• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY140: The Endless Zero! Until the Day We Meet Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind in both series:
*Ash got developed a lot, and had plenty of powerhouses

*Serena's goal was similar to Dawn's, and both struggled along the way, and growing to where they've made it to the final round

*Clemont and Brock were walking props for virtually the whole series

*Ash had to try to bond with the starter Pokemon he tamed to become stronger with it due to bad past experiences, and succeeded

*Ash got the highest (mark out of the others) in the league in both of them

*Ash lost in both due to extremely overpowered Pokemon due to plot armor

*Torterra and Noivern, who both have a 4x weakness against Ice-types rarely ever got wins by the time they both evolved, respectively.
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
These are such superficial similarities! If I were to make a similar list of differences it would be as long or longer.

I despise these "series a is like series b" commentaries. It is an absolute false dichotomy. XY is like and unlike DP. And BW, AG and OS. Let us judge each one on its own merits. If the comparison is simply "I loved DP and XY" then that's fine, but let's not start pulling subjective reasons as to why they're similar (or not) out of our arses to back these kinds of comments up.

why do people care that both greninja and goodra were released?
Some like me care because it made no sense to release two out of the 6 pokemon of Ash's team. He didn't had a 7th pokemon or used any reserves at Oak's lab. It was a full team. Greninja was his first fully evolved water starter while Goodra was his first fully evolved pseudo-legendary. To get rid of two powerhouses like that when Ash clearly didn't had any reason to is an insult to fans.

It's certainly been a ride with XY. I hope that maybe Serena and Clemont (w/ Bonnie) can get a special episode as a final goodbye to their characters (god knows when we're ever gonna see them again)...

Let's get ready to pack our bags and enter the Alola region in Sun&Moon.

I have to admit that seeing Chespin crying over not seeing Pancham again and seemingly being given one of its leafs as a parting gift made me a lot sadder than I expected.
If Pancham doesn't cry as well, or tries to hide the fact that he will cry, I'll be sad. Chespin crying is enough to make me sad though.

Wow, Dedenne's crying a second time in a row. Once from Numelgon, and this from every one of his friends. Tough times, man.

Feeling emotional man. This is the last of the Pokemon Anime I'm going to watch. It has been so long since I started watching it- 16 long years ago, so many memories and nostalgia. But I've made my decision to quit after the XY series and I will go by it. However, I won't be able to control my tears when I will watch it- the episode is going to be sad and emotional itself and more for me as I will watch the Anime for the last time.

Last edited:
Ash's league loss was the rage-breaking point for all of us.

Please don't speak for all of us, because I still like XY and despite Greninja's release, I still think it's one of the best series.
Some like me care because it made no sense to release two out of the 6 pokemon of Ash's team. He didn't had a 7th pokemon or used any reserves at Oak's lab. It was a full team. Greninja was his first fully evolved water starter while Goodra was his first fully evolved pseudo-legendary. To get rid of two powerhouses like that when Ash clearly didn't had any reason to is an insult to fans.

Dude, it's not about the fact that Greninja was Ash's fully evolved water starter, because that seems superficial, it's just that Ash released Greninja despite the fact that they recently proved just how strong their bond is and despite the fact that Ash implied that their bond was probably the catalyst for Greninja being a future saviour for the Kalos region, it still means that Ash won't be with Ash's other Pokemon at Oak's lab or can be called upon, despite the fact that they are so close. And with Goodra, it also doesn't matter that it's his pseudo-legendary that has fully evolved, because that also just seems superficial and I don't see why it can't be called upon, so despite him not having it on him, so I don't think it's a permanent release.

About this episode though, it's nice to see that Pancham is being nice to Chespin by giving it a leaf, because Chespin did something nice for Pancham once, when it offered Pancham some of it's food, around the time of the Master Class performance.

Please don't speak for all of us, because I still like XY and despite Greninja's release, I still think it's one of the best series.

Dude, it's not about the fact that Greninja was Ash's fully evolved water starter, because that seems superficial, it's just that Ash released Greninja despite the fact that they recently proved just how strong their bond is and despite the fact that Ash implied that their bond was probably the catalyst for Greninja being a future saviour for the Kalos region, it still means that Ash won't be with Ash's other Pokemon at Oak's lab or can be called upon, despite the fact that they are so close. And with Goodra, it also doesn't matter that it's his pseudo-legendary that has fully evolved, because that also just seems superficial and I don't see why it can't be called upon, so despite him not having it on him, so I don't think it's a permanent release.

About this episode though, it's nice to see that Pancham is being nice to Chespin by giving it a leaf, because Chespin did something nice for Pancham once, when it offered Pancham some of it's food, around the time of the Master Class performance.
which one you talking about goodra or greninja and do hope we see them again in sun and moon

Can't forget about the time he offered his support to Pancham after he was traumatized from Smoochum's kiss. I remember he placed a paw on his shoulder and had a concerned look on his face.

which one you talking about goodra or greninja and do hope we see them again in sun and moon
Well I was talking about both. Greninja for the first part and Goodra for the second.

Can't forget about the time he offered his support to Pancham after he was traumatized from Smoochum's kiss. I remember he placed a paw on his shoulder and had a concerned look on his face.
Really? I don't remember that scene, but it's nice that Chespin did that. What episode was that? Never mind, I found out.

Well I was talking about both.
Really? I don't remember that scene, but it's nice that Chespin did that. What episode was that? Never mind, I found out.
Yeah, its towards the end of XY 113 as you saw. I always like that they anime would occasionally throw in little moments like this to show that despite the frequent fights and such, Chespin and Pancham are actually pretty close.

But as said before, it's the end of the saga and withdrawing old pokemon recently had only been done to charizard. Unless you count posdible oak's farm cameos, they probably won't return

My sons! They were one of the best parts of the series. I don't think there's ever been such an interesting frienemy/bromance type of relationship shown between two Pokemon. They tried it with Oshawott and Piplup, but that didn't work as well as these two.
Corphish and Grovyle - Snivy and Emolga was kinda like this

I'm fine with Goodra's release cause it ended up as a Pokemon Ash can just call upon if he wants to in the end anyways. Greninja's release is scary cause it might be the starting point of a trend with his future starter Pokemon. It probably only got released cause it was obviously a lot stronger than most Pokemon we've seen throughout the entire anime.

At this point it doesn't look like there will be much Ash and Team Rocket in Kanto action, so I see no real hope for an appearance of their older Pokemon in this episode. That makes me all the more curious for Gourgeist and Inkay's future. It doesn't look like they're in Alola. It's a bit tasteless to leave them behind at the HQ when they had such a strong bond with Jessie & James. But for all we know they could already have went back to Kanto before Ash so they'd be there for the whole episode showing Giovanni their achievements.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what's so wrong in greninja and goodra being released when we are never going to actually see them a part of the journey again? It will probably be a cameo we will see. I have than rotting between some unknown pokemon and being confined at one location. Think about it, greninja can roam around the kalos with legends. While if he wasn't released, he would be roaming in a garden with a dumb oshawot.
Greninja would have seriously felt betrayed if he was left at Oak's.
It is much better as it is now and looking at the new preview, I think hawlucha is going back to the forest since he isn't at the airport in that picture but he is somewhere where they all are crying.

I don't know what's so wrong in greninja and goodra being released when we are never going to actually see them a part of the journey again? It will probably be a cameo we will see. I have than rotting between some unknown pokemon and being confined at one location. Think about it, greninja can roam around the kalos with legends. While if he wasn't released, he would be roaming in a garden with a dumb oshawot.
Greninja would have seriously felt betrayed if he was left at Oak's.
It is much better as it is now and looking at the new preview, I think hawlucha is going back to the forest since he isn't at the airport in that picture but he is somewhere where they all are crying.
Ash is making yet another release? This makes me wonder if Ash is just going to release all of his Pokémon at the end of a new region for now on since it is clearly that he'll never use them again after a single region. Heck, he might well just release all of his Kalos Pokémon sans Pikachu if Hawlucha does indeed get released since that means only about two of his Pokémon are going to be brought back to Oak's place.

I think you might actually be onto something here. I thought it was weird for Pikachu to be crying at him.

It is not superficial. To release two pokemon in his team when he had room for both and no reserves is absurd and poor writing. And no, Kalos is not one of the best series. It is one of the worst alongside Kanto and Unova in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom