• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
AceTrainer14
Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• omg you’re alive. how have you been??
    Reactions: AceTrainer14
    kintsugi
    kintsugi
    Haha yeah, promising to update on a certain day and then not doing it goes together like peanut butter and jelly, I feel ya.

I was hoping real life’s been treating you okay! Pandemic’s been kind of a shitshow for us on the other side of the pond but I was hoping elsewhere was okay. I’m still plugging away at my job, my house didn’t burn down, I’ve yet to get the rona—relatively speaking I’m doing great lol.

(Truly no obligation to catch up on my writing lol. Real life and your own projects come first, roughly in that order)
    AceTrainer14
    AceTrainer14
    Need to try and get some writing/editing/updating done before my work picks up again for the year...

The pandemic was a lot better here in NZ compared to the US but the anxiety of everything has been exhausting. Work has been the main factor - working in news during a pandemic has not been terribly easy or relaxing! Moved into a new job that was actually a lot less stressful in July last year, but then in August we went back into lockdown and didn't get out until December so that was just exhausting.
    kintsugi
    kintsugi
    Haha, yeah, the eternal struggle. I'm glad that the pandemic has been better for y'all but it's such a low bar to be better that I'm unsurprised it hasn't been great for you either, rip. Are you guys able to work remote? Quarantine treating you okay?
    Hey, I have been reading through Eight Easy Steps and came upon this..."and this was a pretty hot, powerful blast, just like when a – I shan't finish this, I believe this blog is T rated." I am not T-rated and am at a complete loss as to what she would be saying.
    AceTrainer14
    AceTrainer14
    Which chapter is this? If it's older stuff, most of that was written so long ago I can't remember any of it.
    Oh yeah Ace, I'm sure you need judges again for awards season and I'd be glad to be it again. Was sad I missed it the past time or two but want to get back in the swing of things. So, if you'll have me, I'd love to do it.
    Soulmaster
    Soulmaster
    I can't tell if you're ignoring me or if you don't need any judges. Could you at least tell me one way or the other?
    AceTrainer14
    AceTrainer14
    Hey, sorry I didn't see this - it's better to PM me than comment here, I never look here. I am just waiting to confirm with a few other judges and seeing how the noms turn out so I'll let you know in a few days if I need more people - thanks for volunteering! :)
    AceTrainer14
    AceTrainer14
    Hey again - if you are still keen to help out, we got a surge of nominations at the last minute so could really use your help after all! :D
    I'm sorry I did not PM you before I made the edits to my Moonlight Silver feature--just so it does not happen again, should I PM you and let you know before I make any edits, or after I make any edits?
    AceTrainer14
    AceTrainer14
    No, I was simply saying that in that instance you should've PMed me as opposed to making a note of it
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    All right, I will remember that for next time.
    Hello! Would it be okay if I were to remove the quality warning I posted at the beginning of Chapter 5 of Land of the Roses? I haven't actually edited the chapter any since I've posted it (barely had time to look over it, honestly), and I intended to do so before the nomination period was over. Or should I just keep it?
    AceTrainer14
    AceTrainer14
    I can remove it if you desperately want it gone, but it will only be about three or so weeks
    Misfit Angel
    Misfit Angel
    Ah, ok, don't worry about it then. I was just a little concerned it might reflect poorly on me. But I'll honor the rules of the awards.
    Yo Ace, I forget the details about eligibility for awards. For a story that made it into the judging round but did not win anything, is there a word limit required before it can be nominated again? What about for a story that was nominated but did not make it into the judging round?
    diamondpearl876
    diamondpearl876
    Awards start at end of November, right? I might have to do NaNoWriMo to kick my ass into gear...
    AceTrainer14
    AceTrainer14
    No definite dates yet, Im still on leave so Ill confirm when I get back, and as usual things will be announced about a week before the start
    diamondpearl876
    diamondpearl876
    Ah, okay. Sorry to bug you on your break. XD Hope it's been a good one!
    Hey, no worries or anything, but I finally wrote my half for CB. I, uh, think we should probably finish that soon, because we're months late and I think Athena may want our blood.
    AceTrainer14
    AceTrainer14
    I'll be done with 8ES soon since I kind of took a break from here to do it and havent finished it yet cause I've only realised near the end what a stupid concept for a chapter it is but woo PM it to me and I'll get cracking
    Yo Ace, quick question for you.

What is the writing section's stance on smoking in written works? It's not exactly clear in the ratings guide. I have one character planned in my fic who would be smoking a cigar only for one scene, just wanted to know if I should put a warning at the front of that chapter for it.
    AceTrainer14
    AceTrainer14
    That should be fine for Everyone if you have a mention. BTW, I'm on a break at the moment so best to send any queries to AetherX.
    GastlyGibus
    GastlyGibus
    Oh, I was not aware. But thanks anyways. Have a fun break!
    You have a lot of awards for writing. You must teach me your ways so that I may, one day, be a good writer XD
    Hey Ace! I've been telling myself I need to get involved with the Workshop again (been meaning to make some posts but I'm lazy as is >_>) and saw that you need an extra Journey judge and figured I could help, since I've read most of the stories in the category.

Or if you need to put me anywhere else really, that's fine too! Just figured I would lend a hand given that you still need one, of course. Thanks!
    AceTrainer14
    AceTrainer14
    Yes please! That will be a huge help, thanks s much for the offer! I think that is everything filled now :D
    Reactions: Life
    If I had known LaON's rewrite thread was eligible for the awards, I may have worked a bit harder to get another update in on time. XD Oh, well.
    AceTrainer14
    AceTrainer14
    You still have two weeks to write a new chapter if you want. If you don't want it to compete you are welcome to have it removed, but might be nice to see if your efforts have paid off?
    diamondpearl876
    diamondpearl876
    Oh, two weeks? That's nice. I could possibly try to get chapter 1 out, then. Either way I don't want it removed - it was nice to see someone nominated it already, and like you said, leaving it up could pay off.
    Hey Ace, I just saw the awards announcement. If y'all need judges again this time around I'd love to. I don't know if y'all will but I figure I'll at least offer to do it : )
    AceTrainer14
    AceTrainer14
    Hello. Thanks for the offer but we are trying to bring some new blood in to keep the awards and opinions fresh. Thanks again though :)
    Yo. Hate to bring something like this up, but it would appear that a majority of the banners in the Hall of Fame 2011 - Present thread seem to have been nuked off of the internet. Seems like the image host is still there, but the images aren't.
    AceTrainer14
    AceTrainer14
    Thanks for bringing something like this to my attention, but I can see all of them on my end and most of them were posted ages ago by someone else. Have you tried refreshing the page?
    Misfit Angel
    Misfit Angel
    Ah, a hard refresh and clearing out my cache fixed it. Strange, but relieving.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom