1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Meta Boss
Last Activity:
Apr 26, 2017 at 12:32 PM
Blog Posts:

Meta Boss

The True Champ!, from Spain/ Skyarrow Bridge, enjoying the view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuwaTkyRluI Apr 21, 2016

Meta Boss was last seen:
Viewing forum Pokémon Video Games, Apr 26, 2017 at 12:32 PM
    1. RCxyz721
      RCxyz721
      Hello, can I ask you for a level recommendation for Pokemon Moon so I don't over-level in the main game?
      1. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        I am sorry, but I actually can´t help you there. Excuse me :)

That said, I can give you a general advice: turn the Exp. Share off for a challenging main game (for Pokemon Standards).
        Jan 19, 2017
        RCxyz721 likes this.
      2. RCxyz721
        RCxyz721
        It's okay; thank you.
        Jan 19, 2017
        Meta Boss likes this.
    2. RCxyz721
      RCxyz721
      Hi. Would terrain and weather be described as field moves.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. RCxyz721
        RCxyz721
        OK thanks. I making a post and I'm not sure what to call both weather and terrain; what are they usually called as?
        Nov 3, 2016
        Meta Boss likes this.
      3. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        Just call them Whather moves and Terrain abilities.
        Nov 3, 2016
        RCxyz721 likes this.
      4. RCxyz721
        RCxyz721
        Thank you.
        Nov 3, 2016
        Meta Boss likes this.
    3. RCxyz721
      RCxyz721
      Hi may I ask a question regarding threads?
      2. RCxyz721
        RCxyz721
        OK, thank you.
        Oct 31, 2016
        Meta Boss likes this.
      3. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        Your welcome!
        Oct 31, 2016
      4. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        And by the way, you don´t really need to read everything that was written before making a post. You can make a post whenever you like.
        Oct 31, 2016
    4. Esserise
      Esserise
      You know, I never actually knew until recently that ORAS also references Brandon and Tucker from the Battle Frontier. Brandon is the explorer in the old Volcanion video reels, and Lisia mentions that Wallace is friends with a guy who likes stones (Steven) and a Trainer who looks like a star... well, I can only think of one "star-shaped" Trainer, who just happens to be as flamboyant as Wallace. :P
      1. Esserise
        Esserise
        But I wanted to run an idea by you. So, in XY, when you first talk to this Rising Star at the Pokémon Center in Shalour, she will say, "A shining stone that emitted great warmth was discovered... And then a great tower was built to house and protect the stone." Which, given that this is mentioned in Shalour, is obviously a reference to the Tower of Mastery... except, you wouldn't think that a whole island commune would need to be built in order to protect a small piece of Lucarionite. Now, I really don't think that this is an intentional case of foreshadowing, I think it's mostly a convenience, but what if... she is referring to the Draconids' Sky Pillar instead? Which absolutely *was* built to "house and protect" the enormous Key Stone that was formed out of the giant meteorite in Sootopolis.

Amusingly, Shalour City is also where Tierno receives an Intriguing Stone from a man called "the wandering stone collector"... which just happens to be the exact phrase that the Fossil Maniac outside of Fallarbor uses to describe Steven if you show him Steven's Shiny Beldum.
        Aug 12, 2016
        Meta Boss likes this.
      2. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        I had only heard about Brandon and Tucker being mentioned. Although I never noticed while playing ORAS myself. It is a nice reference. But, tbh, Tucker was always my favourite Frontier Brain, so I rather they didn't mention him, when he isn't included in the game xD
        Regaring the dialogue of the girl in XY, I had overlooked that, actually. Now that you mention this, it is strange. You are right that it doesn't make as much sense to build an entire Tower just for a lucarionite, of all things. The description does fit Sky Tower perfectly, but even then, I also think it was probably not intentional. And I am saying this because the Tower of Mastery is just too close to the place where the dialogue took place. So it should be a reference to that.

I guess it could be said that, while a Lucarionite isn't exactly something impressive which justifies building a tower for it, if it was indeed the first ever Mega Stone discovered in Kalos, maybe they revered it for how unique it is. Like how American tribes used to exchange pure gold, for a piece of glass brought by Columbus, just because they had never seen anything similar before.

But the dialogue does fit Sky Tower way better, that's for sure.

Edit: I meant American tribes, not African.
        Aug 12, 2016
    5. Meta Boss
    6. Icy Wind
      Icy Wind
      Why did you quoted me in the ''Downloadable Content?'' thread?
      2. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        I wanted to post a link that proves that GF did expand their staff for the jump to 3DS, but apparantly I didn't copy paste the correct thing xD
        Apr 8, 2016
        Icy Wind likes this.
      3. Meta Boss
      4. Icy Wind
        Icy Wind
        Ok, thanks for clarifying ^^
        Apr 8, 2016
        Meta Boss likes this.
    7. Meta Boss
    8. Esserise
      Esserise
      Moving this here; I wouldn't think the BF was abandoned midway. An NPC says that they are in the process of scouting Trainers, and have already found a suitable Pike Queen.
      1. Meta Boss likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Esserise
        Esserise
        Right, although that raises my own point of confusion.

During Zinnia's three-stories-high exposition dump at the Sky Pillar, she says this:

> "A thousand years of peace followed after that disastrous time. But the Draconid people, learning from their long history's cyclical nature, foretold that the meteoroids would fall on this land again. The meteoroid to come, they prophesized, would be far greater than those that had come before it. This meteoroid would be great enough to break the world forever..."

Which makes it sound as though the Draconids took note of how they just happened to keep getting pummeled by meteors every thousand years, and predicted that an even bigger one would come around next time.

However, at the beginning of the Delta Episode, the scientists say that the jumbo meteor of doom *suddenly* changed its direction - which we later learn is because it contained Deoxys, who purposefully aligned itself with Earth for some unknown reason (the scientists say that they are confident that it didn't intend to destroy Earth, however). My theory is that it was drawn to the burst of natural energy from the Cave of Origin, but that's speculation and it's beside the point.

These details seem to conflict somewhat. Zinnia's story makes it sound as though the giant death meteors are a natural recurring cycle that inevitably come around every millennium. But when they say that Deoxys specifically guided its meteor toward Earth, and that it specifically changed the trajectory of the meteor to do so, it sounds as though there would never have been a giant meteor threat if Deoxys didn't exist. As if the meteor would have continued along a harmless path unlike its predecessors, which as far as we know were not piloted by Deoxys.

But how could the Draconids know that 1,000 years in the future, Deoxys would spontaneously decide to steer toward Earth? I'll grant that psychics and mystics do exist in the Pokémon world - in fact, both Olympia and Liza & Tate foreshadow the upcoming villain climax in their respective games - but the way that Zinnia phrases it makes it sound as though the Draconids are basing their prediction on insight gained from past events ("learning from their long history's cyclical nature"), not by glimpsing future ones.
        May 16, 2016
        Meta Boss likes this.
      4. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        I think this is a tricky one. You made a very good point.

The only logical justification I can possibly see, is that maybe, the¡ Draconids just prophesized it based on psychic powers (the twins and Olympia), andZinnia is just wording it strangely.

I like your idea, by the way: I also think Deoxy was after the Natural Enery of Origin cave.

Also, I find it very strange how that scientist at the Space Center says "but I think Deoxys didn´t want to harm anybody". Ok, maybe, but why is he so sure?
        May 16, 2016
      5. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        And to add about the Draconids, Zinnia does use the word "prophesized", instead of "predicted". I think "predicted" is more scientific, and "prophesized" is more appropriate for future- seeing. I think this could mean this particular prediction was based on psychics and mystics, at least partially.
        May 17, 2016
    9. Arceus the Dragon
      Arceus the Dragon
      Got your message. Post deleted. My apologies for it. I know ORAS has a lot of content and XY has a bit less. I just don't want people to bad mouth XY. XY were still good games and I like the post game regardless of the amount. Anyway, sorry about my post and enjoy your day!
      1. Meta Boss likes this.
      2. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        Ok, thanks man!
        Mar 10, 2016
      3. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        Just remember, if you want to show that XY has a good amount of content, don't compare XY with ORAS, because it's unfair to XY.

It's better if you compare XY with BW, RS, GS, etc. When you compare XY with other first games, you can definitely make a point that XY has a good amount of content.

I am not a fan of XY, but I also dislike how many people say it is very content lacking, cause it isn't. So I agree with you.
        Mar 10, 2016
        Arceus the Dragon likes this.
    10. RCxyz721
      RCxyz721
      Hi, do you mind if you can take a look at another post I'm making? I want to make sure it's substantial enough.
      1. Meta Boss likes this.
      3. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        Whatever you prefer. Characters can be considered part of the storyline, or a different aspect.
        Mar 8, 2016
      4. RCxyz721
        RCxyz721
        Thank you; sorry for the late reply.
        Mar 9, 2016
        Meta Boss likes this.
      5. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        You are welcome!
        Mar 9, 2016
        RCxyz721 likes this.
    11. Meta Boss
      Meta Boss
      Haters gonna hate ;)
    12. RCxyz721
      RCxyz721
      Hi, can you take a look at a post I'm making?
      1. Meta Boss likes this.
      3. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        In that case, you don't need to shorten the list a lot...
        Feb 27, 2016
        RCxyz721 likes this.
      4. RCxyz721
        RCxyz721
        Thank you, going to rework my list.
        Feb 27, 2016
      5. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        Ok, ask me again if you have a doubt!
        Feb 27, 2016
    13. RCxyz721
      RCxyz721
      Question, how are you able to post below my response? I can't find the feature.
      1. Meta Boss likes this.
      3. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        You're welcome! :)

Don't worry, most people on the threads will gladly reply and help you. And whenever you want to ask me something, you can also ask me here.
        Feb 14, 2016
        RCxyz721 likes this.
      4. RCxyz721
        RCxyz721
        Thank you.
        Feb 14, 2016
        Meta Boss likes this.
      5. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        You are welcome :)
        Feb 14, 2016
        RCxyz721 likes this.
    14. RCxyz721
      RCxyz721
      Going to have to re-read that sometime, I also saw somewhere in the forums that the ultimate weapon irradiated the meteorites, but when I watched AZ's flashback, I didn't see any meteorites in the scenes in space.
      1. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        Rayquaza gains the energy necessary to evolve by eating meteors. But it evolves when humans ask it to.

As for the Meteorite destroyed, I think it is unrelated to the Ultimate Weapon.
        Feb 14, 2016
    15. RCxyz721
      RCxyz721
      Thanks for responding, in regards to the delta episode, I think so. The reason I thought of this is because I saw it was speculated that the there was a connection between the meteorites in ORAS and the ultimate weapon in X/Y. I had a post in mind when it came up in the gen. VI: The Future, but I was worried it would come off the wrong way.
    16. White Crow
      White Crow
      Skill Link the best pls :p el problema es siempre la precision .w.
      mas o menos xD me sigue molestando el tema de los vms y eso, se me hace muy facil perder los mensajes. Por eso opto por las conversaciones ahora. tu?
      Y por los colores no me molesta mucho, he visitado foros con interfaces peores.

Puedeque me compre el yellow, tu? :o
      1. Meta Boss likes this.
      3. White Crow
        White Crow
        Conversaciones ahora serian los mps, pues tiene la interfaz de los vms pero son privadas xD ademas puedes incluir a otras personas que es lo divertido.
        Nov 29, 2015
        Meta Boss likes this.
      4. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        Me apunto! Lo único que creo recordar que tu PM box estaba lleno xD
        Nov 29, 2015
      5. White Crow
        White Crow
        D: CRUELDAD! No me gustaba eliminar los pms porque algunos tenian cosas importanted y eso. Pero probamos :3
        Nov 29, 2015
        Meta Boss likes this.
    17. Desdar300
      Desdar300
      Hey Meta wanna help me with a upcoming post?
      1. Meta Boss likes this.
      3. Desdar300
        Desdar300
        If a Pokémon based off a balloon can be a Pokémon I think it's wrong to antagonize C.Zygarde for being more mecha like . The same goes for Pokémon based on celebrities like Sawk, and the Himons. I firmly believe that people love to call out newer mons but for get that older gens have similar designs. We can't really say what is and what isn't Pokémon material .
        Nov 29, 2015
      4. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        I really don't mind weaker designs, like Voltorb and Electrode for example. I only dislike over the top designs.
        Nov 30, 2015
      5. Desdar300
        Desdar300
        Still, we should give all Pokémon a chance to prove to itself. Who knows that very Mon might end up being your favorite over time
        Dec 2, 2015
        Meta Boss likes this.
    18. Meta Boss
      Meta Boss
      Happy Anniversary, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire :)
    19. Juliko
      Juliko
      No no! It's fine! I'm glad you're following me. I'd love to be friends since we both love pokemon! I'm writing a fan fic here if you want to check it out.
    20. Juliko
      Juliko
      Dare I ask why you're following me? Not that I don't appreciate it. In fact, I do, but I haven't really done anything worth convincing you to follow me.
      1. Meta Boss
        Meta Boss
        Hi, yes, I usually follow nice people, with who's comments I usually agree. That's why I followed you! But I can stop following you if you prefer so just let me know!
        Nov 13, 2015
  • About

Spain/ Skyarrow Bridge, enjoying the view
    Favorite Generation:
    Generation VI (3DS)
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Metagross
    Favorite Pokémon Type:
    Dragon
    Favorite Region:
    Hoenn / Hōen
    Favorite Gym Badge:
    Blackthorn City Rising Badge
    3DS Friend Code:
    4270 - 2982 - 8625
    A Pokemon fan since 2001. A Hoenn fan, but also a Johto fan and Unova fan. Metagross fan :)

My first game was Pokemon Silver. I consider it the most nostalgic game ever.

My favourite games are BW2, Alpha Sapphire and Emerald! The 3 best Pokemon games, in my opinion.

My favourite hobbies (counting only non-important things) are:

1. Pokemon
    2. Football (Soccer)
    3. Watching comedy movies
    4. Watching comedy TV Shows
    5. Etc.

Also, I absolutely love to make rankings. I just did one now. See?