into Yu-Gi-Oh so he mocks me for liking Pokemon yes he mocks his 22 year old brother but my dad gave me my first Pokemon game which was Blue version i have it in a case behind me he had Red i think he still has it i am not sure but he has completed the Pokedex in HG and Platinum.

My mom think's they're cute but gets annoyed if we talk about them too much ;)

She...doesn't really hold anything agenst pokemon. She probably even praises it for...well i won't get into that.*cough*

I don't understand why some parents would be too agenst pokemon though. Its cute and not really always too realistic?..

Then again...i kinda understand pokemon a bit TOO much *ahem* lol

My brother is a bit of a fan like I am (and loves the legendaries). He prefers other games like digimon and final fantasy though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom