• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I kind of just want to move to the next generation already.
it's too soon to move to gen 8, maybe gen 8 will be in 2019
here some game prediction for gen 7
pokemon "stars" - 2017
gen 4 remake - 2018
mystery dungeon - 2018
gen 8 - 2019

If we don't get a game announcement within the next few months, I'm willing to bet we'll be moving along to Gen 8 very soon, probably late next year :)

The Sun/Moon director recently stated that the number of Pokémon has "grown too high" with regard to completing the Pokédex, so I very much doubt they're going to introduce a bunch more anytime soon tbh :p

If we don't get a game announcement within the next few months, I'm willing to bet we'll be moving along to Gen 8 very soon, probably late next year :)

There are some problems with that.

The big one is that over half the pokedex are locked behind Bank and Gen 6, including legendaries. GF has usually mad sure all those pokemon were available within the generation (the one exception being Gen 5, where Unown, Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu and past games box mascots are directly unavailable) So while I think it is possible, I don't think its likely.

There are some problems with that.

The big one is that over half the pokedex are locked behind Bank and Gen 6, including legendaries. GF has usually mad sure all those pokemon were available within the generation (the one exception being Gen 5, where Unown, Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu and past games box mascots are directly unavailable) So while I think it is possible, I don't think its likely.

Well did you notice that there isn't even a national dex in Gen 6? What point would all the Pokemon serve if you couldn't register them in the Pokedex?

Easy fix! You can easily still play Gen 6 games and breed in those games, and move them over into Gen 7 games for whatever floats your boat. I'm going to assume either competitive battling or something to replace some of the dull Pokemon in Gen 7.

Well did you notice that there isn't even a national dex in Gen 6? What point would all the Pokemon serve if you couldn't register them in the Pokedex?

Easy fix! You can easily still play Gen 6 games and breed in those games, and move them over into Gen 7 games for whatever floats your boat. I'm going to assume either competitive battling or something to replace some of the dull Pokemon in Gen 7.
There is a National Dex in Gen 6...
And if you were talking about Gen 7, the recent Pokemon Bank update added a National Dex feature for the app, so technically there is a Gen 7 National Dex.

There is a National Dex in Gen 6...
And if you were talking about Gen 7, the recent Pokemon Bank update added a National Dex feature for the app, so technically there is a Gen 7 National Dex.
Technically, I guess. But it is strange to not have a National Dex feature in the literal game. Feels super incomplete.

Also, I finally obtained a Switch. Let's just say there is no way we are not getting a couple massive PKMN titles for it. It's an OK home console, but it's a monster in terms of mobile gaming. PKMN will do phenomenally on this platform.

Technically, I guess. But it is strange to not have a National Dex feature in the literal game. Feels super incomplete.

Also, I finally obtained a Switch. Let's just say there is no way we are not getting a couple massive PKMN titles for it. It's an OK home console, but it's a monster in terms of mobile gaming. PKMN will do phenomenally on this platform.

I am actually pondering trading in my PS4 and X1 toward a Switch. These systems are getting really expensive.

I definitely think a Pokemon game will come on the Switch sooner than later, if development isn't the cause for delay, GF may be waiting for supply of the Switch to be more steady. A main series Pokemon game will make it sell out in it's own right. I think GF would be wise for the user base to be more established.

The Sun/Moon director recently stated that the number of Pokémon has "grown too high" with regard to completing the Pokédex, so I very much doubt they're going to introduce a bunch more anytime soon tbh :p
But you can just use gts! It's not hard I want more Pokemon damnit! Anyways I'm leaning more toward gen 4 remakes now. I know gen 4 remakes followed by gen 8 is predictable and they want to surprise people but it just fits too well.

News about something may be coming, considering how much the anime seems to be dragging out Ash's adventures on Melemele island.

Thinking about it a bit more I think if they will save Stars for 2018 holiday release. This current holiday will be taken up by Mario, and Nintendo would do well to not over crowd their games and give people a bit of room to breath, plus doing so would let the Switch build up a bit more of a user base and keep the hype train running, and really making sure that you can keep the hype train properly running is very important. Also isn't it kinda strange how they have done a bit of hyping up of Gen 4 new movie, I mean I could understand some common pokemon showing up from that gen in the movie, but they showed Piplup, and the big kicker is Lucario and one thing to think about is the fact that Lucario is honestly the face of Gen 4 even more than the starters and the legendaries of that Gen. So now I'm expecting Gen 4 remakes to be the swan song for the 3ds with Stars being the first game on the switch and something of a soft test for the switch with Gen 8 being the big show on it.

News about something may be coming, considering how much the anime seems to be dragging out Ash's adventures on Melemele island
Mainly because Ash's school is on Melemele island, though they have been onto many different islands and it's only been 23 episodes in, so a bit too early to judge in my opinion
Could Gen 7 last 4 years? Developing a new generation on the Switch may take more time than usual.
It should last at least 3 years, since all Generations except Gen I have lasted that long. But then again GF can change it around, but then again why would they cut a generation short?

It should last at least 3 years, since all Generations except Gen I have lasted that long. But then again GF can change it around, but then again why would they cut a generation short?

Are you sure about that? By Japanese releases, it goes like this:

• Gen I: 1996-1999 (3 years)
  • Gen II: 1999-2002 (3 Years)
  • Gen III: 2002-2006 (4 years)
  • Gen IV: 2006-2010 (4 years)
  • Gen V: 2010-2013 (3 Years)
  • Gen VI: 2013-2016 (3 Years)
  • Gen VII: 2016-???
Gen I had an initial pair and a third version (released within 8 months of each other), then a special edition later on. Gen II has its initial pair and a third version Gen III and IV had their initial pairs, a pair of remakes and a third version each. Gen V had its initial pair and, uniquely enough, a pair of sequels. Gen VI had its initial pair and a pair of remakes, forgoing the third version (though tbh, it sort of needed one). Now what remains to be seen is if Gen VII goes whole hog with a third version/sequels and a remake, or only one of the two. Each gen, even Gen I, had a break year in Japanese releases (though up to Gen V, they could have been just waiting for the rest of the world to be up to date with localisation and everything). This year could be a break year, but having just had had one in 2015, the only reason I can see GF doing that is if there is a fo-sho Switch game coming in 2018, which could be a very intensive development process.

I have no idea on what is going to happen, but what I would like to happen is:
  • 2017 - Stars/third version
  • 2018/19 - Break year/Gen IV remakes
  • 2020 - Gen VIII
In terms of what system any of these games would be on, I don't care. If this thread has taught me anything, it's that it's best not to open that can of worms, so I'm down with whatever.

Also, the rumors about stars all seem to indicate the Switch PKMN title was developed alongside Sun and Moon. A game on the Switch most likely will be a third version Gen VII game. Personally, I feel it will be announced at E3 and be available a lot sooner than expected.

• Gen I: 1996-1999 (3 years)
  • Gen II: 1999-2002 (3 Years)
  • Gen III: 2002-2006 (4 years)
  • Gen IV: 2006-2010 (4 years)
  • Gen V: 2010-2013 (3 Years)
  • Gen VI: 2013-2016 (3 Years)
  • Gen VII: 2016-???
I meant for America, it was less than 3 years for Gen 1. Also, no generation has ever passed the 4 year mark in Japan. Gen III missed it by about 2 months, and Gen IV missed it by 10 (insert derogatory term here) days. Therefore, the most logical release for the new Generation is 2019, but 2020 works just fine, too. I see the break year as 2018, as 2019 would have completed the "5 year remake" pattern that we have seen happen. Therefore, 2017 may introduce Stars, or if it doesn't maybe the Sinnoh remakes (this breaking the pattern I have stated beforehand).
Also, the rumors about stars all seem to indicate the Switch PKMN title was developed alongside Sun and Moon. A game on the Switch most likely will be a third version Gen VII game. Personally, I feel it will be announced at E3 and be available a lot sooner than expected.
If I remember correctly (which I probably don't), not a single new core series Pokemon game was announced at E3. Footage was shown, but the game being announced never happened. Also, if Stars was developed alongside Sun and Moon, we should be seeing a release date coming up within half a year from the release of SM, which so far I don't see happening. However, GF is a tricky little company; they may just pull a reveal trailer the day after my response goes public and completely disprove what I say, but hey that's speculation.

Sircookie is right they don't announce at E3 ever.

Could be wrong but I seem to recall ORAS was just announced randomly one day. I don't think they had said anything, just released the trailer on line, think it was May or June after XY just logged onto serebii there it was

Yep just checked the archive OR AS was announced on 7th May 2014 ( only 2 weeks until 7th May) on a short YouTube video.

There was no build up to the announcement they just uploaded it to YouTube with no advance warning

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom