• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well the big switch presentation is just a few days off,if stars is a switch title I can't imagine they won't tell us then to get as much hype as possible for switch
I highly doubt we'll see Stars yet. It's rare for Pokémon specific news to be attached to big Nintendo events, Game Freak tends to follow its own schedule. Besides, it won't have even been 2 months since SM came out and they're still selling copies of that. Trying to promote a new game now would likely hurt sales of the current one. I think there's a good chance we won't hear about it until February or March.

Enzap said:
I think there's a good chance we won't hear about it until February or March.
That's still too early. A third version has no business being promoted for over 6 months, and going by Platinum and B2W2, 4 months should be the expectation.

RileyXY1 said:
They just leaked the patents. Nothing more.
Patents are not leaked... Had Nintendo patented the exact concept behind the Switch, everyone would have known about it and Eurogamer's leak would not have been treated as a rumor.

They just leaked the patents. Nothing more.
That is exactly what 'leaking' is. Do you want them to do fortune-telling to give us leaks? They get their info from patents, and leak them. That is the whole purpose of leaking.

I can say that Chinese Leaks from before did nothing, they just leaked inside info.

That is exactly what 'leaking' is. Do you want them to do fortune-telling to give us leaks? They get their info from patents, and leak them. That is the whole purpose of leaking.

I can say that Chinese Leaks from before did nothing, they just leaked inside info.
I was just saying that Eurogamer and Laura Dale are not as credible as we think they are.

That's still too early. A third version has no business being promoted for over 6 months, and going by Platinum and B2W2, 4 months should be the expectation.
I was mostly giving an earliest possible time based on SM's release date, but you're probably right, it likely won't come until at least May or June if it is Stars. Buuut if they choose to give us something other than just a third version or even a sequel (such as a Kanto revisit as discussed in another thread) I could see them announcing it earlier.

/vp/ - - Pokémon - 4chan theres a new Stars leak that suggests its a sequel

/vp/ - - Pokémon - 4chan theres a new Stars leak that suggests its a sequel
Seems to contradict what Eurogamer and Dale said, and unlike some random anon on 4chan they actually have a track record of having information.

So not buying it.

Why would people want to buy an expensive new console for a game that's already on the 3DS?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Why would people want to buy an expensive new console for a game that's already on the 3DS?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Thats exactly my thought,on a console I'd expect a bigger game,maybe even open world.

If stars is a switch game I hope it's not just a platinum type 3rd version but a bigger better alola

"You can even play Pokemon at home!"
Frankly, I rarely play it anywhere else.

This doesn't mean for sure it's Pokemon Stars, though-Pokemon games on the Wii and WiiU were never part of the core series, for example.

Gamestop's wording seems to be trying to contrast with the past with both Pokémon and Skyrim (mainline Pokémon being formerly handheld only and Skyrim formerly console only).

So I'd say it's referring to main series specifically. What sort of main series game it's talking about isn't clear though, it's just speaking in a general sense.

Well, this does confirm that we will be seeing Pokemon on the Switch. The way they say "You can even play Pokemon at home!" though does seem to suggest they're talking about the main series, given how they're using words like 'even' and how Pokemon has never been on a home console before. The Switch is a home console, as well as a handheld.

Back
Top Bottom