• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Mafia 2016 - Endgame: Krampusnacht (Mafia and Indep Victory) 7/1/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider the following: If Slife was Bodyguard, then Elementar and Slife would have been dead based on my watch results. However, Slife's claim would imply one of two things:

A: I am lying
B: There's a watcher and they messed with my results.

Scenario A would require me to throw away a pretty much guarantee win and I would have to essentially bus both FA and another scum member. Given the current state of the game at the time, it would have been unnecessary, especially with the Slife and FA fake claim thing. I'll acknowledge it's an argument from WIFOM, but it's a very convoluted scenario that would require the bussing of two scum members for not much gain.

Scenario B would then mean that either Darth or Hellcrow are lying and there is scum Godfather Bus Driver or there's a town Bus Driver. I haven't seen much of a counterclaim of a bus driver in general, although there is a slight chance of that. I'm only dismissing case B because of the lack of a bus driver or info manipulating claim that could have messed with my results.

Me being scum would required so many contradictions as to what happened. @Slife's contradicting of FA's claim (most likely bussing and disassociation as scum) and him returning on my Elementar watch, which Elementar got NK with.

The interesting part about it is that the day before Elementar died was the day when Pikochu got added to a private chat with me HD and Elementar, thereby knowing Elementar was doctor.

Actually, I didn't have any idea who Doctor was and I couldn't have cared less because I was more focused on scumhunting.

When Slife started a vote on Max, Pikochu was the only one who did not join the vote and instead went for Slife. He later switched to Max like the others, but now knowing that Max was scum he might want to avoid a lynch on him first.

Slife actually didn't get the wagon rolling with Max though, HD did. I feel that Slife actually started the wagon to bus his teammate to dissociate himself from scum when Max cracked under HD"s pressure. Plus, I noticed that he's been trying to shift the blame on to me, doing a 180 reversal on me based on me missing confession of Max being scum. I don't have a defense over that other than I overlooked it and Slife was a logical choice.

I know I basically repeated myself but that's my thoughts on the game. My argument is basically that me being scum would require a large series of events to have happened and motivation to the point where it gets so convoluted and improbable. Slife's actions on the other hand can be easily be explained as him being scum based on what I know. @DarthWolf12, I hope you do change your vote. I can't promise you that a lynch on Slife will win the game but I can promise you that a lynch on me is a mislynch that ends the game. I'll be more than happy to answer more questions you have.

Lets make the assumption that's the case. That would have to mean that Hellcrow or Derth be lying to me about their true roles. And like I said, I didn't notice Max's scum claim the first time round because I was exhausted. Scum had the motivation to dissociate from Max and then me accidentally not seeing the claim therefore I must be scum is quite stupid to do as scum.

However, you on the other hand did play the disassociation game with scum. You attempted to contradict FA on what turns out me gambiting a confession out of scum. It seems like an attempt to explain yourself away from my watch result from you and FA visiting HD
How would I be able to dissociate myself from FA, according to your hypothesis, if I didn't know that you and HD were bluffing about the Watch result? If I had visited DB that night it would be suicide to go against a Cop-backed Watcher result. I knew I didn't visit DB so there was no reason for me to lie, so I was honest about it and it got FA lynched because she was mafia and became nervous under the pressure whereas I knew I wasn't guilty of anything so I didn't have to worry. That was the point of the bluff, to catch the lying mafia. Most people voted FA so the disassociate thing doesn't really pan out. Actually now that I think about it, if anything, the bluff to catch FA would help you disassociate from scum. It gives you better credential to frame me later on with another watcher claim, which is incidentally what you did.

I was looking back at your vote on FA and saw this
Okay, I'm feeling somewhat better about FA. She's worthy of an investigation later on though. Unvote: FinalArcadia

Upon further thoughts while I was going out, I think my vote will stick on FA.

Vote: FA
You were one of the few people to buy FA's fakeclaim and held off your vote on her even though she was still clearly the scummiest. You're essentially doing the same thing you did with Max: trying to avoid voting on your scumbuddy's wagon as long as possible.

A: I am lying
B: There's a watcher and they messed with my results.

Scenario A would require me to throw away a pretty much guarantee win and I would have to essentially bus both FA and another scum member. Given the current state of the game at the time, it would have been unnecessary, especially with the Slife and FA fake claim thing. I'll acknowledge it's an argument from WIFOM, but it's a very convoluted scenario that would require the bussing of two scum members for not much gain.

Scenario B would then mean that either Darth or Hellcrow are lying and there is scum Godfather Bus Driver or there's a town Bus Driver. I haven't seen much of a counterclaim of a bus driver in general, although there is a slight chance of that. I'm only dismissing case B because of the lack of a bus driver or info manipulating claim that could have messed with my results.

Me being scum would required so many contradictions as to what happened. @Slife's contradicting of FA's claim (most likely bussing and disassociation as scum) and him returning on my Elementar watch, which Elementar got NK with.
Firstly, how would you know it's a guaranteed win? You don't who who would have been suspected in subsequent phases. Scenario A lets you build up town cred and use cop-backed pressure to force lynches without getting your hands dirty. As for Scenario B, like I mentioned before, there are a myriad of possible info-tampering roles but that would imply Darth is said info role manipulator and HD trusted Darth so I doubt that's the case. So yes, I agree with you that Scenario B isn't likely, which is why I can only come to the conclusion that you are lying. Also, consider this; if I was mafia, why would I perform the kill on Elementar instead of letting Max do it? He was unquestionably more suspected that me going into the phase, so I would only be putting myself in jeopardy if I were to let myself be caught in a watcher result at that point in the game.

Slife actually didn't get the wagon rolling with Max though, HD did. I feel that Slife actually started the wagon to bus his teammate to dissociate himself from scum when Max cracked under HD"s pressure. Plus, I noticed that he's been trying to shift the blame on to me, doing a 180 reversal on me based on me missing confession of Max being scum. I don't have a defense over that other than I overlooked it and Slife was a logical choice.
That doesn't work because Max was one of my top scumreads ever since I subbed in, and I had voted him before that phase and was planning on voting him going into that day phase anyway. Unless you think I planned to dissociate myself from Max since the moment I subbed in, which seems pointless, why would I try to bus my scumbuddy since D1 (or whatever Day I subbed in)? HD said he was also planning on lynching Max going into the phase so it could have gone either way who started the wagon. But no matter who started the wagon, Max was going to be lynched which is why you tried to save Max by framing me and trying to shift the wagon. Also, the only reason the choice would have been logical for any reason was the watcher result; your watcher result. Of course if you're going to come up with a way to paint me scum it's going to seem logical, but not once had anyone suspected me for actual scumtells. Your "dissociation" argument is actually the first time anyone has given a real reason for suspecting me as scum, and the fact that it's coming in at LYLO when you need to get me lynched and has flaws in its own right shows there's little reasoning that justifies me actually being scum.

You talk about a series of improbable events having to occur for your scenario to work out. To me what seems improbable is you saying that you didn't seeing see Max's scum claim, even though he was very dramatic about it, and after both HD and I brought attention to it. You seem to be paying attention to the other details of the game just fine, but you're trying to say that it just so happened that one of the only things you missed was also arguably the most important thing that happened that phase? The whole basis of your last defense relies on the premise of accidents and coincidences, and based on "what [you] know" but that nobody else seems to know. I think you've been cornered Piko and you're trying to pull out a last-ditch effort to incriminate me when there's no substantial evidence to back it up (which I can respect).

Vote: Max1996

He's been one of my top scum reads since I subbed in (as well as WO who's dead now and HC who's claimed ITP) and his behavior hasn't changed at all. All of his votes have been either OMGUS or sheeps with flimsy explanations and filler posts, using them to jump on bandwagons while avoiding direct confrontation when asked questions.
@Pikochu explain this.
Reading back I see how you went for Slife first. You seemed to be more sure with Slife than Max and wanted us to join. Of course it is still possible you did that to protect fellow scu
BTW thanks for replying, this gave me some clarity on the situation.

Another note, I totally missed something that really shapes my thought. I did forget to add was that HD and I were really doubting about adding Pikochu for a gadfather chance. He checked me on N2 and asked for cooperation from D3. For me, that day was when the game really got going. Since it was my first game, HD really helped me out with thing, giving me a guaranteed teammate to share thoughts and decisions.

So @HumanDawn, thank you.

It was his choice to add Pikochu to the group and he thought Slife was scum. The only real moment when we were different was when we both thought DB to be scum for different initial reason and eventually led us to doubting our vote.
My point here, I've always trusted him and I feel like I should still do it, even though I cant't ask for help anymore.

Actually now that I think about it, if anything, the bluff to catch FA would help you disassociate from scum. It gives you better credential to frame me later on with another watcher claim, which is incidentally what you did.
That was also a thing I though of, still, those watch results could go either way with that for me.

that would imply Darth is said info role manipulator and HD trusted Darth so I doubt that's the case
I can tell I have no influence on any other player's ability.
So yes, I agree with you that Scenario B isn't likely, which is why I can only come to the conclusion that you are lying.
This indeed contradicts scenario if you are not able to manipulate.
Also, consider this; if I was mafia, why would I perform the kill on Elementar instead of letting Max do it? He was unquestionably more suspected that me going into the phase, so I would only be putting myself in jeopardy if I were to let myself be caught in a watcher result at that point in the game.
Ok, anyone, give me general mafia knowledge. How does mafia nightkill work? Does one person visit the killed player or does it work differently? Because if it is that case, Slife makes a good point which I did not know of.
Of course if you're going to come up with a way to paint me scum it's going to seem logical, but not once had anyone suspected me for actual scumtells. Your "dissociation" argument is actually the first time anyone has given a real reason for suspecting me as scum, and the fact that it's coming in at LYLO when you need to get me lynched and has flaws in its own right shows there's little reasoning that justifies me actually being scum.
Did anyone ever suspect pikochu as scum this situation?

@Slife @Pikochu I would like you both to make a list with all point of scum and noteworthy behaviour of the other player to make a clear overview for me. My final check will be 1 hour before closure. In the meantime you can say whatever you want to make a case. After that hour I will not change it.
Phase ends in approximately 5 and a half hours.
So in approxiamtely 4 and a half hours from this message.

Another note, I totally missed something that really shapes my thought. I did forget to add was that HD and I were really doubting about adding Pikochu for a gadfather chance. He checked me on N2 and asked for cooperation from D3. For me, that day was when the game really got going. Since it was my first game, HD really helped me out with thing, giving me a guaranteed teammate to share thoughts and decisions.
Yeah I was talking with HD privately as well and he said he was worried about Piko possibly being godfather and that he should be looked into if he survives to the last phase. Btw you're doing well for your first game! Glad to have you join us! :D

Ok, anyone, give me general mafia knowledge. How does mafia nightkill work? Does one person visit the killed player or does it work differently? Because if it is that case, Slife makes a good point which I did not know of.
Generally the mafia team shares a collective nightkill that one mafia member submits/performs in the mafia team chat/QT on behalf of the entire team.

Did anyone ever suspect pikochu as scum this situation?
I don't quite understand the question, but if you mean was Piko suspected, HD and I began suspecting Piko as the final scum last day phase if Max would flip scum and the game continued.

@Slife @Pikochu I would like you both to make a list with all point of scum and noteworthy behaviour of the other player to make a clear overview for me. My final check will be 1 hour before closure. In the meantime you can say whatever you want to make a case. After that hour I will not change it.
Sure, will make it now.

Pikochu:
- First one to bring up the possibility of a vote stealer/thief in the game, which turned out to be true. Suggests he knew vote thief was in the game. Strangely enough, he could come up with the idea of a vote thief to explain the voting phenomenon, but couldn't think of how a watcher result could be tampered with (until I confronted him about it and then he acknowledged the possibility).
- Gets a watcher result on me and FA (later revealed to be a bluff as part of HD's plan) yet tries to avoid the lynch on FA until the last minute, possibly trying to cover for FA while distancing himself from her at the same time. Very scummy interaction.
- Claims to have watched me visit Elementar even though I've explained why that makes no sense.
- Initially makes HD push the lynch on me without coming out in thread himself, so that the lynch can have more credibility when backed by the arguably towniest player.
- Tries to create and push a wagon on me based on his result claim, despite Max outing himself as scum and everyone else voting for him. Claims to have not seen Max's outing, yet stated the following
Personally, the case for Slife is much stronger than Max at this point and at LYLO, I think Slife would be a better lynch.
Considering the main case for Max at that point was his scum claim, this seems to suggest Piko saw the claim but still tried to push the lynch on me in LYLO until shot down by HD.
- Suspected by HD for being godfather (suspicions increased upon Max's scum claim and subsequent flip).
- Claims I was voting Max last phase just to try to distance myself from him, when Max has been one of my consistent top scumreads since I joined the game (in fact he was the first person I voted).
- Last defense is largely comprised of WIFOM and pathos over logos.

Yeah I was talking with HD privately as well and he said he was worried about Piko possibly being godfather and that he should be looked into if he survives to the last phase. Btw you're doing well for your first game! Glad to have you join us! :D
He did say that, but for the both of you.
I don't quite understand the question, but if you mean was Piko suspected, HD and I began suspecting Piko as the final scum last day phase if Max would flip scum and the game continued.
What I meant was if Pikochu was a scum suspect before this situation.

I will not change my vote.

@Pikochu too bad that you couldn't/didn't answer my last questions (not the reason I still vote you, but just disappointed)

@Pikochu @Slife Both of you, before we get the result, well played and GG.
@HumanDawn Again, thank you for helping me through this first game.
@DrumBeats Looking forward to our conversation about my claims and how to improve them.
@Soaringdylan Thanks for inviting me to this.
@Maniacal Engineer Thanks for hosting this game. It turned out to be more intense than I imagined in the first place.

Endgame: Krampusnacht
1. @jdthebud
2. @Max1996
3. @Elementar
4. @Slife
5. @Pikochu
6. @Ghostly
7. @Soaringdylan
8. @WolfOwl
9. @CheffOfGames
10. @DarthWolf13
11. @Alex Kaz
12. @DrumBeats
13. @Hellcrow
14. @FinalArcadia
15. @HumanDawn
@Enzap @Zexy @TheCapsFan
@AussieEevee @BadAssGardevoir @Maniacal Engineer

Endgame: Krampusnacht

And so, my friends, we have come to the end of the game.
In spite of the odds, the mafia had all opposition overcame.
Another townie was lynched, sealing the mafia's victory.
This in spite of a cop check that seemed contradictory.

Moshe the Mench had sat on his bench to watch,
But the town had managed, this game, to botch.
It was now all over. There was no going back.
Now the holidays are gone due to a mafia hijack.

Dear Pikochu,

Mench%20Logo.png

Neal Hoffman said:
I'm literally living the American dream. I keep waiting to wake up thinking that I had a funny dream that I created a little Jewish doll.
You are Moshe the Mensch, also known as the Mensch on the Bench.
Created by Neal Hoffman as a Jewish counterpart to the Elf on the Shelf, the initial funds to produce you came from a Kickstarter campaign in 2013. After the initial success, Neal took you on to the Television show, Shark Tank, where two of the sharks invested in you.
Post Shark Tank, over 100,000 families have purchased you and read about your amazing exploits during the Hanukkah story. Additionally, Neal has partnered with the Elf Yourself app to create the Mensch app, and has expanded his brand to include the Mensch Munch candy bars and other fascinating products.
Like your counterpart, there are certain "rules" with regards to how families are supposed to treat you once they purchase you. You are supposed to be treated as part of the family, and hold the Shamesh candle (the candle that is used to light the other candles on the Chanukiah). Additionally, while the families are supposed to move you around so that you don't get tired of sitting in the same place, you should always be within sight of the Chanukiah so that you can continue to watch the candles burn after everyone else has fallen asleep.
Unlike your counterpart, you do not fly off to report children's misdeeds to a jolly fat man in a red suit.
According to carefully crafted legend, you helped Judah and his Maccabees reclaim the Holy Temple in Jerusalem and watched over the oil in the Menorah as it burned for eight days and eight nights, never sleeping and never resting. Due to your dedication and perseverance in observing the lights, you are the 2x Watcher. Twice during the night, you can PM the hosts: Watch: (player), and the hosts will tell you who visited that player during that night.
You are allied with the Holiday Heroes, and you win when all hostile factions have been eliminated.

Pikochu died, it was certainly quite a shame.
And now the heroes have lost, all the same.
The candles have burned out and the tree is fallen.
The final town member was certainly crestfallen.

Seeing his vote had lead to the last townie being mislynched,
Rudolph was startled and violently trembled and flinched.
All alone, now, he could only stare helplessly and recoiled,
As Santa's dark companion destroyed all for which the town toiled.

Alas, the last scoundrel could not let him live any longer,
lest Rudolph gather new heroes and become stronger.
The scoundrel rounded on the reindeer and ended his life.
Thus ending all of this ridiculous holiday related strife.

Deer DarthWolf13,

6c2810b0-7cd9-11e4-82bf-97f165ff0daa_cbs-rudolph-red-nosed-reindeer-rankin-bass-178.jpg

Santa Claus said:
Rudolph with your nose so bright won't you guide my sleigh tonight?

You are Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
As your name implies, you have a shiny red nose. At one point in time, all of Santa's other reindeer made fun of you and teased you because of your red nose, and wouldn't let you join in their reindeer games.
Then, one fateful Christmas Eve, as Santa was about to begin his annual journey around the world, the weather took a turn for the worse. It got very foggy out, and visibility was severely reduced. The sleigh would have been in danger of crashing, had not Santa called on you. Your shiny red nose provided enough visibility to navigate through the bad weather without incident.
Since then, you've been considered a hero and are always at the front of the pack during Santa's voyage.
All that having been said, ME is still very confused as to how you and the other reindeer can fly, but he's a stick in the mud, so don't mind him.
You occasionally take practice flights in preparation for your big night on December 24th. As such, you are the 2x Commuter. Twice during the night, you can PM the hosts: Take a practice Flight, and you will be immune to all night actions and kills that attempt to target you.
You are allied with the Holiday Heroes, and you win when all hostile factions have been eliminated.

DarthWolf13 had passed, and with him the town was ended.
Thus now, the holidays remained completely undefended.
The scoundrels had won, and now all town's work was undone.
The mafia's reign of terror had barely just begun.

But who was this final mafioso so clever?
His mark would remain on history forever.
The Krampus it was, Santa's companion.
To Santa's cation he was the anion.

Punishing naughty children was his yearly task.
He also drank deeply from the schapps flask.
This dark creature, half goat and half demon,
Had emerged from Santa's shadow, now a freeman.

Dear Slife,

640.jpg

Krampuskarten said:
Gruß vom Krampus

Half goat and half demon, you are the Krampus.
One of the companions of Saint Nicholas, you are responsible for punishing the naughty boys and girls. To that end, you carry with you chains, which you jangle menacingly, bundles of birch branches, to swat the children, and, in some incarnations, a sack, which you use to haul away the naughty children.
Your origins are thought to date back to Pre-Christian Alpine traditions, as you greatly resemble a Wiccan deity.
In spite of your sinister purpose, you are celebrated as an iconic part of the holiday tradition, and people will send out holiday greetings card featuring your image, known as Krampuskarten.
Additionally, the night of December 5th, which is the night before the Feast of Saint Nicholas is celebrated, is called Krampusnacht, or Krampus Night. During this evening, you appear, sometimes with Saint Nicholas, other times on your own, and visit houses and businesses.
One tradition of the Krampusnacht is called the Krampuslauf, or Krampus Run, which is a parade in which young men dressed up as the Krampus participate. It is customary to present a visiting Krampus with a schnapps.
While you are certainly very naughty, you are one of the companions of Saint Nicholas, as such, you are the Godfather. Any attempts to investigate your alignment will show up as nice.
Additionally, much like Santa, you have your own list which you can consult for information. As such, you are the Role Cop. Each night, you may PM the hosts Check: (player), and you will learn that player's role after the phase update.
You are allied with the Seasonal Scoundrels and you win when all hostile factions have been eliminated or this is unavoidable.

Slife was now victorious. He now runs the North Pole.
And now, every year the children will receive only coal.
Christmas is canceled, and so is Hanukkah, too.
Now is a bad time to be a Christian or Jew.

However, there are those who care not for this result.
Since their religion is more akin to that of a cult.
In spite of this game Festivus still continues to exist.
As this particular player had long been dismissed.

Though he'd spent the entire game on strike, he was now a winner.
Cosmo Kramer shrugged and continued eating his Festivus dinner.
He would soon lose interest and carry on with other ridiculous stunts.
But, for now, he had won this game, because nobody did he ever confront.

Dear Hellcrow,

CLuZuw8WsAAy-Tx.jpg

Cosmo Kramer said:
It's a Festivus Miracle!

You are Cosmo Kramer, the eccentric neighbor of Jerry Seinfeld.
Your antics and shenanigans on the iconic sitcom Seinfeld have made you the stuff of legends.
One such legend, that has created an entire subculture in the United States, is your part in the resurrection of the sacred holiday of Festivus, celebrated on December 23rd.
Originally created by Frank Costanza, as a means of removing the commercialism of the winter holidays, it had gone by the wayside until you convinced Frank to celebrate it once again.
And so, the Festivus Pole was dusted off and taken out of storage, and the Festivus Feast began, including such traditional events as the Airing of Grievances, during which everyone around the table goes around and lashes out at how they were disappointed during the last year. The holiday ends with the Feats of Strength, which is when the head of household chooses one of the fellow celebrators and challenges them to a wrestling match. The holiday doesn't end until the head of house is pinned by the challenger.
You managed to escape the Feats of Strength, after Frank had selected you, by coming up with a clever excuse to leave, forcing George Costanza to, once again, try wrestling his father.
All you want to do is celebrate your holiday in peace and quiet, without any of the trappings or commercialism of Christmas or Hanukkah. However, you are also on strike. As such, you are the Voteless Survivor. You are allied with yourself and you win if you survive until endgame. Any votes you make in the thread will not count towards the total.

Hellcrow has won, and now this update is finally over.
He cares not for the scoundrel's hostile takeover.
Now I wonder if I will ever be able to stop with these rhymes.
Or perhaps I am doomed to continue doing this for all times.

It would seem, for the moment, that two hosts are as yet alive.
But they may yet die before this game goes into the archive.
Stay tuned and keep watching. More fun may yet occur.
Though it really depends on whether or not you all concur.

The game is over. The Seasonal Scoundrels and Hellcrow have won!

Thank you all for playing, and thanks to my cohosts, Enzap, TheCapsFan, and Zexy. I hope y'all had as good of a time playing as I had hosting.

Post game thoughts and questions will be coming up.

The QTs, for your amusement:
Ceremonial Cemetary - Holiday Mafia Graveyard - QuickTopic free message board hosting
Seasonal Scoundrels Mafia Chat - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Also, a bit of trivia: those mafia regulars who were around at the time of @Elieson's marvelous I Can't Believe It's Not War Room Mafia Mafia game will recognize Alex Kaz's Inventor role as the role that I fakeclaimed in ICBINWRMM, right down to the amusing inventions.
One minor difference is that Alex Kaz couldn't use the inventions himself, but rather had to give them out as gifts to other players. Obviously this never ended up happening, as he was killed fairly early on.
Too bad, really. I wanted a game with a buttdialing cellphone. :(

Anyway the inventions were as follows:
Cellphone: could "buttdial" the hosts and leave an anonymous message in the update. One time use.
Squirt Gun: 1x Vig kill.
Decoy: 1x BPV
Portable Scanner: 1x Cop Check
Joy Buzzer: 1x Roleblock

Also under trivia, this is Enzap's first ever mafia game that he hosted (Bat Mafai excluded, of course). He helped out with the timetable for when we should post the signups, how long signups should be open for, what characters to use in the game, and acted as a backup update poster when the phase changes fell out on my Sabbath.

While I was the designated FT writer and phase updater, my fellow War Room staffers also contributed to this game behind the scenes, so credit where credit is due.

Thankyou to all of the hosts for pulling off a really good game that lived up to its theme. The setup was really interesting.

Bad luck town, and congrats to the mafia and independents. It was a well deserved win, and I'm surprised you were able to pull it off in the end.

Wow... I'm honestly shocked at the outcome, but good game! Thank you for hosting ME! If Max1996 didn't admit he was Mafia Town would have more likely won with the Godfather out. also, with the Mafia having Rolechecked DrumBeats N1 that means I didn't out any new information with sharing his claim

@DarthWolf13

Slife lied about this in-thread:

I talked it over with HumanDawn in OC chat last night and we agreed Piko has to be godfather scum. He's been faking Watcher results to frame town and feigned an alliance with the cop so he could go unsuspected as scum, which is why he kept HD alive this long. The fact that he ignored a literal scum claim (that flipped scum in the end) is very suspicious as well. When Max was about to be lynched, he tried to turn the votes on me in an attempt to either tie the votes or shift the bandwagon away from his scumbuddy.

Vote: Pikochu

And I said this to you privately and settled that Slife would be the most likely Mafia here:

hey Darth

I've been thinking it over between Pikochu and Slife and... I doubt Slife is Town. Slife is probably a RoleCop because Mafia have no revealed investigative roles so far. The_Pikachu didn't need to pick FinalArcadia to bus when there were 10 players around when he could have picked Slife to vote, got a mislynch, then with another NK in and a Lynch Redirect, and another Nightkill, it would be 3 Mafia vs 3 other players, not even counting the Voteless power. Max1996 could have also left his vote on Slife, didn't say anything else, mislynch him, and then win with Pikochu. Instead Max gave up when Slife was opposing him. Basically if Pikochu is Mafia Town would have lost ages ago.

Why would you trust what Slife said over what I actually told you? You even told me that Slife is the most safest Mafia but then didn't discuss anything else with me and you pulled out reasoning that you did not share with me that went against Pikochu and supported Slife. I just find the change bizarre.

Gotta admit, Max's outing himself as mafia was a brilliant play, whether intentional or not.
Although it may have seemed to be playing against his Wincon at first, it actually was very much in his team's favor. A surprisingly bold move for a first time scum.

Anyway, obligatory post game questions, then off to bed with me:

1. Did you enjoy the game?
2. Did you read all of ME's silly updates?
3. Did you like the flavor text?
4. Did you think the game was balanced?
5. What did you think of the character selection for the game?
6. Did you learn anything new from reading the role PMs?
7. Who drank all the eggnog?!
8. Was the hosting fair?
9. Would you play another game with a similar theme?
10. If you could change one thing about this game, what would it be?
11. How well did the characters fit their assigned roles?

Yes, definitely.

Yes.

Yes. It was very suitable for the theme and entertaining.

Town was pretty protected, but I think the game was very well balanced.

It was a very interesting selection... I can say I didn't expect Adam Sandler to make an appearance.

Yes. More specifically, Adam Sandler and singing.

I'm pretty sure we all know it was ME...
8. Was the hosting fair?

Yes.

Definitely.
Nothing that comes to mind, other than the outcome. I think the OC was really good, so I wouldn't want that changed.

They fit them really well. They suited well, but still didn't give it away, which was perfect.

Yes!

Yes! They looked so fun...

Hmm, I'm not really sure with the 1x Lynch Redirector and lack of a Vigilante role despite the Inventor giving a shot. That said, I was thinking of contacting Alex Kaz himself N2... but didn't. 1x Lynch Redirector and Voteless makes Town lose a lot of power, too.

Perfect variety. It was a Holiday one, not a Christmas one.

monshe the mensh is my husband

Nobody, because it tastes bad.

8. Was the hosting fair?

Ehh, I feel that the Town's Watcher going completely inactive hurt the Town. Yes, it was 2x and there's always the choice that goes with it on whether to use it or not, but then there's no choice anyway if the player is completely inactive. I assume it was made in balance to the Mafia having a 1x Lynch Redirector. Doctor Floptopus was inactive, but had her role be used by her teammates, but nobody in the Town could use Pikochu's role. I don't know the official shared reason why CheffOfGames was modkilled, though of course I'd guess it was because of the nameclaim, but if it was for just that I'd also find it unfair. Mafia kind of lost a mislynch with it and no nameclaiming was not really in the rules.

Hmm... maybe next year!

Lynch Redirector 1x and Voteless is too powerful for such a small game. Voteless is a demotivating role and 1x Lynch Redirector is a strong safe claim.

Pretty well, I'd say.

Yikes. I apologize for not posting before the deadline. There's a large storm that took down the power at my place so I decided to leave place until I got the report that the power was back on, which was about 45 minutes ago. And it would have been impossible for me to post an adequate rebuttal to Slife's rebuttal on mobile. Besides, I feel that my rebuttal would have been me going in circles with Slife (I noticed that Slife's second rebuttal is pretty much the same as the first, so repeating myself would have just plain annoyed me).

Actually, I feel that I did piss poor in this game because I was quite busy and had to deal with very important business which impaired my ability to play the game (I wasn't really paying much attention until I subbed in, didn't bother catching up and I really fucked up on seeing Max's confession.) . Add that not being able to have sleep well at all over the holidays and well...I wouldn't be able to play as well as I liked.

I personally did enjoy this game. It was nice to see an OOC game for once after a long stretch of non-OOC games, at least the games I was in. It was pretty cool to finally come up with a good bluff with town that probably changed the direction of the game for the time being.

- Last defense is largely comprised of WIFOM and pathos over logos.

I'm a bit offended that you said that I used "pathos over logos." I know you were trying to dismiss my logical hypothesis and I did sound quite annoyed having to repeat myself, but still .. :p No harm done though, you were scum and you couldn't adequately take down my argument anyways so you had to just dismiss it. Just out of curiosity, was my dissociation hypothesis correct in reasoning as to why you did what you did? :p

@DarthWolf13: You did pretty well for your first game and you did fine for the game deciding vote even though it didn't win. Trust me, I understand the situation you were in (See XYZ Mafia where I had to choose between someone with a really great fake claim and someone who I really suspected to be scum.). Hopefully you'll be around TWR for more games! I would love to play with you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom