• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM015: The Clawed Hill, Iwanko and Lugarugan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely misread that as
'what if the episode ends with Prof. Kukui placing Ash into Rockruff's care?'

Would be more apt.

Rockruff would be great at looking after Ash. I don't see why Pokemon can't take care of Trainer. But in all seriousness, the picture for SM016 does show Ash standing near Rockruff, but Professor Kukui could just be out of the shot.

This is probably the furthest thing from the truth but, what if the episode ends with Prof. Kukui placing Rockruff into Ash's care? Just a theory that hit me at one point
I can see this happening since Rockruff likes spending time with Ash and Pikachu already

This is probably the furthest thing from the truth but, what if the episode ends with Prof. Kukui placing Rockruff into Ash's care? Just a theory that hit me at one point
I can kinda see Rockruff bonding a lot with Ash after spending all that time training and defeating whatever Pokemon it fights, then Kukui entrusting Rockruff to him thinking it's what Rockruff wants

Still, why Boober? Seems random.

Last edited:
Weak to rock moves? Though type advantage isn't a big deal in the anime.
Maybe it's important here. But regardless of Magmar, I wonder what the Lycanroc and the other wild Pokemon have to do with this episode. Maybe the Midnight one disrupts the training and so Magmar's Pokemon friends come to attack it.

Rockruff adorable as usual I see... nice to see Ash is finally getting another Pokemon (if not this episode, by 18 he'll have it)

It looks like the Lycanroc don't actually physically appear in this episode. Most likely an imagination of what Rockruff can evolve into, visualized by Kukui or Rotom.
I was just watching subbed version and noticed some scenes I didn't see before.
Screenshot_2017-02-21-00-11-36-1.png
Screenshot_2017-02-21-00-11-44-1.png
Screenshot_2017-02-21-00-11-51-1.png
Screenshot_2017-02-21-00-11-57-1.png

Glad to see it looks like a more action-oriented episode.

Can't believe no one noticed that Rockruff got into water to put out the fire on its tail, anime logic there everyone

I can't remember the last time the Tomioka/Iwane combo produced a dull episode, so those action-y additional preview pictures don't surprise me. Hopefully we're in for a good one.

I suppose that the Rockruff Professor Kukui has is actually a wild Pokémon that is only being cared by him? Is Ash really going to keep Rockruff? We'll just have to wait and see tomorrow morning.

In about 6 or so more hours we'll see how Ash will keep Rockruff and bond with it even further
I suppose that the Rockruff Professor Kukui has is actually a wild Pokémon that is only being cared by him? Is Ash really going to keep Rockruff? We'll just have to wait and see tomorrow morning.
I think you're up to something there, we've never seen Rockruff inside a Pokeball so far so it could be a wild one, who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom