• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recent content by kantoskies

1. kantoskies

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

I've always wondered if there's been some clause in the contract that the dub, whether it's 4Kids or TPCi, has to keep at least a certain amount of original BGM per-season, otherwise I don't understand why these guys didn't just replace 100% of the score each episode. I'm not saying I'd have...
  2. kantoskies

Lamest lines you've ever heard on the show

Most of the dialogue in the TPCI dub in general is just so forced and unnatural-sounding. The terrible voice direction and background music does not help but the dialogue itself is just so...awful. It rarely ever sounds like real humans, especially human children, are having a conversation but...
  3. kantoskies

Music *NEW, REVISED*- The How Much Original Japanese Soundtrack/Music/BGM/OST is Kept in the Pokemon Anime Dub Thread

Season 14 keeping over 90% of the BGM is really so interesting to me- I remember watching the dub of that season when it first aired on Cartoon Network and being amazed at how the first 5 episodes not only kept all of the BGM but didn't fill any silence, either. I think the only dub music in...
  4. kantoskies

Music An Explanation For Why Japanese Tracks Are Replaced In The Dub

I suppose I could have been a bit more clear- what I meant to say when I wrote that over two years ago was looking at the dub holistically- meaning across all 20+ years- the level of original BGM has fluctuated. My post was already rather long-winded, and this point was a brief point at the...
  5. kantoskies

Review S25 EP43: The Road Most Traveled!

For some reason when I'd heard that James Carter Cathcart was stepping down from voice acting, I'd assumed he had already recorded all his stuff for the dub. Perhaps I thought the dub production was further along, and with only a dozen or so episodes left that he powered through to finish off...
  6. kantoskies

Review JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

I just finished the episode. I was fully expecting this kind of ending, but I wish they had made it seem a bit more "grand"? I would have loved a montage ending showing various important characters one last time. Once Type: Wild started playing that's what I expected but then...nope lol The...
  7. kantoskies

Preview JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

I’m not opening any of the spoilers in case they’re true, but I will say that person on Twitter has a pretty shoddy track record. They said the Rocket trio was not in the last episode but was in the preview for this episode, and conveniently deleted that tweet after the episode aired. They also...
  8. kantoskies

Why did Johto have so much filler?

It’s also because they didn’t bother to give Kasumi or Takeshi a running storyline like they did with characters like Haruka and Hikari in the future. Perhaps if the Gold/Silver games had something in them like Contests? Perhaps the writers didn’t fully realize just how many filler episodes...
  9. kantoskies

Preview JN146: Satoshi and Latios!

My biggest hope for this episode is that they use music from M05. Regardless of if these Pokémon have any connection to that movie, I’d just love to hear some of that score one last time.
  10. kantoskies

Review JN145: Rocket-dan Strikes Back!

When they cut to it eating during the climax I was reallllll worried it was gonna be what caused them to fail...boy I'm glad I'm wrong.
  11. kantoskies

So with today's episode ending on the obvious cliffhanger of the Rocket trio disbanding, it's clear they will appear in this episode to conclude their story. Which makes sense, because as others have pointed out Satoshi really cannot carry an episode on his own. I really hope they have one or...
  12. kantoskies

Review JN145: Rocket-dan Strikes Back!

One of the highlights of the episode was for sure Morobareru getting down low to Takeshi's Paradise. The shot of it spinning on its head right before the scene cut got a genuine laugh out of me! Having these different characters interact from different eras of the anime is something I love about...
  13. kantoskies

Preview JN145: Rocket-dan Strikes Back!

It would be weird timing for them to get fired now instead of in like Diamond & Pearl, since for the most part they’ve seemed to have been in Sakaki’s good graces for awhile now. But maybe Matori gets a promotion and uses her power to fire them? I’d personally rather them quit on their own tbh...
  14. kantoskies

Preview JN145: Rocket-dan Strikes Back!

The last screenshot is almost definitely a motto- I wonder if the second to last shot is also part of one? Would be nice for their entire teams to be included. But man the exclusion of some Pokémon (despite the justification) is really apparent here. I guess some is better than none!
  15. kantoskies

lol @ people thinking the Pokemon that Yuyama was talking about was Gekkouga instead of Houou I'm curious if Kasumi and Takeshi will be in this. It makes sense they wouldn't get a sendoff episode since they havent really had a story this series and have really just been here as set dressing...
Back
Top Bottom