• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM020: Satoshi and Pikachu, the Promise between Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
SM020: Satoshi and Pikachu, the Promise between Them!
Airs: April 6

This comes from 2ch, so take it with a grain of salt for now.

Here is a summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.

Ash hears about a small island known under the name "Treasure Island". He heads to the island to explore it, and the time he and Pikachu spend there alone strengthens his bond with it. And then, when evening falls, they see a shining Pokémon floating in the sky.

Last edited:
Maybe Pikachu will learn a new move? It'd be about this time in a series that it does like when it learned Iron Tail early in AG and Electro Ball early in BW (Volt Tackle was learned sort of early during Battle Frontier as well)

Maybe Pikachu will learn a new move? It'd be about this time in a series that it does like when it learned Iron Tail early in AG and Electro Ball early in BW (Volt Tackle was learned sort of early during Battle Frontier as well)

What move would Pikachu learn?

My money is Pikachu relearns Volt Tackle, giving the game really really promotes that move in a way.

Yeah...sounds a bit fishy...especially since Movie 20 is pretty much doing the same thing.

Though there is something amusing about the 20th episode celebrating the 20th Anniversary.

Omg I hooooooooooooooope this is true!!!!!!!

Another interesting episode, since Ash and Pikachu are going somewhere without any of their companions I wonder how their development will work out. Also that floating Pokémon is another surprise, I think it might be Ho-Oh though it might be one of the Totem Pokémon. Kinds weird that this isn't the 1000th episode, this would have been perfect for that time.

I'm glad that the main anime took the anniversary date instead of a random OVA or a clipshow. However, we're getting too much Episode 1 references. I hope this episode has a ton of continuity nods to make up for it, as I think the movie couldn't do straightfoward continuity nods.

Eh, not really interested in another Ash and Pikachu bonding episode. We've had like so many of them and honestly, Ash and Pikachu should be at the pinnacle of friendship right now. I just feel that this could have been something more interesting.

But this shining Pokemon thing should be interesting.

If this title is real, the TRio had better be in this episode as the only other original cast members!!

If this title is real, the TRio had better be in this episode as the only other original cast members!!
It'll be funny if they don't, after all it could be just Ash & Pikachu on their own with no one to bother them.

I have been drooling about this ever since the teaser came out. What do you guys think about the stark differences in animation between this one and the original version (first episodes of the Kanto arc that is)?

I have been drooling about this ever since the teaser came out. What do you guys think about the stark differences in animation between this one and the original version (first episodes of the Kanto arc that is)?
I think you're looking for the M20: I Choose You thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom