• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rare Pairings

Some more incredibly bizarre rarepairs I happen to enjoy:

InterimShipping (Archer & Saturn) - Both take "notice me senpai!" to a whole new level, and would likely get along on those grounds.
SecretFireShipping (Lusamine & Malva) - Bad girls know how to have fun.
DistributionShipping (Cedric Juniper & Professor Willow) - Hey, they'd make pretty good friends, at least.

Hum... I like Awakened shipping (the ship between M1!Mewtwo and M16!Mewtwo), I don't know why but... I like it, is cute to me, and I wrote fanfics of them. But... I never understood the name of this shipping.

I really love HardenedAffectionShipping (Roxanne x Jasmine) - They would look so cute together!

Also WhiteSquareShipping (Hilda x Rosa) - Once again, they'd be really cute together.

I actually tried looking for fanart for these ships and sadly didn't find much. (I resorted to trying to draw my own but the result was pretty bad.)

LeafWhipShipping (Ash's Bulbasaur x Ash's Bayleef)

I have this headcanon where Bayleef feels terrible at Oak's laboratory (which was shown during her temporary stint with Oak during the Whirl Cup), and then Bulbasaur helps Bayleef to feel more at home. During the process, the two Grass Pokemon end up falling madly in love with each other. I actually named this shipping and got it on the big shipping list with all the shipping names, and wrote this fic about it.

Ash/Clemont is one I really like but have seen nothing for
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
I don't know if it's rare, but I spent my entire Moon playthrough roleplaying it like FeMC and Lillie were an item. I don't know why, but I had a lot of fun imagining our little Alolan transplant getting the girl, right there under poor Hau's nose.

Sycamore x Norman: I feel like Sycamore could help Norman become more expressive and certain of himself outside of his gym leader setting, opening up to new experiences whereas Norman would help Sycamore discover confidence in himself as well as his own abilities pushing him beyond what he thought of himself initially. Plus they come off as very romantic to one another. Obviously this would be set after the divorce from Norman's side since I can't ever see him cheating or having an affair, his wife on the other hand....

Back
Top Bottom