Arylett Charnoa

Current Interest: M and N from Xenoblade 3.
Voice: Practicing voice things for fun. Am not aspiring to be professional. I call these Futility.
What I wished I sounded like - AI Model Ines/Elevenlabs.
My actual real voice unaltered - the original performance I provided for the above.

Profile banner drawn by me.

As ever, I am still working on the perfect fursona for myself.
It would be hard to make you understand, but believe me when I say I have been trying to realize my fursona for my entire life and have never been satisfied. My art skills just aren't good enough for what I want to do. I have poured sweat, tears, and damaged hands over this. I am someone who has NO ability to imagine pictures in my head, so this has only made things far more difficulty. That is my main flaw as an artist and is why I need a clearcut reference to function.

Let me be plain with you: I am a 32 year old married woman and yes, I will admit it - a shameless humanoid animal connoisseur or as you may want to call me: a furry. Though I'm not super old, I feel I have experienced much in this lifetime. So judge me however you like.

I am nothing special - spending as much time as I can in my own little world. When I'm not doing that, I'm probably drawing [obsessively redesigning whatever fursona I deign to represent me at the time - I'm doing my best to create the BIG ONE which has been deemed as a white domestic cat/maine coon type], working on my projects, or playing Pokemon/Final Fantasy XIV.

My favorite beasts are domestic felines, canines of all types, and fluffy mammalian draconic serpents with feathery wings. Lately, I have surrendered myself to my INSANE CAT LADY OBSESSION that has been brewing within me since I was a young child. I now fully embrace my love of cats. Whilst I enjoy canines and other creatures a lot as well, cats are very special to me in a way I can't describe.

Preferred Generations: I heavily favor Gens 1 and 2, being an old fan. They have a certain feel to them that the newer games don't capture and I prefer their design aesthetics. I just really like that vibe Pokemon had before it had fully established its patterns. It felt a little more mature and lowkey and Pokemon Stadium was just so full of personality and charm. Old school Sugimori art also feels very textured and human - this handmade feel and passion that I think has been lost as things got more digitized and mass-produced. Back when Game Freak really was an indie company and had no idea this Pokemon thing would take off.

I still enjoy newer games though, like Gens 6 and 7. My favorite Gen is actually Gen 4 due to the enhanced battle mechanics and HGSS being awesome. Also, Gen 4 had the best spin-off game and my personal favorite - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

Why I Play Pokemon: The art style of Pokemon made me who I am as an artist. All of my creature-related artwork, which is the vast majority of it, is inspired by Pokemon. Either subconsciously or consciously.

I just really resonate with the designs, particularly those of Gens 1, 2, 3, and 6. The creatures have inspired me since I was young. Lately, since around Gen 7, I have unfortunately disliked the majority of them. I feel they've gotten too toyetic and cartoony, with overly simple shapes and losing the naturalistic feel that Gen I started. Also, they've lost cohesion and consistency - with so many artists working on the series now, the designs don't fit together as much or look like they're part of the same series.

Because they're going in a direction that I personally dislike and for a multitude of other reasons [poor technical performance], I may not continue to play the modern games after Gen 9. However, I will forever love Pokemon and continue to create my own fanart regarding it, as well as playing the older games and various romhacks. It is a huge part of who I am and that will never change.

I care far less about the gameplay than I do about the character designs/lore of Pokemon species, so you're unlikely to see me praising it for that. Every Pokemon game I've played is a serviceable RPG that I just enjoy because there are pretty creatures that I like.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon strikes me the most though, as I'd rather BE a Pokemon than a trainer. I feel Pokemon are too cool to just be relegated to serving humans, but hey, it's a video game and it's fun.
Birthday
Mar 12, 1992 (Age: 32)
Website
https://arylett.tumblr.com/
Nature
Careful
Favorite Generation
Generation IV (DS)
Favorite Pokemon
Espeon, Meowscarada, Vulpix/Ninetales, THE GONG [Dewgong].
Favorite Generation 1 Pokémon
Ninetales / Kyukon
Favorite Generation 2 Pokémon
Espeon / Eifie
Favorite Generation 3 Pokémon
Flygon
Favorite Generation 4 Pokémon
Luxray / Rentorar
Favorite Generation 5 Pokémon
Zoroark
Favorite Generation 6 Pokémon
Braixen / Tairenar
Favorite Generation 7 Pokémon
Lycanroc (Midnight Form)
Favorite Generation 8 Pokémon
Wyrdeer / Ayashishi
Favorite Generation 9 Pokémon
Meowscarada / Masquernya
Favorite Mega Evolution
Mega Ampharos
Favorite Alolan Form
Alolan Ninetales
Favorite Galarian Form
Galarian Rapidash
Favorite Hisuian Form
Hisuian Typhlosion
Favorite Pokemon Move
Psybeam
Favorite Z-Move
Oceanic Operetta
Favorite Ability
Illusion
Favorite Pokémon Type
Psychic
Favorite Region
Kanto
Favorite Gym Badge
Celadon City Rainbow Badge
Occupation
Incarnation of Acute Neurosis

Signature

Arkra-Badge-Temp-80-1.png

Still working on my fursona.
Deviantart | Twitter

Trophies

1. 75

Johto League Champion!

Content you have posted has attracted 3000 likes, congrats! You've bested all Trainers in the Johto region!
  2. 50

Johto's Rising Badge

Content you have posted has attracted 2000 likes.
  3. 5

Hoenn's Dynamo Badge

Threads you've made have had at least 25 replies! Nice!
  4. 2

Hoenn's Knuckle Badge

10 replies from threads you've created. You're the talk of the town!
  5. 1

Hoenn's Stone Badge

A thread you made has had at least one reply!
  6. 30

Kanto's Marsh Badge

You've made 2000 posts?! Even Sabrina has to respect that!
  7. 20

Kanto's Soul Badge

You've posted at least 1000 times! Welcome to the ultra exclusive club!
  8. 10

Kanto's Rainbow Badge

500 messages? Impressive!
  9. 40

Johto's Glacier Badge

Content you have posted has attracted 1500 likes.
  10. 30

Johto's Mineral Badge

Content you have posted has attracted 1000 likes.
  11. 20

Johto's Storm Badge

Content you have posted has attracted 750 likes.
  12. 10

Johto's Fog Badge

Your content has been liked 500 times.
  13. 5

Kanto's Thunder Badge

You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
  14. 5

Johto's Plain Badge

Content you have posted has attracted 100 likes.
  15. 2

Johto's Hive Badge

Your messages have been liked 25 times.
  16. 1

Johto's Zephyr Badge

Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  17. 1

I Choose You!

Your favourite Pokémon is a starter, maybe even the first Pokemon you raised!
  18. 2

Kanto's Cascade Badge

25 messages posted. You must like it here!
  19. 1

Kanto's Boulder Badge

You've made your first post on here!
Back
Top Bottom