Recent content by L-05308

1. L-05308

Review JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

I did suspect they might do this, the final episode with nothing really being final - Ash going on another Journey and Team Rocket following… It’s kind of underwhelming but perhaps chasing our most epic fantasies would have been unwise.
  2. L-05308

Review JN145: Rocket-dan Strikes Back!

Jessie and James and Meowth will absolutely come back together over the course of the next two episodes - I’m hoping they take Butch and Cassidy’s lead by just going to run their Malasada buisness in Alola and live with Bewear I understand the anguish though, because this was theoretically Team...
  3. L-05308

Preview JN145: Rocket-dan Strikes Back!

Best outcome here is Jessie and James realise they love their Pokémon and that’s all they need, so they take them all back to settle down with Bewear and the others - then we see a montage of them finding their other old Pokémon to bring back to Alola (except Lickitung because it’s happier where...
  4. L-05308

Review JN144: Juppeta's Search!

Not only could this episode have been part of Journeys proper, it should have been. An episode not explicitly about Gengar while it still was a big part of the episode, with thematic ties to the plot and a great showcase of its personality - the lack of this for Ash’s Pokémon was my main problem...
  5. L-05308

Review JN143: Riding on Laplace♪

If I recall correctly they tried using a Poke Ball on the stupid Marshtomp and it didn’t work for some reason? This episode was a lot of fun, we got to see a lot of Pokémon and Lapras had a great moment too.
  6. L-05308

Preview JN143: Riding on Laplace♪

With Azuril, Politoed, Starmie, Forretress and now Marshtomp appearing - I like that they really seem to care about letting Misty and Brocks old Pokémon appear. Just Goldeen, Horsea and Ludicolo left, and then all have appeared since their trainers retired in Sun and Moon! (There’s also...
  7. L-05308

Review JN142: And We're Looking at the Same Moon!

Conceptually there’s nothing wrong with this episode - a plot we have seen done before plenty of times, but executed nicely. However, this is the first of these where I really feel like the episode was kind of wasting precious time. It’s good to reinforce their bond, and show Ash working with...
  8. L-05308

Review JN141: Burn! The Zenigame Fire Brigade!!

Brock totally could’ve used Ludicolo and Marshtomp to help put out the fire, just to tick off them getting an appearance. Nice episode though, love the focus on Bulbasaur, Charizard and Squirtle’s friendship - though it only makes me wish we saw more of it back in the day. It sounded a bit...
  9. L-05308

Review JN140: Tunbear's Sigh!

It’s clear what they’re doing now, they are honing in on the Ash that will do anything for anybody or any Pokemon, those that he barely knows he’ll help often with reckless abandon for his own life. It’s no coincidence that there has been a Pokémon it seemed like Ash could have caught each...
  10. L-05308

Review JN138: Satoshi VS Kasumi! Seaside One-on-One!!

I was very surprised to see this was a bit of a Corphish focus episode, maybe coming at the cost of Totodile, Rowlett and Leavanny not doing much other than being cute - but cool that Ash’s Pokémon are going to be getting big appearances like this. I was also very surprised when we saw Misty’s...
  11. L-05308

Review JN137: Winds of Beginning! The Endless Road!!

Seeing Ash work with his old Pokémon is a treat - even if it’s largely going to be show up, use the move they’re most known for and not much else; at least they hung around all episode and reacted to things going on and interacted with Ash and Pikachu. The preview does seem like Corphish might...
  12. L-05308

Review JN135: Pokémon! I'm Glad I Got to Meet You!

So did Chloe take them camping to the same location she went to with her Dad? Because that’s cool continuity. Rest in Peace Tauros and Snivy, who despite being able to see Ash during his visit, only appear in flashbacks - I’ll always be annoyed every time the Oak’d Pokémon appear and it’s...
  13. L-05308

Review JN132: The Finals IV: "Partner"

Pokémon’s Facebook posted spoiled Ash’s victory for me - which wasn’t the end of the world because I fully expected it. I was still reduced to tears when all Ash’s Pokémon appeared to encourage Pikachu… blimey, I am 28!
  14. L-05308

Review JN131: The Finals III: "The Strongest"

Rillaboom’s defeat only came off a little unconvincing because of the Diantha fight - if we completely forget about that, it’s fine. This battle is really great, every matchup makes both Ash’s and Leon’s Pokémon look great regardless of whether they are about to win or lose. The shots of...
  15. L-05308

Review JN130: The Finals II: "Toy Around"

Don’t love Dracovish randomly growing glory red tentacles, it’s a bit like hot Hawlucha in the battle with Alain… That being said - this is SOOO GOOD - every Pokémon got good stuff to do and each matchup was great. Part one was pretty decent, this was amazing – and I’m really confident and...
Back
Top Bottom