• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Logo diamonds cause Pokemon to transform shape, like Ash-Greninja. (= false)

You can ride almost any Pokémon. (FAR from true, but maybe they meant you can ride Pokémon almost anywhere, which is true).

These were the only titbits which were false from Chinese leak.
Maybe the second one refers to the walking Pokemon, and the first may just have used the wrong example, since Ash Greninja is the only thing we've got which can be described remotely as such a form.
I need my Z-Form Typhlosion

we need to rumors/leaks thread again!

The Chinese leaker? If that's true, there may be a 50% chance there maybe something tomorrow. I was just waiting for some info, since my summer breaks have started!
First day of summer breaks with the Chinese leaker.

I think there may be a fair chance that it's Stars related.
Oh no, not the one who leaked the Chinese leak. The one who discovered the Chinese leak after the Salandit reveal.

But nevermind, he then said the hacker was @SciresM instead of a Chinese hacker.

I think people on Chinese forums are misreading SciresM's tweets.

EDIT: PokeJungle said they confirmed that SciresM wasn't talking about Pokemon.

Last edited:
Private message between me and PokeJungle.

Ah gotcha. Thanks. Did he say what exactly it was about? Game related in general or is it just something completely different from what everyone would even care about? lol

Well, so much for that. Every day that passes, a new Pokemon game gets less and less likely.
If you mean for the Switch, then I'd love to know where you got your time-travelling powers. Just because a new leak is debunked doesn't keep us any further away from the likelihood of a Pokemon Switch game; it's the same as before that leak. In fact, the more time that passes, the older the 3DS gets, and the less reason to make yet another main-title Pokemon game for it.

Is it possible they'll do a pokemon game on Switch mini instead of regular Nintendo Switch? I mean Nintendo are used to pokemon being on handheld, but they never done a main series on console, but only on spin-offs games. If the main series be on a console, then how will we trade pokemon and battle other trainers? When it comes to a console like Xbox One and PS4, you always require a Internet to play, not to mention paying for a membership card to play with other player. Plus aren't Nintendo, GF, Pokemon Company to make a game that suppose to target for kids, okay yes teenagers and adults can play it, but they are worried about the cost of a system. Not only you have to pay $300 ($400 in walmart and gamestop), but you have pay $60 for each game and pay $50 (still free right now, but it'll change in later 2017) for the membership to play with others. I don't think the parents will able to afford the game and system for the kids. They wouldn't mind paying for Nintendo 3ds, 3ds xl, N3DS XL, 2ds, and N2DS XL. So maybe they'll do a pokemon game on Switch Mini to reduce the cost of the Switch to help kids buy it better, instead of paying up $500-$600 for it. Which is a reason they should hold off of putting pokemon on Switch.

Last edited:
if the main series be on a console, then how will we trade pokemon and battle other trainers?
you can trade between other consoles though.

but i agree spending $500-600 on a single video game is outrageous.

The thing everyone needs to keep reminding themselves is the Switch, at its core, is not a home console. It is a MONSTER of a handheld, with the ability to display through a monitor. A PKMN game on Switch is not going to be the first home console game. No. It will be the most souped-up handheld Pocket Monsters game to date, with the ability to be displayed on a larger screen. Let's call it what it is.

The first Switch game likely will be a third version. A new Lycanroc form, maybe some new Alola or Mega's, updated the construction spots in each town with gyms. This will launch this year, for both Switch and DS. Bank will be updated with Switch compatibility to transfer between the systems. No trading/battling cross systems. Next year, DP remakes on both systems, same compatibility as Stars. Switch will then have Gen 8 exclusively, and DS era is over. And so it shall be.

@BlindCaptainDrip If the 3ds era is over, why would nintendo announce a N2DS XL we just have Nintendo switch for two months and then they announced the upgraded version of 2DS, which indicate that the 3ds era is still alive and won't be going away for a while.

@BlindCaptainDrip If the 3ds era is over, why would nintendo announce a N2DS XL we just have Nintendo switch for two months and then they announced the upgraded version of 2DS, which indicate that the 3ds era is still alive and won't be going away for a while.

Yeah. I'm thinking it's more likely that, if we get a Pokemon game this year, it'll be on 2DS/3DS this year, and then Gen VIII on Switch in 2018.

Lol, bro.. did you read my post?? I said Stars and DP remakes would be on both systems.. then Switch exclusivity for Gen 8.. *facepalm*

That gives 2+ more years for the DS. That's a great window of time for a new 2DS. Understand the 2DS is only launched to sweep in the stragglers that find the 3DS as too expensive. If anything, the release of a new 2DS should be more indicative of the end of an era than the continuation of one. 2+ years of sales, third version and remakes coming to the system. Be thankful for that. Make no mistake, the Switch is a handheld. Nintendo no longer will be making 'home consoles'. The Switch is meant to take the DS place, with a monitor display feature. Considering Nintendo handheld system sales have dwarfed their consoles for years, Switch-ing it up is genius.

Last edited:
It doubt it would be on both system because of how their would be no point to put it on Switch because porting it to it from the 3DS would just cause the game to under-perform and its high performance is the only reason people think it would be on Switch instead of 3DS, and if they were to upgrade it from 3DS to use everything the Switch has or downgrade it to be able to run on 3DS, well that would basically be making a completely different game with more or less detailed models to new code and all that I really doubt they would be able to do that especially for a release this year.

It doubt it would be on both system because of how their would be no point to put it on Switch because porting it to it from the 3DS would just cause the game to under-perform and its high performance is the only reason people think it would be on Switch instead of 3DS, and if they were to upgrade it from 3DS to use everything the Switch has or downgrade it to be able to run on 3DS, well that would basically be making a completely different game with more or less detailed models to new code and all that I really doubt they would be able to do that especially for a release this year.
Which is why, as stated above (sigh) there will be no cross compatibility between systems outside of Bank. That way, monsters can be transferred from the DS to Switch, and any graphics of performance issues would be null due to having no true console to console communication aside from the Bank cloud.

I'm not talking about inconsistent between versions I'm talking about how long and how difficult it would take to make what basically equals two different games with different code and different assets.

I'm not talking about inconsistent between versions I'm talking about how long and how difficult it would take to make what basically equals two different games with different code and different assets.
From my understanding, the coding and assets will be essentially the same. Graphics will be sharper, and lag will be extremely reduced. I feel many people are overthinking simple business concepts.

I'm still wondering what lillie meant by "Z-powered form", I don't want to bring up the "Z-Forms" speculation again, but is it likely they'll be a thing for the next game or does "Z-powered form" means something?

Back
Top Bottom