• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blog comments are really buggy. Every time I hit the post button it gives me an error but still post the comments. And looking at a few recent blogs it doesn't look like I'm the only one with the problem.

I just noticed the today's birthdays feature is gone, can we get that back?

Today's Birthdays
Birthday Calendar
I'd suggest checking the sidebar on the member list ;)

Blog comments are really buggy. Every time I hit the post button it gives me an error but still post the comments. And looking at a few recent blogs it doesn't look like I'm the only one with the problem.
This is a known issue, but there is currently nothing we can do about it. Blogs are not a native functionality of the XenForo software, so we're using an add-on so that we can still have the functionality here on the BMGF. The latest update for the add-on has unfortunately caused this comment bug to occur, and we can only wait for another update to remedy the issue.

Currently, I am unable to make any posts in the 'offers' section of the trading thread. It says I have insufficient privileges. I am able to post in the wanted section of the trading thread however.

I need advice on why I have an insufficient amount of privileges to post in a certain section of the trading thread, and if it's something i need to do myself to fix, how to do so.

I've just come back from a long break from the forums and found that I cannot change any of my profile information, or my username - presumably this is something to do with the permissions on my account?

Currently, I am unable to make any posts in the 'offers' section of the trading thread. It says I have insufficient privileges. I am able to post in the wanted section of the trading thread however.

I need advice on why I have an insufficient amount of privileges to post in a certain section of the trading thread, and if it's something i need to do myself to fix, how to do so.

Thread creation in that forum is currently locked for everyone, including myself. I'm looking into whether this was an oversight, or intended for some reason. I'll get back to you with a more definite answer when I have one.

I've just come back from a long break from the forums and found that I cannot change any of my profile information, or my username - presumably this is something to do with the permissions on my account?

Yep, that was entirely the case. I've fixed up your usergroups, so you should be able to modify your profile info & username again.

Is the blog error ever going to be fixed? (And I don't mean System Error :p)

Is it possible to grant regular user permission to edit posts in locked threads?

Is it possible to grant regular user permission to edit posts in locked threads?

Possible, yes. Will it happen, most likely not. Threads are locked for good reason, and we don't want to let people edit their existing posts to get around the thread lock.

I don't know if it's just me, but some conversations that were sent to me are disappearing and not reappearing until the user that initially sent them sends another message.
This happened three times, all three times, the initial message was from leetic...if that makes any difference whatsoever.

Currently looking into this. If anyone else is experiencing similar issues, do let us know. It could help us narrow down the cause(s).

Chrome seems to be having problems loading threads in XenForo. I either get a blank screen when I try to go to a thread, or it only loads about half of the page and then freezes. The main page of the forums and blogs seem to work just fine though, it's only threads I'm having problems with.

Chrome seems to be having problems loading threads in XenForo. I either get a blank screen when I try to go to a thread, or it only loads about half of the page and then freezes. The main page of the forums and blogs seem to work just fine though, it's only threads I'm having problems with.
It doesnt seem to be a global issue. I am using Chrome and threads are loading fine. Your issue might be extention-based or the connection timing out on your end. Are you perhaps using any extentions that could be blocking them like ad blockers?

It doesnt seem to be a global issue. I am using Chrome and threads are loading fine. Your issue might be extention-based or the connection timing out on your end. Are you perhaps using any extentions that could be blocking them like ad blockers?

Well whatever it is, it fixed itself after I closed Chrome and re-opened it. Everything's fine now.

I don't see this mention anywhere, so if this was already said I apologize.

With the fix of the blogs I noticed just a small glitch. If you try to mention someone using the @ command and then post the blog or comment the mention won't work. I found a solution for people who have this problem, if you edit your post(regardless if you edit anything) the mention will now work. Just wanted to give a heads up for this.

After a bit of experimentation, I may have identified the problem there. With mentions, you need to type out the name (in full, or in part enough to narrow the field down enough) and then click the name in the dropdown that appears. If you don't select the name there, it won't link on that initial post. At least, that seems to be the case whenever I post anything.

This is the first time I used the Conversation function (equivalent to Private Message in the old forum), and I found it could need some improvement.

It is nice that it is now like a private thread between the respective users as I can then also look at the old replies of mine. However, because it is like a thread, I don't like very much of the Edit time limit set in the newly posted reply.

Sorry I am the kind of person that always need to correct my words after I posted. Not that they are excessive edits, but 5 minutes is just too short even for small editing.

I think it might be better if that time limit can be gone, or if impossible, set it to be longer like at least 15 minutes or so.

BTW, posting message in someone else's Profile Post is only 420 characters, which is just too short for long open conversations. Although one can post up to 4000 characters in one's own Profile Post, why not in someone else's Profile Post? Is it possible to improve this?

After a bit of experimentation, I may have identified the problem there. With mentions, you need to type out the name (in full, or in part enough to narrow the field down enough) and then click the name in the dropdown that appears. If you don't select the name there, it won't link on that initial post. At least, that seems to be the case whenever I post anything.

That does the same for myself, but it still doesn't counts. It only really works if you press edit then save.
It could just be a thing in my account or I'm just not clicking it, but I'm unsure at the moment.

If you check out the blog section, the day all the blogs created will always be the current date, even if that isn't the case, but when you read the blogs in question, the date is suddenly correct. For example, i made a blog yesterday(Aprlil 2 obvs), yet when i checked it the blog section it says it was created on Apr 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom