• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most disappointing Alola Pokémon?

Incineroar should've stayed on all four instead of becoming a pseudo-Fire/Fighting type, this was obviously GF absolutely fucking with us. Should've stayed on all fours and became like a Fire/Electric feline.

I'm genuinely annoyed that Decidueye loses Flying-type without gaining HA Levitate, they've done it with Flygon and Hydreigon to acknowledge that these non-Flying type Pokémon still retain the ability to fly, why couldn't this have been done for Decidueye?

Necrozma looks so cool but pretty much sucks. It's signature move is a slightly better, STAB, Hyper Beam, which is completely unusable competitively. The stats are odd too.

In general a lot of things this generation are slow, I like fast things.

Stilt owls (which Decidueye is at least partly based on,) were flightless birds.

I'd disregard that relation considering his pre-evolutions literally are Flying-types.
His prevos are based on barn owls. It wouldn't be the first time a Pokemon changes inspiration upon evolution.

His prevos are based on barn owls. It wouldn't be the first time a Pokemon changes inspiration upon evolution.

Oh come on it's based on like three or four different kinds of owls, it has slight resemblances and traits from all of them at best.

Taken straight from Bulbapedia:

"Decidueye may be inspired by an archer and an owl. It is most similar to the pueo owl in particular, which is a common physical form of the aumakua or ancestral spirits in Hawaiian culture. This may account for its Ghost typing. Additionally, it has some traits similar to the common barn owl - which in some territories is also known as the "ghost owl" - and the extinct stilt-owl. In general, an association between the supernatural and owls was once a very common motif, as they were seen as both bearers of death and disturbed spirits throughout history. Decidueye also resembles common depictions of the English folk hero Robin Hood."

Key part: "most similar to the pueo owl in particular"

The Pueo owl can in fact fly, it's a Hawaiian owl, and fun fact, the island it lives on the most is Oahu which is the island you start on in Sun and Moon,

fun facts aside, it's primarily based on an owl capable of flight as well as the barn owl.

I agree with the first post, I was so excited to use Togedemaru on my first playthrough, and then I came to realise it doesn't learn any Steel type moves either. What annoys me about that simple fact though is that there are so many options it could have; Iron Tail? Smart Strike? They could have even made a new base 75/80bp Steel move called Shock Spikes or something that has a 10% chance to paralyze? I see it getting maybe Iron Head in the next games thanks to tutors, but it was disappointing for Sun/Moon.

Also Oricorio... if they just left them be and didn't mess with the nectar changes, we'd have them with better moves lol.

Crabominable frustrates me.A huge attack stat and an offensive STAB type combo that hits half of all existing types for super effective damage sounds amazing but crabominable is also weak to 6 types, has piss poor speed, below average defensive stats, and no priority moves in its moveset.

Crabominable frustrates me.A huge attack stat and an offensive STAB type combo that hits half of all existing types for super effective damage sounds amazing but crabominable is also weak to 6 types, has piss poor speed, below average defensive stats, and no priority moves in its moveset.
That’s why you run it with a Choice Scarf.

I hate Tapu Bulu. The Taup I use the least, it’s design, typing, and movepool are the worst of the Tapu. If you want an offensive grass Pokemon, you should just use Kartana. It’s Fairy type goes unused because it can’t use Play Rough. A Poison move like Sludge Wave will 1HKO it because it’s 4x weak to it. It’s weak to 5 types and has no good counters to any, besides Poison, Steel and Ice, but Poison and Ice moves are common on other Pokemon besides those types.

Does anyone here even bother with Dewpider or its evolution? I thought it might at least be a good new water type, but the slow speed and low stats generally kill it.

Does anyone here even bother with Dewpider or its evolution? I thought it might at least be a good new water type, but the slow speed and low stats generally kill it.
Yes. Get a bulky set and go to town with Liquidation, annoy with Infestation, and I don't even remember what else. I don't usually use it, but my friend has a pretty cool one, it's Liquidation hits harder than it would be expected.

Alolan Raichu.

When I saw it and that it's a surfer, my thought was along the lines of it being part water type. An electric/water type would not have been bad at all for this game. And it would have been nice to get away from the existing two with that type combo.

Nope. Psychic type. The type that I have the least use for in this set.
Seriously disappointing that it's a surfer yet it can't learn Surf. It would have been a great addition.

Seriously disappointing that it's a surfer yet it can't learn Surf. It would have been a great addition.
I agreeeeeee.
I also am sour that Alolan Raichu can’t learn Electric Terrain via level up, it has to be an egg move. Surge Surfer makes you outspeed everything AND boosts electric moves. Why!? Do they want you to have a Tapu Koko Doubles Set using 2 electric types?

Of the ones I have used I found Vikavolt insanely unsatisfying. First off I wanted him as a constant part of my team, but because of it only evovling on Poni Island. I did not use him for 80% of the game. Secondly soo slow.

Another I recently went with for good laughs was Aloan Golem. I had my eye on this guy from the reveal, but due to the fact that he learns almost no electric moves and due him being rock he cannot be used to much except reck flying types. Well I went through the league with him none the less. :)

Of those I have not used I really cannot Bruxish, due to looks only. Silvally due to getting it so late in the game. Lastly Crabominable. Worst evolution in a long time.. yikes!

I found out how bad Oricorio is. It can’t learn any Electric, Fire, Ghost, or Psychic moves outside of Revelation Dance. If it had more options for coverage(Using a Fire move on PomPom to get rid of that Ice weakness for example) that would be gucci. I think Volt Switch can be learned by PomPom, Flame Burst for Balie, Luster Purge for Pa’u, and Sensu gets Hex, all at level 1, so you need to use the Move Relearner..

I was honestly disappointed with Salazzle. The design, typing, and general role are all perfectly fine, it's just not what I expected a Salandit to evolve into, and it's ability is a rather poor fit.
I was honestly expecting something like a huge, bulky komodo dragon with huge walling potential. You know, something that can get a real kick out of Corrosion. Instead we get a (admittedly quite good) special sweeper, and I'm just left thinking "why are you the poster girl for the Corrosion ability?" I mean, what's the point of being able to poison literally everything of you're just gonna 2HKO anything you look at anyway? What is the point? It has next to nothing to gain from poisoning things.

I was honestly disappointed with Salazzle. The design, typing, and general role are all perfectly fine, it's just not what I expected a Salandit to evolve into, and it's ability is a rather poor fit.
I was honestly expecting something like a huge, bulky komodo dragon with huge walling potential. You know, something that can get a real kick out of Corrosion. Instead we get a (admittedly quite good) special sweeper, and I'm just left thinking "why are you the poster girl for the Corrosion ability?" I mean, what's the point of being able to poison literally everything of you're just gonna 2HKO anything you look at anyway? What is the point? It has next to nothing to gain from poisoning things.
That could have been Salandit’s male evolution, where it evolves at a higher level to make up for it being much more common.

1. How does a werewolf not have a Dark type. Werewolves are evil.

2. I wanted Alolan Marowak to be dead so that Cubone could finally see its dead mother.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom