• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Just a little reminder in case people didn't know or had forgotten, but the Workshop has a Twitter account @bulbawriters If anyone here has a Twitter account, please give us a follow and feel free to tweet at us - the moderators are always here to respond! I also take any suggestions for ideas of how to grow it, whether you see an article worth sharing or a Twitter game we should participate in :)

Quite a stupid question: Why do people use Twitter?

I had a Twitter account, but I didn't use it and had vanished in to oblivion for like... 5 years? I don't even remember the last time I login to Twitter for any reason. In any case, I don't even have a reason to use Twitter.

I use it to keep track of the things I'm interested in, such as youtube producers and entertainers. They'll usually put out a message that they've uploaded a new video, or offer some sort of hilarious wisdom that'll bring a smile to my face.

The people who actually *use* it for anything else though, I don't understand.

Twitter is good for lots of reasons, though most of those are from an entertainment, political and current affairs perspective. If those aren't really things you are interested in, it isn't really for you (though shouldn't stop y'all from following ;) ) What's your Twitter handle @Eliza Prescott

The Workshop's already following me, so don't worry about it. Unless you want it for your personal account...

Go on! Marvel at its boringness!

I live in the past, think about the future. The current present is not my interest.

I live in the past, think about the future. The current present is not my interest.
But you cannot foresee the future, nor should one dwell in the past. If you drive straight into something you cannot see, then what's stopping you falling off a cliff that you could not see coming? And if you dwell in the past, then you're not moving forward, so why think about the future?

Do remember, yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That is why it is called the present. -someone, not entirely sure who so I'll attribute it to Oogway from Kung Fu Panda until I can find the right answer.

Quite a stupid question: Why do people use Twitter?

I had a Twitter account, but I didn't use it and had vanished in to oblivion for like... 5 years? I don't even remember the last time I login to Twitter for any reason. In any case, I don't even have a reason to use Twitter.

News, sport and politics. Quickest method for news.

For nowadays news, I go straight to Google News, and let it redirect me to any other news website.
Sport is not my thing. I'm an indoor person.
Politics... although not entirely uninterested, but I don't follow any politicians, I rather remain neutral.
And for contacting friends... When I had Whatsapp and Facebook, why need Twitter?

So just simply saying, Twitter is not for me.

Twitter and Facebook are very useful tools for knowing which of my family members to remove from my Christmas card list.

I got rid of my Facebook simply because it wouldn't leave me alone. If you've not completely embraced social media it sends out e-mail tentacles to try and grab you anyway
Christ, so much spam from them. The annoying bit was that you couldn't easily filter it because it'd come from multiple, randomized sources and a blanket ban on anything from facebook was ineffective. Methinks my e-mail provider was paid off to get them around filters and such.

Christ, so much spam from them. The annoying bit was that you couldn't easily filter it because it'd come from multiple, randomized sources and a blanket ban on anything from facebook was ineffective. Methinks my e-mail provider was paid off to get them around filters and such.

They probably were in some manner. Facebook is a prime advertising area.

I think the final straw was the way Facebook keeps bugging you to do more with it. I almost don't mind being advertised at - it's Facebook's greed for details of my life that really sticks in the throat.

I swear, the day the telescreens appear in our homes, they won't be put there by Westminster, it'll be bloody Google trying to techologise every aspect of life. And then there'll be nothing for it but to run for the forests wearing a fur bikini and wielding a spear fashioned from scrap metal. In the world I see, you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests ...

I think the final straw was the way Facebook keeps bugging you to do more with it. I almost don't mind being advertised at - it's Facebook's greed for details of my life that really sticks in the throat.

I swear, the day the telescreens appear in our homes, they won't be put there by Westminster, it'll be bloody Google trying to techologise every aspect of life. And then there'll be nothing for it but to run for the forests wearing a fur bikini and wielding a spear fashioned from scrap metal. In the world I see, you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests ...

And thanks to camera drones, you end up on Youtube.

For nowadays news, I go straight to Google News, and let it redirect me to any other news website.
Sport is not my thing. I'm an indoor person.
Politics... although not entirely uninterested, but I don't follow any politicians, I rather remain neutral.
And for contacting friends... When I had Whatsapp and Facebook, why need Twitter?

So just simply saying, Twitter is not for me.

90% of Google News is Actual click bait.

Congrats you're not interested in those things but people are and you asked why people use Twitter. Also you follow news correspondents for politics not actual politicians other wise you get total spin.

I love social media but FB is just chat and events. Insta and Snapchatis the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom