Recent content by MRStealth64

1. M

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

The key difference, though, is that the foreign dubbers don't go up to the people who make the Simpsons and tell them to tone down the content because it's too much work to edit it themselves. If you need proof that 4Kids did exactly that, look no farther than the fourth movie, in which they got...
  2. M

I'm still not getting where this concept that everyone loves the TPCi dub is coming from. My impression is that a good portion of the community (myself included) have long given up on the dub entirely.
  3. M

Yeah, I never said I liked the TPCi dub more. When I said I wanted a competent company, I meant someone like Funimation who actually respects what the original Japanese creators make. Also, the only reason why the script fared slightly better in later seasons is because 4Kids likely told the...
  4. M

I'm not really a fan of either company that dubbed Pokemon, but reading stuff like the rewritten Team Rocket scene and what the writers at 4Kids have to say about stuff like that really makes me regret that they ever had the rights to the show, and that a more competent company was never given a...
  5. M

While the newer episodes are easy enough to find in Japanese and subtitled, the older stuff is nearly impossible to find as Shadao said. That's what really gets to me about this whole situation. It's like the companies that dub the Pokemon anime basically want to hide the fact that the original...
  6. M

Things You Like Better In Original Series

The fact that there was actual tension in some of the episodes. A great example could be found right at the beginning when Satoshi defends Pikachu from all those Spearow. It really gave the feeling that both of their lives were truly in danger. All the tension in the current episodes just seems...
  7. M

A few questions about the overall Pokemon TV series

1. Started around the summer of '99, right before the second season started. I believe the first episode I saw on Kids' Wb! was a rerun of "The Water Flowers of Cerulean City." 2. I still catch the Japanese version if the episode seems interesting, but I stopped watching the dub entirely...
  8. M

Great predictions, as usual. Personally, I'm hoping that the one about the new volumes of Pokemon Special/Adventures comes true. I've really been waiting a while to hear a solid release date for volume 53, and hopefully the translated versions won't be far behind. Here's to a great 2016!
  9. M

Very nice comparison, Dogasu! A bunch of interesting insights as always. I never listened to the commentary for this movie, so it is interesting to hear a little of what went on with 4Kids while they were dubbing Pokemon. I still remember that thing about revealing Ash's dad in the fifth season...
  10. M

Really enjoyed reading that information about the early stages of the third movie. The T-rex story sounds neat, especially the part about the Team Rocket organization as a whole getting involved. Hope that the script/outline that was auctioned off surfaces somehow in the future. Would be even...
  11. M

"Glass Half Full" corner - What do you like about the Japanese version?

But there hasn't been much Japanese culture in the show, likely because of orders from 4Kids and now TPci, saying that the show should be more neutral from a cultural perspective. Sure, a piece of Japanese culture might slip through every now and then, but not to the degree it did in the early...
  12. M

Just about all Pokemon dubs outside of Asia are based off the english dub. There might be some exceptions, but that seems to be the case for the most part.
  13. M

Will Anthea, Concordia and N appear again?

They did randomly decide to bring Lance back for the Groudon/Kyogre two parter, so bringing back a character that has nothing to do with the games that the current series is advertising is not completely unheard of. That being said, though, it is highly unlikely N, or anything else...
  14. M

Just finished reading the comparison. It seems that with every new one I read, 4Kids and TPci just look worse and worse. I mean when it comes to taking out the scientific explanations in this movie, and actually getting the Japanese animators to create new scenes in the Celebi movie to cram a...
  15. M

News New Ending: "Gaogao All Stars" by Little Glee Monster

Incorrect romanizations happen all the time on Japanese merchandise. Probably one of the more infamous ones was "Gokou" on DBZ products.
Back
Top Bottom