• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Gama
Local time
2:11 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Oh, by the way! I've been working on a little mini writing project in my spare time. Bit of an unusual one in many regards. Do you think you'd be able to possibly take a look at it for me? :>
    System Error
    System Error
    Thanks! sending it nowish!
    Gama
    Gama
    Hey I'm really sorry for being so terrible and not replying after you sent me this ages ago. I'm sorry to be so rubbish but I simply haven't read it yet as it's been a crazy busy couple of weeks. I am hoping to find time to do so tomorrow but I really can't promise anything. What I can promise is that I won't forget (and obviously haven't). Sorry D:
    System Error
    System Error
    It's all right, if you're busy you're busy, know the feel well. Note that because of the timeline thing I don't need comments/looking over the first chapter anymore, but still would like you to look at the second chapter if you can! :)
    Ayyy, I hope you don't think I'm being oppositional-- I just enjoy having debates about the WW!
    Gama
    Gama
    Hey, not at all! I really enjoyed both of your replies - the idea was most certainly to generate discussion rather than to put forward an agenda! I think what you wrote was very helpful, insightful, and a very valuable contribution to the discussion.
    Arkadelphiak
    Arkadelphiak
    Whew, good! I get concerned about my replies on a forum because they can come across as caustic by accident. And thanks! I'm back on the sidelines just watching at this point. And did you ever get a chance to read my fic?
    Super late reply! >_< Thanks for the condolences. Things still have been stalled since then. As for here, things have changed a lot over the years here. Blogs aren't as popular as they were back in the heyday. And it kinda feels like there's a different stigma in the workshop these days, though it's hard to describe. Kind of been drifting away from it because of that with some exceptions.
    Gama
    Gama
    I was actually talking about this with someone else recently too! I think you're 100% right. Reviews seem to have gotten more in depth and detailed, which is great, but much less personal. Feels like there's a bit less of a community element to the WW than there was back when you and I were more active. In fact, I'm going to write a post in the Written Word about that right this moment!
    System Error
    System Error
    It's like everyone wants to focus on helping others improve as writers, not realizing this stuff's a hobby for some people. Not saying helping with those stories isn't bad. But they in the end just want to entertain and not win a Pulitzer. And in the end isn't the ultimate goal of even those who aspire to be writers? To entertain? Analytical reviews often falter _hard_ on whether you're doing well on that front, which is my big issue with that style. It's why I've always tried to mix up both comments and things I've spotted whenever I've reviewed.
    Gama
    Gama
    Yes, I think you've absolutely hit the nail on the head with that! Have you seen the thread I posted last night in the Written Word subforum? I think you'd find the posts there interesting and if you felt like saying something I think that would be great too!
    yourlilemogirl
    yourlilemogirl
    Haha that sounds like a path I want to head down! I hope I’m already on it lol

I vanished for a while myself, but the draw of old friends/bulbafam just couldn’t let me fully abandon everything. I’m still not really “here” but I try and pop in from time to time, just to give it a poke and see how the site and atmosphere is changing c:
    Gama
    Gama
    Hey sorry for late reply. Have you managed to make it any further down that path?

I see you're retired staff now. Do you still have social staff access at all? I recall whether or not retired staff should retain that was a big issue back when we were both still on staff.
    yourlilemogirl
    yourlilemogirl
    Naw you’re good ♡ and I think I am :3

Haha yeah I do, I kinda never left the social circle when I retired years ago. I just would vanish for weeks at a time on my own accord lol
    Hey Gastly's Mama :)
    Gama
    Gama
    Things are good with me on the whole. How about you? Are you staff atm or no?

Don't forget you can WA me any time you want!
    Zeb
    Zeb
    Nah, I haven't been staff since late 2016. Got a retired badge now, I served my time on the frontlines, now it's time to relax and enjoy my old years :p

Yeah, but I feel like I'm pestering on there though haha.
    Gama
    Gama
    Hey, sorry not to have replied. And also dw at all about pestering me via WA - I don't reply quickly enough on WA for it to be a nuisance :p

How are things going more generally?
    YOU'RE ALIVE
    Gama
    Gama
    It would appear so.

How are you?
    Flaze
    Flaze
    I'm good. You still remember me right? :p
    Gama
    Gama
    Of course! I shall never forget Flame Haze.

Are you writing anything atm btw? In particular anything not too many chapters in so I stand a chance of catching up :p

On that note, I posted the second part of Fuji late last week if you're interested :)
    Hey, hope you're well :)
    Gama
    Gama
    Hello, good to hear from you!

It's all good in the hood with me. Feel like I've been saying this for years now, but I'm planning to get more active here again.

How are you?
    Ayyyy, you don't know me, but you commented on a shitty one-shot of mine back in the day. It changed my life, yo. Thanks.
    Arkadelphiak
    Arkadelphiak
    "Veteran Gastly's Mama would like to battle!"

Oops, it's called The Deprogramming. You can read it now! And I'm trying (emphasis on the trying, man) to get Chapter IV out within a few days. I just have SO MANY THINGS to do, and, alas, so little time to write!
    Reactions: Gama
    Gama
    Gama
    I've read chapter one so far. Haven't commented as waiting until up to date. I'll try to catch up over next few days and reply properly.

For now - cool concept, hadn't occurred to me before but now it has I'm surprised more stories of that kind haven't been here (or weren't when I was more regular). Tone too is good fun!
    Arkadelphiak
    Arkadelphiak
    Hurray! This is so surreal-- just a few years ago, it was me lurking around. And I'm glad you like it!! You don't see that many "sucked into video game" fics, but I know they're out there. I'm almost done with Chapter IV, so you'll have a good chunk of material to mull over.
    I've also read some of your Dr. Fuji fic, so I'll give you a review on that soon!
    T
    The Booty Warrior
    Oh, yes, I had this one, too when we were both around. But as for my other name, it was Johnny Gaddar. :)

Whassup?
    Gama
    Gama
    Ah, of course! Are you coming back to writing too?

I'm currently working on a reboot of Brotherhood. Not sure if you'll recall it.
    T
    The Booty Warrior
    Well now that you mention it, yes I am. I'm currently reworking an idea for a journey fic I had years ago but never got around to writing.

Brotherhood...three brothers, sibling rivalry, Dragon Pokemon users?
    duuuuuuuuudeeeeee
    Flaze
    Flaze
    I'm pretty sure I was already before you left :p

but how have you been man?
    Gama
    Gama
    Well good that you're still one! :p

I've been well. I'm thinking of relaunching Brotherhood.
    Flaze
    Flaze
    Full Metal Alchemist? ;O *shot*
    Hi. I'm the Project Manager of Crossover Battles. There was some hypothetical interest in using one of your characters, if you gave permission, so if you could clear out some inbox space and message me back if/when you see this it would be great. Thank you!
    No, don't think so. But I can't remember. I just haven't seen you online in ages :/
    Yeah, I'm hoping to eventually get a Ph.D. and work with jellyfish and coral.

Telling people they're wrong is indeed always fun! My dad does it a lot as part of his job.
    Congrats on finishing uni. What's the job? Anything interesting?

Yeah, I'm going to community college with the plan to transfer to TSU or Corpus after two years for a marine science degree.
    I'm doing well! Got a few more months of high school left, and then it'll be time to graduate! Yourself?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom