• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
P
Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'm very familiar with Romeo and Juliet. And I think that's a great way to put it how SOVA and SONVA was. Even though I prefer the original cast, some of the new ones aren't so bad.
    Unfortunately, I haven't heard from Veronica since last year. =(

I think she's just been busy lately, and she hasn't had time to check her emails.

Although, I did finally get to meet Veronica in person last year, when I went to New York Comic Con. =)

That was SOOOO awesome! I had the best time ever at NYCC 09. But unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to talk to Veronica about the VA switch, or the possibility of her returning.

Haha, I was just excited about finally meeting Veronica, so I ended up talking to her about other things. Haha. xD
    As for the part after the flashback scene, where Ash is talking to the boy (Nathaniel) about Heracross, here's what I thought. During that scene, I disliked Sarah's performance. The acting was bad there, because Ash didn't have enough emotion. I mean, Ash is supposed to be really happy and excited because he's talking about his old Pokemon. But Sarah couldn't bring Ash to life there, like Veronica would have.

Overall, "Strategy Begins At Home" proved to me that Sarah is simply incapable of imitating Veronica's Ash voice. As for her acting, eh, she can be good at times (like with the Arceus movie and certain D/P episodes). But whenever there's an episode that centers on Ash, she always screws it up. In comparison, Veronica was always perfect (in my opinion), and she brought her A-game to the show with each and every episode.

As far as I'm concerned, Sarah's Ash is a completely different character. And of course, I still want the Ash back that I know and love, Veronica's Ash. <3
    But of course, Sarah ruined the flashback scene, because she can't imitate Veronica's Ash voice. I mean, this would've been the perfect opportunity for Sarah to prove that she could imitate Veronica's high-pitched Ash voice. But unfortunately, when Sarah did Ash's voice for this flashback scene, she failed.

Ugh, that scene was TERRIBLE!!!! This proves to me that Sarah just isn't capable of imitating Veronica's Ash voice (up until now, I was giving her the benefit of the doubt - I thought she might be able to sound a little bit similar Veronica's Ash - but apparently that's not the case...). X_X
    Anyway, my most recent post in the episode review threads, was my post in the "Strategy Begins At Home" thread.

I hated the flashback scene, and the scene when Ash was talking to the boy about Heracross. The flashback scene was ruined because Ash's new voice sounded TERRIBLE, even worse than it normally sounds. Oh my god, Sarah did a terrible job with the flashback scene. I mean, obviously, if Veronica had been voicing Ash, she would've used her famous, high-pitched Ash voice for that particular scene. And it would've sounded A LOT better, in my opinion.
    Hey poke07! Yeah, I stopped posting in the episode review threads...

I mean, it really upset me when I keep getting infracted for breaking the "no VA talk" rule. And some of my posts weren't even that bad.

I think the staff here is just strict. The fact that they still have the VA ban drives me crazy. It's completely ridiculous, and I don't understand why they won't allow us to voice our opinions. Isn't that what these forums are for? Also, if they were to allow VA talk, it wouldn't cause flamewars (everyone on BMGf is mature enough to handle a VA discussion, in my opinion). It seems to me like the staff is completely biased, because most of the mods/admins don't watch the dub version in the first place. =/
    Yo, I couldn't help but see what you posted on Lisa's profile. If I remember correctly, you were a member of SOVA, weren't you? I was one of the leaders. I know for a fact I've seen you someplace before but my memory gets a bit fuzzy sometimes. lol
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom