• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting DP remakes on the switch seems likely.

Since they already have a map and story made it makes for an easy way to transition onwards.

I have a good feeling that DP remakes would be amazing if they get announced at some point.

Cynthia in 3D! Gen 4 remakes Confirmed!

It just seems like such an odd choice. if they'd put in Wally and STEVEN, then, yeah, just reusing the most recently remodeled characters.

Cynthia in 3D! Gen 4 remakes Confirmed!

It just seems like such an odd choice. if they'd put in Wally and STEVEN, then, yeah, just reusing the most recently remodeled characters.

They also put Red and Blue in the games, and it's highly doubtful they're doing both Kanto remakes AND Sinnoh remakes. It's just a handful of key characters from the series, it doesn't mean much. Hell, so far we've seen more characters in the PWT than the Battle Tree.

They also put Red and Blue in the games, and it's highly doubtful they're doing both Kanto remakes AND Sinnoh remakes.
Nah, Red and Blue are just in there to tie in with the rest of the Gen 1 Anniversary stuff (Alolan formes exclusively for Gen 1 'mons, Alolan Prof. Oak) Plus they've only just re-released the Gen 1 games.

No, my guess is Sun and Moon. Then remake Diamond and Pearl. Then Re-release Gold and Silver on Virtual console.

Nah, Red and Blue are just in there to tie in with the rest of the Gen 1 Anniversary stuff (Alolan formes exclusively for Gen 1 'mons, Alolan Prof. Oak) Plus they've only just re-released the Gen 1 games.
Speaking of which, I was wondering if the original games are the reason why it's only Red and not (additionally) Leaf.

I was wondering if the original games are the reason why it's only Red and not (additionally) Leaf.
I think that's actually a remnant of Generation II, where Red is the very final challenge of the game.

On the topic itself, Cynthia's model in SuMo does not itself confirm remakes - I'd imagine they'd redesign all the core trainers and trainer classes just like they did all other remakes, and that includes redesigning the Sinnoh champion herself. They've already done so with Blue, Lance and Steven, so this should be no exception.

On the topic itself, Cynthia's model in SuMo does not itself confirm remakes - I'd imagine they'd redesign all the core trainers and trainer classes just like they did all other remakes, and that includes redesigning the Sinnoh champion herself. They've already done so with Blue, Lance and Steven, so this should be no exception.

That's a good point, all of the characters tend to get redesigns in remakes, so the reuse of character models doesn't really prove anything. All it says is that Cynthia is a popular character, which is something we already knew.

Cynthia in 3D without any cosmetic changes is more proofing that they don't work on a Sinnoh remake right now or at least not releasing it in this gen. Like the same for the PWT Hoenn leaders.

The generell thing that they've done a facility where you can meet older characters proofs more like SM are indeed the only games in this gen. But just my opinion about that.

Last edited:
Cynthia in 3D without any cosmetic changes is more proofing that they don't work on a Sinnoh remake right now or at least not releasing it in this gen. The same for the PWT Hoenn leaders.

The generell thing that they've done a facility where you can meet older characters proofs more like SM are indeed the only games in this gen. But just my opinion about that.

I don't think that SM will be the only Gen VII games, but I will admit that Cynthia being included in the Battle Tree pushes me more toward the feeling that DP remakes aren't what're next.

I don't think that SM will be the only Gen VII games, but I will admit that Cynthia being included in the Battle Tree pushes me more toward the feeling that DP remakes aren't what're next.
Admittedly despite how much I want em, you are certainly right. I posted this in the Kanto Sequel thread, but I think Red and Green are more so a sign of what's to come then anything else.

Admittedly despite how much I want em, you are certainly right. I posted this in the Kanto Sequel thread, but I think Red and Green are more so a sign of what's to come then anything else.

A Kanto remake? That would be the icing on the cake for the whole gen 1 pandering. I think they will save it for the 25th anniversary.

Personally, I hope they won't do standalone Kanto remakes ever again and even sequels combined with Johto would be quite uninspired.

But either way the Red and Green appearance are in the games because of the 20th anniversary.

A Kanto remake? That would be the icing on the cake for the whole gen 1 pandering. I think they will save it for the 25th anniversary.

Personally, I hope they won't do standalone Kanto remakes ever again and even sequels combined with Johto would be quite uninspired.

But either way the Red and Green appearance are in the games because of the 20th anniversary.
Kanto Sequels, not remakes. Anniversary or not, you don't just give us 20-25 year old Red after 20 years of adamant avoidance of showing times progression in universe outside of ambiguity for anything that is not directly a sequel. With the PC having moved from Kanto, as well as Red and Green being in game, we might actually get some hints at just what a region would look like 10-15 years in universe after we last saw it. And you don't just casually bring up Kanto hints without meaning something more...

I wonder what would be the names... Red 2 and Blue/Green 2? Fire Red 2 and Leaf Green 2?

What Sinnoh "hints," though?

Diamond Head/Pearl Harbor = Coincidence
Cynthia = As if she wasn't going to show up
Day/Night music = This already sort of made a comeback with ORAS's Soaring music and that wasn't indicative of anything about Sinnoh
Rotom Dex = A completely organic idea if your goal is to have a device that facilitates communication between people and Pokémon
Silvally = Just because it was inspired by Arceus in-universe doesn't necessarily mean there has to be some plot overlap; notice how Mewtwo and Mew have never, ever come into contact in the games or been mentioned together in any meaningful way outside of the Pokédex and the Cinnabar journals?
Munchlax event = Let's be honest, Munchlax is incidental here

Like I said, it's not that Gen IV remakes wouldn't make sense as a part of Gen VII, and there is a lot that they could do with them. But I don't really expect it to happen.

There's a lot more that can be done with Sinnoh than Kanto. Gen IV games simply have a lot more potential.

Also, yes, let's regard every potential hint as a "coincidence".

I hope the remake for the Giratina this time not for the diamond and pearl like before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom