• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The "before making a game on the system we need to study how people use it" seems to support my assessment of Gamefreak never being early adopters. They can make a game on the Switch but that generally not how they operate. Same reason why we don't have backwards transfer Gamefreak is inflexible due in part due to the collection aspects of the games. I may have been historically incorrect about my predictions but I am confident of my understanding of their nature in that regard.

Black 2 and white 2 were not an outlier.

Also again people who gained a lot of cred lost a bunch of it when the switch presentation was predicted by a 4chan thread.

All this is just my opinion of course.

The "before making a game on the system we need to study how people use it" seems to support my assessment of Gamefreak never being early adopters. They can make a game on the Switch but that generally not how they operate. Same reason why we don't have backwards transfer Gamefreak is inflexible due in part due to the collection aspects of the games. I may have been historically incorrect about my predictions but I am confident of my understanding of their nature in that regard.

Black 2 and white 2 were not an outlier.

Also again people who gained a lot of cred lost a bunch of it when the switch presentation was predicted by a 4chan thread.

All this is just my opinion of course.

This is further supported by every other generation of Nintendo handheld's release date vs. the first Pokemon games to get on that system. The GBC and GBA didn't get their first Pokemon games for over a year, but when looking at systems like the DS, that came out in 2004, but DPPl didn't come out until late 2006. The 3DS came out in 2011 but didn't get a main series title until XY in 2013. What this tells us is that Gamefreak wants the system to be out for a year or two until releasing a title for it, that doesn't mean they aren't already developing something for the Switch, but my guess is the Gen VII will finish on the 3DS just like Gen V didn't go to the 3DS like a lot of people predicted for BW2.

This is further supported by every other generation of Nintendo handheld's release date vs. the first Pokemon games to get on that system. The GBC and GBA didn't get their first Pokemon games for over a year, but when looking at systems like the DS, that came out in 2004, but DPPl didn't come out until late 2006. The 3DS came out in 2011 but didn't get a main series title until XY in 2013. What this tells us is that Gamefreak wants the system to be out for a year or two until releasing a title for it, that doesn't mean they aren't already developing something for the Switch, but my guess is the Gen VII will finish on the 3DS just like Gen V didn't go to the 3DS like a lot of people predicted for BW2.

I guess they usually wait for an install base to make successful games. But, I guess Nintendo gave a nudge to GF to make Stars, since it would be a low-effort game compared to any other scenario, and would be a console-seller. Nintendo desperately wants Switch to be a success.

Where did you find that idea? Please tell me this is speculation.
Most likely speculation; I couldn't find a source.
The Kanto Pokemon have had so many upgrades over the years, but the region itself has been forgotten.
The last time we actually had an updated region was Gen V, and that and an OK Kanto region in the Johto games is the only time the region has been "updated". I don't think Kanto would be updated anytime soon, as the best time would have been last year for the 20th anniversary, yet we got Gen VII instead.

I guess they usually wait for an install base to make successful games. But, I guess Nintendo gave a nudge to GF to make Stars, since it would be a low-effort game compared to any other scenario, and would be a console-seller. Nintendo desperately wants Switch to be a success.

If Nintendo was able to give that nudge. I think they would have gotten Tempo on the Wii U. Or they would have been able to say "Think of something" when Masuda said the stadium series was caput for lack of purpose. Yeah the hybrid aspect makes things easier theoretically(can't say easier then porting a 2d platformer to the Wii u though). But at the same time the Switch is doing well they can let Gamefreak do their late adopter thing. Especially given SMT5 and FE15 are coming to the 3ds.

If Nintendo was able to give that nudge. I think they would have gotten Tempo on the Wii U. Or they would have been able to say "Think of something" when Masuda said the stadium series was caput for lack of purpose. Yeah the hybrid aspect makes things easier theoretically(can't say easier then porting a 2d platformer to the Wii u though). But at the same time the Switch is doing well they can let Gamefreak do their late adopter thing. Especially given SMT5 and FE15 are coming to the 3ds.

The problem with at least part of your argument is that Nintendo doesn't have any control over GF's non Pokémon games. Nintendo is part owner of the Pokemon franchise so they very much can "nudge" what they do with it. Iwata himself is one of the reasons they made the jump to 3d in the first place. Nintendo obviously can't do anything about games like Tembo as GF is a third party company and Nintendo has no real control of it. Pokémon is completely different from that tho.

Also as a side thing the reason the stadium style games are done is because of the switch to 3d. The original creation of the stadium games was to put Pokémon on the tv screen in 3d. They can obviously do both now without a side game.

Ps.other than the original stadium game GF has had really not much to do with the other games

Also, at Wii u's time they already had a portable-3DS. But Now they do not. So GF have no option. They didn't make games for Wii u becuase it wasn't totally portable, bit now it's portable. So Pokemon for Switch now is entirely possible.
If Nintendo tried to convince GF to make a game in Wii U, they'd get a curt "It isn't a portable" excuse. But witch Switch, they don't have that excuse.

Last edited:
Also, at Wii u's time they already had a portable-3DS. But Noe they do not. So GF had no option. They didn't make games for Wii u becuase it wasn't totally portable, bit now it's portable. So Pokemon for Switch now is entirely possible.
If Nintendo tried to convince GF to make a game in Wii U, they'd get a curt "It isn't a portable" excuse. But witch Switch, they don't have that excuse.

To add to this, the Wii U had a lot of development problems that, by all evidence, the Switch lacks.

I'm almost sure this is for gen 8, as new generations' development most of the time start after the previous one's pair is released. Also, they wouldn't drop the advancements done in character models and the Z move animations within the same gen.

I'm almost sure this is for gen 8, as new generations' development most of the time start after the previous one's pair is released. Also, they wouldn't drop the advancements done in character models and the Z move animations within the same gen.
I highly doubt that Gen 8 is coming out this year. Gen 7 hasn't got its chance to shine yet. I predict that there will be one more Gen VII game on the 3DS, preferably Sinnoh remakes. This might not even be for Pokemon.

I highly doubt that Gen 8 is coming out this year. Gen 7 hasn't got its chance to shine yet. I predict that there will be one more Gen VII game on the 3DS, preferably Sinnoh remakes. This might not even be for Pokemon.
I don't think they're saying that Gen 8 might come out soon, it's waaay soon for gen 8 right now, Gen 7 just started, they need maybe third game/ sequel, remake and spin-off game to finish the gen 7, no they saying that they should've just wait till gen 8 for nintendo switch to work better, but they planning on testing switch for pokemon, which is pokemon stars, which is a good way to test it out first instead of waiting till gen 8 (which it might be in 2019 or 2020). For Sinnoh Remake, I would prefer it to be on swtich, because diamond/pearl/platinum are playable on 3ds, and It's a lot better on switch than 3ds, because 3ds is reaching its limit, just like they did with sun and moon. So @RileyXY1 and @Nicolas721 , like we said before, we'll just have to wait till may or june and see what happens first

Also, at Wii u's time they already had a portable-3DS. But Now they do not. So GF have no option. They didn't make games for Wii u becuase it wasn't totally portable, bit now it's portable. So Pokemon for Switch now is entirely possible.

And they have the "it would be simpler to finish gen 7 first because trading between 3ds and switch is hard" excuse now. They aren't early adopters and I don't think Nintendo can force them to be.

And they have the "it would be simpler to finish gen 7 first because trading between 3ds and switch is hard" excuse now. They aren't early adopters and I don't think Nintendo can force them to be.
I don't know how the whole trading between 3ds and switch would work, It would make since pokebank, but physically trading between 3ds and switch

I wonder if we'll see new megas for pokemon stars, new alolan forms and new exclusive z-move, or we'll see megas in the future fully improved, what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom