• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

I have a question on the side story episode Kasumi get the blue badge/the blue badge of courage. I the dub Misty says "he's been assisting professor Oak the last few years" in reference to Tracy. I looked on your episode comparison and didn't see that as a text edit, so I was wondering if this was said in the original version. I know it may not mean a whole lot since its just a side story episode, but I thought it was interesting she would refer to what basically amounts to the time in Johto and some change as a few years. Obviously a hint at the passage of time means a lot more if it was said in the original than in the dub.

I actually HOPE some of that footage isn't in the final product.

I know the Movies formula(s) just don't cut it anymore, but I REALLY don't want it to be the first 4 episodes or so with new animation. I doubt I'm alone...

It'll be nice to see those ancient, awkward comparisons with the Pikachu icons get phased out with this project. And a lot of people, myself included, don't really know much about the Japanese version of late-Kanto so I'm excited to know more. :)

This Paras episode isn't one of my favorites as well. A lot of nostalgic fans will go "well, at least in in the first season the fillers were y'know watchable," but I look at this episode and the Kamonegi and Yadon episodes that come later and I just can't agree.

Also, it's really weird how the English Pokédex entries for Paras just kept "tochukaso" as it is when there's already an English name for the fungus. Maybe it was just a space issue?

Last edited:
I remember thinking "y'know what if he's secretly built up all these Kanto comparisons over the past few weeks and the 'big announcement' was that he was gonna release all of them throughout the next few weeks" but then pushing the thought away bc it was too ridiculous and the update was probably gonna be something like starting an episode review section for episodes that you don't want to do comparisons for.

I'm really glad I was wrong!

Not sure if he'll actually be able to pull this off, but I wish him the best of luck (y)

And it's SOOOOO amusing AND ironic they bring up Pokemon evolving by winning battles back then considering how most have evolved since ;)

lol I was expecting the rest of the movies for 2017, you don't know how glad I am about you finishing the Kanto episodes.

While it's the worst telling story with a bunch of innacuracies, errors, random things, unexplained plots, etc... out of the series for me. Kanto will always stay as my favorite series, it marked my childhood, had more adult jokes (who'll ever forget Tarsan looking at Kasumi's breasts xD) and frequent use of Japanese culture and language.

That guitar drawing that replaced the music store sign actually doesn't really stick out like a sore thumb compared to the other sign edits of the Kanto era. So good job to 4Kids' 1999!paint editors. :p

I've noticed you've started romanizing ニャース as Nyarth when you've spelled it Nyasu all these years. Any reason why? :)

I really agree with the whole pedophilia thing. Dr. Doc's dub voice having a somewhat stereotypical predator-y tone to his voice only made it worse.

They sorta remade this episode at the very end of the Battle Frontier saga in "The Pokémon Center is Very Busy!" but yeah, it's sorta surprising that they haven't reused this premise often considering how other filler plots get reused.

Last edited:
Dogasu, [insert appropriate sycophancy and agreement about how creepy Dr Doku is] but WHY perpetrate the nonsense that Musashi might be underage?! All (reliable) evidence points to her and Kojiro being in their mid-20s and people actually take what you say seriously!

I'm really glad you focused on the grossness of Dr. Proctor hitting on Misty. Just the other day I pointed out on Tumblr about how ridiculous it is that there's "fanservice" on this show for a bunch of 10 year olds and how a lot of the fandom seems to forget they're 10. I'm glad *some* people in this fandom realize how gross stuff like this is.

As for Jessie being underage, I've heard early-20s from the Japanese version but I could've sworn I've heard 17 too. I can never keep track of what age has come from what source.

As for Jessie being underage, I've heard early-20s from the Japanese version but I could've sworn I've heard 17 too. I can never keep track of what age has come from what source.

I believe she's in her early-twenties. Doesn't look like an underage to me at all, neither Kojirou.
I've seen rumors Trio're 17, but the source gave Takeshi the same age, which seems pretty nonsense taking in acc he's smaller than them.
In my opinion Takeshi should be 16\17 and Trio 21\22.

I'm honestly kind of surprised there isn't a "Lucky's Medical Charts"-type episode in every series.

That, dear boy, ifs because after Kanto the producers decided to make the TV Show as safe and predictable as possible for an international audience :(

Though what IS the age of consent in Japan anyway?o_O I've heard different numbers over the years.

Now that I remember, both Musashi and Kojirou drove cars already, right? Not sure about the driving age in Japan, but assuming it's 18 (like in Europe and South America), they should be older than 17. Early-20s is still my guess.

Back
Top Bottom