• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Got lots of nice sessions recently, these times it was alongside friends. Much cooler that way :)

Level up: 9 -> 10 (new 3x Incubator, yay! +1 Lucky Egg, +1 Lure, +1 Incense are handy too yet I haven't got a chance to use my previous set of them all anyway yet).
New species: Parasect, Metapod

Actually got lots of Pokemon but most I already had. Caught a Parasect and evolved my first Caterpie. Kakuna should be able to evolve into Beedrill for a +1 in the Dex soon. Eggs are going well, lots of other Pokemon I can evolve but I'm waiting to make better use of Lucky Egg.

Got some very busy work going on right now.

The last time I played, I was level 11. first time playing pokemon go at home and guess what. My house is just beside a pokestop!
I came home that time at around 3:00 AM and I activated a Lure Module, and Incense! Got a lot of pokemon coming in that time. Captured Slowbro with 846 CP, followed by slowpoke with 400 CP, then completed my 3 elements by capturing a Squirtle with 389CP and a lot more!
Last minute left with my activations, a wild Kabuto appeared! I was very excited, CP was at ??? -- expecting a very high CP.
Nothing more was very depressing than, "No Poke Balls". TTTHHHEEFFAAAACCCKKKKKKKKKKK *excuse my latin.
Then I told my self, "Chill, chill. I'm at a pokestop!"
Well of course, capturing a lot of cool and new pokemons, that's just so unreal.
There I was, when I got 2 pokeballs (pokestop refresh), Kabuto is gone. Another TTTHHHEEEEEEFFFAAAACCCCKKKKKK moment.

Still crying as of this writing.:cry:

Got some very busy work going on right now.

The last time I played, I was level 11. first time playing pokemon go at home and guess what. My house is just beside a pokestop!
I came home that time at around 3:00 AM and I activated a Lure Module, and Incense! Got a lot of pokemon coming in that time. Captured Slowbro with 846 CP, followed by slowpoke with 400 CP, then completed my 3 elements by capturing a Squirtle with 389CP and a lot more!
Last minute left with my activations, a wild Kabuto appeared! I was very excited, CP was at ??? -- expecting a very high CP.
Nothing more was very depressing than, "No Poke Balls". TTTHHHEEFFAAAACCCKKKKKKKKKKK *excuse my latin.
Then I told my self, "Chill, chill. I'm at a pokestop!"
Well of course, capturing a lot of cool and new pokemons, that's just so unreal.
There I was, when I got 2 pokeballs (pokestop refresh), Kabuto is gone. Another TTTHHHEEEEEEFFFAAAACCCCKKKKKK moment.

Still crying as of this writing.:cry:

Anyways, will upload the pictures here soon to let you know I'm not just making things up.
You guys are very much welcome, crying with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
yesterday popped a lucky egg and went on an evolution spree. new pokemon include arcinine, slobro, golduck, dugtrio, hypno, and nidoking. also got more powerful versions of jolteon, flareon, vaporeon, exeggutor(my most powerful at 1837), krabby, pidgeot, butterfree, beedrill, nidoqueen, clefable, arbok, and venomoth. all that got me to lvl 24. and after work found a higher cp tauros then i had tho still only 699. still need 13 candy to evolve my poliwag to poliwrath which will give me 103 on the pokedex. at level 25 think i am going to start using my stardust.

New species: Vulpix, Cubone, Venonat

Vulpix/Venonat hatched from 5km eggs, Cubone I caught alongside a few other Pokemon I already had (some are better CP-wise).
Still need just one catch from the Weedle family for Beedrill :(

Yesterday was a long stressful day so I don't remember everything but I did finally catch the last Caterpie I needed to evolve my Metapod (I was literally only one candy away before; how absolutely frustrating). People were spamming lures in the science building, which was cool. Found mostly trash though. The "nearby" said there was a Gastly nearby. I bet it was in the bowels of the science building, which is a maze from which none have ever returned. ^^

I did catch a 1,000-something Slowbro but it wasn't as strong as the one I had evolved. Still kinda cool. And I finally caught a Pikachu! That crazy little bugger was only 194 CP but even with an Ultraball and a Razz Berry the circle was still orange-red ^=__=^;; it ATE all my Ultraballs! But I finally caught it so I guess it was worth it? I caught a few Eevee and tried to evolve myself a new Flareon but apparently the renaming trick doesn't work anymore? Cause I ended up with a Vaporeon named Pyro. ^<__<^;; it would've been an 1100-something Flareon too so *grumble grumble roar*

Campus is infested with Venonat so I caught enough to evolve another Venomoth, better than the one I had before. I also now have something like 306 Magikarp candies so... slowly but surely getting to Gyarados (or however it's spelled). Had a Nidoran (F) run away from me as the very first encounter that day :( but I did catch a few Bellsprout and Oddish so I'm also slowly working my way towards Weepinbell and Vileplume.

on the recommendation of a fellow local goer, hit a spot that was full of magikarp so i spent 4-5 hours going fron 75 to over 400 candy but got a gyrados. also saw plenty of psyducks and tentacool and even 1 golduck and 3 tentacruel. he told me it was good on dratini but only saw 4. mite have had to do with time of day tho as i saw them all in the first hour or so.

on the way there was my OMG moment tho as i stopped by a wawa i frequent and found and caught a venasaur. was super happy.

also got from evolution, poliwrath and primeape so dex is now 107

New species: Beedrill.

Played a bit more alongside friends earlier tonight. Finally got that 1 more Weedle and a few more stuff including a better CP Eevee.

Today was "Everything Runs Away from Z" Day. I swear like 10-15 pokemon fled from me, even super-low CP stuff. Still managed to catch some stuff. I've got something like 356 Magikarp candies now, and have realised that I now need to start bringing my iPhone charging cable to campus with me like one of those crazy people who would apparently DIE if they weren't constantly texting. My phone was down to 6% by the time I got back to my car ^<__<^;;

I also caught a few more Eevee and am entirely convinced the naming trick is officially FUBAR, as I now have a Jolteon named Pyro to go along with yesterday's Vaporeon named Pyro. ^=__=^;; I wouldn't care so much if I didn't already have better CP ones of each and really need a better Flareon. ^@__@^;; Oh well, I guess they can be my designated gym rats. Pyro 1 asks Pyro 2 if he even lifts, bro~

Oh, I caught another Charmander on my way to class and was like THIS IS APPROPRIATE BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I AM ON FIRE. Stupid Miami heat (not the basketball team). :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: Oh! Oh! Oh! I forgot my 10k egg finally hatched, and it was a Lapras~ yaaaaaay~

Last edited:
otw home from work this morning caught a pikachu, 2 tauros(one over 900cp which is now my best), abra, growlithe, and hatched a dratini from a 10k egg.

Today was "The Invasion of Rubbish" Day as there were Rattatta and Pidgey everywhAr. Like a million of them. Aside from the literal flood of trash I did manage to catch an Oddish, a Cubone (whaaaaat), a Poliwag, a few Psyduck, a few Eevee, and not nearly enough Magikarp. I did also manage to catch a Bulbasaur and a Squirtle walking between classes so yay to that. Just my luck, I managed to get the one seat in class where both AC outlets weren't working. :ROFLMAO: Fortunately my phone didn't die.

New species: Squirtle

Level-up: 10 -> 11 -> 12

Caught a Squirtle (yay!) and lots of Rattata. Finally leveled up to 11 and calculated the amount of evolutions I had ready for the Lucky Egg party, which summed up to enough XP to get me through all of level 11 at once (would like to reach 12 as soon as possible because of the introduction of Great Ball). There we go; lots of Pidgey and Rattata evolved alongside a single Zubat.

The new Golbat is now my 2nd strongest Pokemon (after the 1st Golbat which I was powering up for a while before realizing how collecting coins from Gyms works and abandoning investments entirely until level 20). Pidgeot is down to #3 while 2 new Raticate got #4 and #5 alongside a new Pidgeotto that got #6. Everything else was transferred as my Pokemon list had too much light yellow with all the Pidgeotto/Raticate :)

last nite caught my 2nd pikachu of the day(4th overall), saw 2 squirtles but one ran away, got 2 bulbasaurs(1 caught, 1 hatched), and caught 2 ivysaurs.

Not much happened recently. Only had one class yesterday so didn't spend much time catching pokemon. I got to campus about an hour early but just my luck, people lured the science building PokeStops right when I went to go into my classroom. ^=__=^;; It was chem lecture and our prof blew a thing up (controlled explosion, on purpose) so I guess it was a pretty good tradeoff ww. I was annoyed though cause Vulpix was in the sightings right when I sat down. *sigh*

My 10km egg hatched on the campus shuttle bus on the way to class, and it was a Hitmonlee, yay~ Immediately stuck a 2km egg into the incubator, and it hatched in the elevator when I was headed back to my car after class. It was a Zubat though. Boo~

I've got enough candies to evolve a crapton of Pokemon, including finally evolving my Magikarp, but I want to wait until next week since people apparently lure the science building every day and there are three PokeStops right there, so I figure wait for all three to be lured, pop an incense and a lucky egg, and evolve stuff between pokemon showing up for max EXP gain.

New species: Koffing, Doduo

Still level 12 but I caught quite the bunch of Pokemon, got a few more ready to evolve in the next Lucky Egg party as well as 1 of each of the new Pokemon mentioned above.

kinda disappointing afternoon as i saw a raichu on my sightings list but couldnt find it before it disappeared. would have saved alot of time finding pikachus. did catch another bulbasaur and my new highest cp tauros at 1080.

Pokémon Go seems to have brought that Starbucks a ton of business, because they've embraced it.

New species: Persian

Hatched 2 Eggs and caught some Pokemon today, including a Persian. I always like it when I can get an evolved Pokemon without spending Candy, especially those that require 50+.

last 3 high level eevees have all evolved into vaporeons which r now my top 3 cp pokemon. here is the highest.
Screenshot_20160828-202304.png

Today was a pretty good day. Caught a bunch of Eevees, a crapton of trash, evolved a crapton of trash... then I evolved a Squirtle, caught a few Bulbasaur, hatched a much better Magikarp out of a 2km egg so I evolved that into a Gyarados, caught a Grimer, a Horsea, evolved another Vaporeon named Pyro ( ^=__=^;; ), caught an Oddish, Paras, Golbat, Zubat, and then a Nidoran M in the supermarket parking lot.

New species: Wartortle, Gyarados, Grimer
Level: 22
Top 6 CP: Tidal Wave (1851 Vaporeon), Kraitos (1737 Gyarados), Dahnara (1683 Lapras), (two more Vaporeon, ignoring those), Lucky (1368 Golduck), ThunderBlade (1328 Jolteon), Tyrannosoar (1266 Aerodactyl)

saw a chancey but 3 razz berrys and 3 ultra balls couldnt convince it to join my team. :cry:
did add pokemon 110-113 thru hatching. got sandslash(enuf candy to evolve sandshrew anyway), shellder, grimer, and kabuto.
also hit level 25. so now i get max potions which r pretty useless since i dont battle gyms. what level do i get master balls ;)

Back
Top Bottom