• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Should GameFreak make a Pokémon game with all regions in it?

Should GameFreak make a Pokémon game with all regions in it?

• Yes

Votes: 67 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 74 52.5%

• Total voters
It would be wiser to save this for an anniversary celebration of the franchise or when GF is preparing to discontinue it.

Ah.... the unavoidable pokemon reboot.... when it happens, we'll flock back to digimon...

If GF changes the concept completely, which I doubt, then this would be the opening Akiyoshi Hongō has been waiting for. The series is making a slow comeback here in the United States with Digimon Fusion being aired on a popular network alongside the first and second season. Thankfully they hired a new artist to clean up not just the characters' design but animation and brightening the color scheme. It was long over due!

I've always supported this concept. I think it could work out pretty well if you had to progress through each region similar to the way the Gen 2 games and their remakes were.

I played a Pokemon ROM hack like a year ago with this concept, it got extremely boring when i was in the middle of fighting the gym leaders of the second region, the game was beggining to drag and also started to become a mess so making a game with all regions in it would be extremely hard to pull it off, so in my opinion no Gamefreak shouldn't make a game with all regions in it.

Last edited:
The Next Pokemon Game

Well, XY has been out for almost 4 months, and has anyone been thinking about sequels? Any predictions about the plot/name? I think that it would be obviously Pokemon Z for Zygarde, or they could do X2 and Y2. Would there be a timeskip? What do you guys think? :uhoh:

over leveling is a non issue. people like to think that to make an excuse to not make this happen. but after say gen 3 make all gym leaders pokemon be level 100 but have strong ai to cope with the even levels

That would be awesome to close the series, because now they are only milking for profit.

Why wouldn't they just release the game slowly, selling expansions to a base game, charging, say, 20 bucks a expansion? They'd make money like that, and if they charged like 20 bucks a pop, then 8 expansions would yeild 160 bucks for them? They would release new plots, new guilds, new engines, and make tons of money. Please criticize if you disagree.

Yes. They should. But not now, and not anytime soon, and ESPECIALLY not on any Nintendo system. I would like to see this sometime, someday, but first, Nintendo needs to get their crap together and start working on another series besides the Wii U and f'king Mario. Like GastlyGibus said, Elder Scrolls Online has managed to pull off a giant world and hold people's attention. Of course, even in TES Online, you don't have full access to every province in Tamriel...

Anyways, I've always imagined what Pokemon could be like in a Skyrim-like setting, where join up with groups and associations, have "main quests" where big-time story stuff happens (i.e. the gym battles, Championship, legendaries, and bad guy teams), then just random side quests, like delivering stuff or catching a certain Pokemon. Yes, yes, the games already do stuff like that... but like I said, Skyrim-like. One major decision can close off opportunities and open others. Let it be more open-ended, let there be options besides a yes/no, and let those answers have consequences! Don't make it so that there's only one right answer each time, so that they'll just keep asking until you choose the right answer. (Prof. Rowan, I'm lookin' right at you.) Don't make either answer mean nothing besides a few lines of different dialogue. ... I'm getting carried away here, so I'll stop. Pokemon should have an expansive version eventually, but as of now, we are not ready to make that happen.

I have an interesting idea that I don't think anyone's mentioned. I have TONS of gameplay features, including a sky area where, when you use Fly, clear skies are the equivalent to roads/short grass, and clouds like tall grass, with rarer wild flying types. Now, I have a way to avoid overleveling. So, when you start the game, you're at a Professoral convention, with all regional Professors there. Professor Oak asks this question. "Ah, you're here, ah, um... what is your name again?" After inputting your name, you are asked this. "Well, <player>, being here in the world of Pokemon, you must tell me which region your family is moving to. (Psst, I have friends in the FBI, you should cooperate)" This part depends on the Trainer ID generated. The alternative is, "Okay, <player>, can you please tell me where you and your mother are moving?" Here is where you select your starting region. Then, your regional Professor says, "Ah, so you're <player> moving to my region! I believe it is <hometown name>!" If you choose Unova, the Junipers ask you to clear it up, choosing Nuvema or Aspertia. After recieving the Boulder Badge in Kanto, Zephyr in Johto, Stone in Hoenn, Coal in Sinnoh, Trio from Nuvema, Basic from Aspertia, and Bug from Kalos, you are asked to go to another region. Again, it depends on the Trainer ID. In that region, you stop a quick crime committed by the regional villains, after defeating the same type of thing in your "home" region. As you travel between regions, you have to have an equal amount of badges, and after the creators of the Pokemon Storage System not being advanced enough to connect inter-regionally, you must have different sets of Pokemon. After getting 8 badges in every region, you can use any Pokemon. Then you must beat the Leagues in this order: Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Indigo. Then you go to the Sevii Islands, where on Quest island, instead of the Trainer Tower, there is the Ulta-league, where all the Champions gather with their rematch Pokemon from the games you could rematch them in. You can choose any Pokemon to challenge them, and there will be PCs between each Champ. Lance appears as the Ulta-Champ, and afterwards, Mt. Silver has Red to beat, along with all of the other Player Characters. cool, right?

Personally I would like a game that has all the *Japanese* regions in it. I would prefer they do this if they also make a Touhoku counterpart since it would at least bridge the gap between Kanto and Sinnoh. Kalos and Unova are too far away to make a heck of a lot of sense as being in the same game with each other or with the first four regions. {But I hope they make a G/S-like game where we get a neighbor to either one of them. So a Philadelphia-based game for Unova or a Spain-or-Germany-based game for Kalos.} Aside from these specific combinations, I don't see either a point or a way to make it make sense.

This would be pretty cool, if done properly. GameFreak would have to be very careful on how they approach it, or it could easily become an unplayable monstrosity. But handled right, it would be awesome!

I'm thinking it's a bad idea. It'd make the older games obsolete for some, and packing in over two regions could take a toll on gameplay by a lot.

A game with all the regions has been my dream since ever. However, it'd be VERY difficult to pull off, so I'm not sure if it could really happen or not. And after reading the past posts, I've even begun to think it could be a bad idea to do a game like that, given that anything could go wrong at any point.
The nearest and most possible thing that could be done (and something that has always be my dream too) is to include all past player characters, both male and female, as the last 'bosses' in a new game. You'd get to double-battle all of them, and you'd end the challenge with a final, single battle, with everyone's favourite mute character, Red.

Last edited:
I think it'd get repetitive quite quickly. It'd also kind of expose the formulaism of the series. I mean, it's already kind of obvious, but this would make it rather bare bones.

All regions? No that would be a bit too much... Another dual-region game? Heck yes!

In order for such multi-region game to work, there must be a complete different original new story plot to make it work. For me, I'm thinking a villainous team on the global level that has branches in every single region, the protagonist's main quest is then to search out the headquarter of that villainous team and defeat them to stop whatever their evil plan. Pokemon League and Gyms, are on the opposite a side quest that you are not obligate to fulfill. It is now downgrade to the same level as the contest, pokeathlon, battle frontier, etc.

In the case of the concern of over-leveling, the gameplay must alter completely and having level up being much more difficult, such that it becomes those of the standard RPG games. When levels of wild Pokemon + trainers on the roads were low and doesn't give you enough experience to level-up, the player is then forced to move on to the next destination. So as long as the level of the opponent is set in a reasonable progressing pace, there shouldn't be any problem of over-leveling, though only by theories, and that if player doesn't spend +10 hours on one single route trying to level-up their pokemons by squeezing the grain of experience from the poorly under-level wild pokemon that has 10+ level difference from your team.

Guys, you can't create an interesting game using the exact same storylines that had already established. If this new multi-region game are just simply combining the story of RGB+GSC+RSE+DPPt+BW+B2W2+XY, then it is nothing innovative, I'll rather choose to play each single game individually.

Yes, such multi-region game can be fun to play, but need to done in the right way. But, I don't think Game Freak had that kind of potential to make such game working, just by looking at all the other game titles that it had developed in the past.
Game Freak should learn more about RPG games from the well-known game companies like Sony Computer Entertainment, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, Game Arts, or even Bandai that didn't specialized in RPG games but still had quite a bit of interesting RPG games under its development.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom