• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Defeat the Boss! Level 2: Mushroom Kingdom Mischief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzap

No thoughts, head empty
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
@returnofMCH @Elementar @MegaPod12 @Lone_Garurumon

Have any questions, or want to play yourself? Click here!: Rules, Guide, and Sign-Ups

---------

Level 2

Your party emerges from the portal and finds itself outside of a pink and white, 2D castle. As your finding your bearings, a young woman with long, blonde hair and a bright pink dress comes coming up to you.

"Oh, you must be the heroes I've been waiting for. You're definitely not the heroes I'm used to, but you'll have to do. My name is Princess Peach. The evil Bowser has kidnapped my loyal servant Toad and is holding him ransom! I would go rescue him myself, but I'm far too busy running my kingdom. If you could go save Toad, I promise to make it worth your time."

Of course you all accept her request and head toward the other, darker castle in the distance. After traveling barely a minute, you encounter your first enemy.

Round 1
Goomba
giphy.gif

HP: 30

Doesn't look too strong, why don't you use this opportunity to test out your new skills and weapons

• Staff
I'm going to show all the calcs for the first couple turns, but I might drop them later on, just fyi

Alright. I'll attack Goomba with my Broadsword.
Roll: 3 - 2 = 1
Unfortunately that's a miss
I decide to have fun and attack Goomba with my Poison Dagger. Let's-a go!
Roll: 15 + 1 = 16
Hit! But it wasn't quite a crit, so no poison for you today
Damage: 2
I attack the goomba with my heavy mace
Why can't I just stomp on this thing to jump higher? Its looks easy to stomp on
If you want to stomp on it I'll count that as an equivalent to throwing something at it for 1 damage :p

Roll: 12 - 4 = 8
Hit!
Damage: 4
I cast the Spell of Agility on Elementar!
Elementar became surrounded in Blue Magic and his Ddg skyrocketed!

Goomba: 24/30

Goomba attacks Elementar with Goomba Shuffle!
But because of Lone_Garurumon's spell Elemntar successfully dodged!

Current HP
Goomba: 24/30
Elementar: 10/10
returnofMCH: 10/10
Lone_Garurumon: 10/10
MegaPod12: 10/10

I cast a Spell of Agility (again) This time targetting MegaPod12 Ya know whatever happened to MegaPods 1 through 11?
You got it
Thank Lone :) I try and attack Goomba again with my Broadsword.
Roll: 15 - 2 = 13
Hit!
Damage: 5 + 3 = 8
I leap up with my temporary agility and toss my Throwing Knife at Goomba, akin to a Hammer Bro... but with knives.
Roll: 13 - 2 + 1 = 12
Hit!
Damage: 3
I use my heavy mace on the goomba
And throw enzap at the boss to revive a running gag from the old DtB threads...
Throwing counts as a separate action, so you might better save that for next turn XP
Roll: 4 - 4 = 0
Sorry, that's a miss

Goomba: 13/30

Goomba keeps shuffling along, right into MCH!
And it hit!
Damage: 3 - 3 = 0

Current HP
Lone_Garurumon: 10/10

So far not a scratch, this level's gonna be a piece of cake ;)

Last edited:
Sorry for the slight delay on this update, I was busy this afternoon.
Once more, I toss my Throwing Knife at the Goomba.
Roll: 6 - 2 + 1 = 5
Hit!
I attack Goomba again with my Broadsword.
Roll: 6 - 2 = 4
Hit
Damage: 5 + 3 = 8
Well, I guess I know who not to bother buffing this turn. I cast yet another Spell of Agility, returning to my original target: Elementar.
Noted
It'll be a miss, but I'll waste my turn for the LULZ by throwing enzap at the boss
And then I'll get serious again
Enzap flops around!
Damage: 1

Goomba: 1/30

Goomba is clearly on its last leg, but still it continues in its march and attacks Lone Garurumon with Goomba Shuffle
And it hit!

Lone Garurumon recovers 1 HP!

Current HP
Lone_Garurumon: 8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back