• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Just got home and a 10km egg hatched as I was walking down the hallway to my room. Omanyte~ didn't have one yet~ yaaaaaay~

Meanwhile, I'm up to 33 Pikachu candies with my buddy, caught another Bulbasaur and a Vulpix on campus, and there was a Gastly haunting the supermarket. Also, as I was leaving class just now someone had lured the three pokestops outside the science building but as soon as I stepped outside... four Pidgeys spawn right around them. FOUR. PIDGEYS. HAHAHAHAHA. Whoever lured those stops was probably having a fit.

Quite a nice session recently

Level-up: 14 -> 15
New species: Voltorb, Oddish
Lucky Egg + Evolution + Incense party

Managed to catch Voltorb and hatch Oddish from a 5km Egg. Then I got just to the point where a Lucky Egg pop followed by all my available evolutions would get me to Level 15, which I did; 15 is an important level as you get lots of nice items there (3x Incubator, Insense, Lure and another Lucky Egg). I used the Incense right after to get the best use (couldn't use the Lure as well though :( ). Got some nice Pokemon and XP but I am still just one catch away from Nidoran and Spearow :(

I'll probably going to get the Candy needed for those evolutions from the Buddy feature and use the Lure soon, maybe even tomorrow.

I still think that the best, or at least one of the best, experiences for me while using Pokemon Go was catching a Jigglypuff at my old elementary school. I had to use my Dad's phone since the game wasn't loading on mine for some reason and this was I think the first or second day for the app. It wasn't the same school that had people pick on me for liking Pokemon. That place fortunately doesn't exist anymore and became a different school, but it was a secondary school created by the other one that is within my neighborhood. It felt so satisfying to capture a Pokemon there after so many people teased me for liking Pokemon. Even thinking about it just provides a bit of internal relief for me. I've had to transfer a lot of Pokemon to make room, but that Jigglypuff is one that I never want to transfer because of that satisfaction. Along with quite a few other Pokemon because I'm a sentimental gal like that.

I've also found a ton of Growlithe while walking my dog, which I think is just adorable. I don't even mind coming across so many Growlithe since it's one of my favorite Fire type Pokemon and I love puppy dogs anyway. Arcanine has been extremely useful in my Gym battles, even though I have like three of them and could evolve two more Growlithe at this point.

For more recent events, I've caught a few Sycther in my neighborhood, which was pretty awesome, especially a strong one at over 1300 CP. I finally hatched and caught a couple of Vulpix, which I couldn't find for ages. I do like the Growlithe line more than the Vulpix one, but Vulpix is still pretty cool. I also caught a Chansey while waiting in line to pre-order Sun/Moon at GameStop. I found one I think within the first week of playing the game, but that was ages ago and being able to find another one was pretty neat.

Despite not really being excited for Go, how it doesn't have nearly as much going for it compared to other Pokemon games and how the glitches can make it so frustrating, I have grown to like it more than I expected. It's fun little thing to do while I'm out and it has helped to keep me distracted when I'm sad or nervous during those times as well.

Hatched another Ponyta today, which got me enough candies to evolve my first Rapidash~ also hatched my first Seel, and hatched another Drowzee, which got me enough candies to evolve my first Hypno. Also hatched a Magnemite (didn't have one yet) and another Gastly and Dratini. Good day today. ^^ 6 candy until I can finally evolve my Pikachu and get 100 Pokemon into my dex.

Current level: 24
Dex: Caught 99, Seen 101
New species: Rapidash, Seel, Magnemite, Hypno
Top 6 CP: Palmer (2078 Exeggutor), Tidal Wave (2008 Vaporeon), Kraitos (1926 Gyarados), Dahnara (1893 Lapras), Fire Storm (1804 Flareon), Scarlet (1498 Vileplume) (and a bunch of extra Vaporeon and Flareon in there)

I finally caught an Arcanine the other day, but alas only 480 CP. My campus spawns a nice mix of rare Pokemon occasionally. Snorlax shows up at least once a day but I've only been able to get two so far because I'm either in class or it's on the other side of campus. I'm still hoarding all of my stardust because I've yet to find something with good IVs + best moveset + high CP to spend it on.

Great session today, with lots of ups and downs.

Level 15
Caught 54 -> 57
New species: Machoke, Fearow, Nidorino
Lure Module Party + 3 Evolutions (for new species)

I actually missed 2 Spearow and 2 Ekans today, I needed 1 Spearow (at the time) and (still) 2 Ekans for the respective evolutions. I don't mind anymore (especially the Spearow) but they were frustrating at the time they happened. I could use the Ekans though.

The Machop I evolved was the only one (last needed obviously) I caught today, its CP was between 370-390 (can't remember). The evolution pushed it to 624CP, my highest achieved so far. Long gone are the days of Golbat's reign since Level 5. If I ever get Machamp (100 candy will take a long while) it may be one of the Pokemon I'll try to power-up, IIRC I've read it's high enough in the stat list that it is worth to power-up. The only other Pokemon I currently have that I would be willing to invest on is the 438CP Growlithe.

Spearow's evolution came a bit later and it hit 607CP, which is great, but it came a few minutes late for it to get in the top if only for a bit :)

The Buddy feature actually proved itself useful at last, as I got the last Nidoran M candy needed (I had to get 3km for it) for the evolution. It was the last one as I had to keep walking around for those annoying last 100 m that just wouldn't get recorded. But the fact I was trying to get it for a longer time and invested 3km on it makes it feel more of an accomplishment even though the CP isn't enough for it to even get in the Top 6 yet.

After checking the km needed for Buddy Pokemon Candy, I decided on Metapod as my new one. It will take a while (wouldn't take that much if I was in my homeland in the countryside xD) but the distance needed is 1km. At least until I end up in a situation where I get lots of candy on some other random Pokemon whose evolution I'm far from getting yet.

Several sessions since my last post.

Level 15
Caught 57 -> 59
New species: Arbok, Jigglypuff

Just when I needed 1 more Ekans for evolution, I encountered an Arbok. Then I hatched an Ekans too :( The irony, I now have Arbok and more than 75 Ekans Candy. I will evolve 1 more during the Lucky Egg party before Level 20.

Jigglypuff was just a lucky encounter, easy catch.

Missed an Omanyte after 6 Razz Berry + Great Ball attempts :(

I managed to catch lots of Mankey, only need 2 more for evolution now.

I have been finding more Magnemite lately, which is pretty cool. It will still take me awhile to evolve one, but I'm getting closer at least. I was busy catching a Growlithe when I missed my chance to capture a Charmander, which was a bit of a shame. I've only captured one and I've yet to hatch a Charmander. It's going to take me a long time to evolve any of the starters, especially with how rare it is for me to hatch any of them, but hopefully I'll get some starter eggs more frequently.

Another nice session today.

Level 15 -> 16
Caught 59 -> 62
New species: Hitmonlee, Ponyta, Onix

Found a spot that spawns some nice Pokemon, including all the above, which I managed to catch. Hitmonlee and Ponyta were both over 500 CP and made it to my Top 6 (Hitmonlee was my hardest catch ever...). Onix was 300+. I'll probably never bother trying to catch Hitmonlee/Onix again, I wouldn't waste Stardust on powering them up and it would be kinda hard to catch more of these.

Caught several other Pokemon; I am now only 2 catches away from Arcanine, Primeape and Sandslash, as well as 1 catch away from Nidorina. I also finally hit that new level.

Played GO during a trip to the mall and there were a lot of Pokemon. I caught Goldeen, Gastly, Horsea and Male Nidoran which I hadnt gotten yet so thats cool, also managed to evolve Paras finally into Parasect, hit some PokeStops and got some Pokeballs, Potions and a 2 eggs and almost walked enough to hatch my 2km egg so a good day all in all.

This "session" was all played in my living room :)

Level 16
Caught 62 -> 64
New species: Nidorina, Drowzee

As soon as the Halloween event kicked in, I transferred lots of Pokemon (including some I would not consider transferring for a single candy). I then realized that under the buffed transfers, I no longer needed one more Nidoran F catch to get Nidorina. So it was evolution time!

My house is also next to a spawn point which had a Drowzee that I caught. that spawn point makes me feel the need to open the app every 10 minutes while at home

I also switched my Buddy from Metapod to Growlithe; under the buffed transfers, I only need 1 more Candy for evolution; same for Mankey. Not to mention you get the candies at 1/4 of the regular time :D Arcanine and Primeape should be added in the Dex soon.

Today was my best ever when it comes to Pokemon GO.

Level 16 -> 17
Caught 64 -> 71
New species: Hypno, Arcanine, Primeape, Marowak, Sandslash, Seaking, Gastly
Lure Module party (sort of)

Continuing from the previous update, still in my living room, a wild Hypno appeared on the spawn point and I caught it.

I would like to reap the maximum benefit from the event, but there was a problem; I would leave Athens (which is great for Pokemon GO) today to go visit my parents for the Greek national holiday/Halloween. Which would leave me with little time for Pokemon GO play during the event. There was still one way to get a single optimal session, though.

Instead of just going to bed for the night (it was late enough already), I got my phone/power bank charigng to full while I took a nap, then headed out to a nice place in the center of Athens where 3 Pokestops right next to each other get Lures almost constantly (with the very first underground rail of the day). I got the Buddy distance needed for the single Growlithe candy on my way there, and evolved it to a 995 CP Arcanine on the spot. Switched to Mankey Buddy and got the single candy needed for Primeape. Then switched back to Growlithe and got more so I could power-up Arcanine just once more, I wanted it to get past the 1000 CP mark. It now stands at 1036 CP. Primeape has 718CP. And this whole thing was before I even reached the place with the stops.

Upon going there my 2 km Egg hatched into Jigglypuff, then I quickly caught a Clefairy; it was then that I realised that these are the two next Pokemon I should aim getting Buddy Candy for, so I switched to Clefairy. Despite it being very early, there were still Lures up. I leveled up to 17 and also caught enough Cubone to evolve the strongest one to a Marowak (609CP). I also got a single Sandshrew that I needed to evolve for Sandslash (658 CP). I stayed around and caught lots of Pokemon until the battery was almost out.

After returning home I got my phone/power bank charging to full again and took another nap. I didn't have enough time for another optimal session (nor would I like to be stuck with little battery for my long trip) so I just went to the bus station about 30 minutes earlier than I had to. The bus station has a Pokestop and lots of spawn points on top of it (which I already knew). Soon after arriving my new 2km Egg (that replaced Jigglypuff) hatched... into Pidgey :( At least it gave me enough candy to evolve 2 Pidgey during the Great Lucky Egg Party Of Level 19 (trademarked GLEPOL19 :p). My 5 km Egg hatched soon after into Goldeen. And here's the unexpected part... I had hatched a Goldeen before so I had one with a little Candy, but given how rare they are around my place I would never consider it a viable candidate for evolution in the near future. But RNG had other plans for me, so I got a 863 CP Seaking now (#2 strongest CP-wise, would never expect to get a Water-type this strong soon).

And after several awesome new fully-evolved Pokemon, a single Gastly appeared. That was it, I encountered tons of Cubones (enough to get another Marowak evo reserved for the GLEPOL19) and Drowzees (enough to evolve one to Hypno, even though I didn't have to, so it's also reserved for the GLE... whatever), but only a single Gastly. Still enough to get a +1 for the Pokedex, though.

Didn't play any more GO after that, and I doubt I'll be playing a lot during my stay in Olympia. The rest of the day was spent on the bus (where I slept for 90% of the trip), with parents and other relatives soon after I arrived and now some Bulba browsing before I go to bed.
It did mess up with my sleep schedule but I don't regret it one bit; it is these kinds of days that tend to be my most memorable (I could say the same for lots of days where I had to get lots of things done before getting on a bus for my homeland, even though the previous cases weren't GO-related).

On my way to work today I played some of Pokemon GO. Caught a few Meowth, Drowzee and Gastly, a Cubone and a Haunter and got some Bulbasaur candies and hit more Poke Stops and got a few eggs and Pokeballs so it was a pretty good day. Loving the Halloween event, its helping me fill my dex in GO a little bit.

I finally had a bit better luck this morning. I found not only another Gastly, but I caught a Gengar as well. I normally try to avoid capturing evolved forms so I can get more experience when evolving them, but given how rarely I've come across Ghost Pokemon in general and how much candy I could get, I didn't want to miss that opportunity. I do have more than enough candy to evolve a Gastly into a Haunter at least, but I do like the idea of being able to fully evolve a Gastly, if only so I could have a Ghost Pokemon option for challenging a Gym. If I'm able to catch another Gastly and/or one of its evolved form about six more times, then I should have enough candy to fully evolve a Gastly and with any luck, I'll be able to get that amount in the remainder of the event.

I am tempted to change my Buddy Pokemon, but I think I'll keep Gastly for awhile longer. It would potentially reduce the number of other Gastly I'd need to capture and it would serve as a backup amount of candy. I may change my mind about that point later since I can be indecisive as heck and I could probably reduce the amount of candy needed for at least two other Pokemon, but I'll just have to think about that. I may also see what other Pokemon I can hatch from the five kilometer eggs I still have. I'll hopefully be able to get at least a couple more eggs to hatch during this event.

Today I caught enough Meowth to evolve one into a Persian, Caught a few other Pokemon like Drowzee and Gastly too. Hopefully can evolve them soon. Also hit Lv 12 today and hit a bunch of PokeStops getting Pokeballs, Great Balls, potions, etc, my bag is now full so I wont be able to get more stuff for a while. Hopefully I get a chance to go walking soon and work on hatching more eggs since I have 9 of them now.

I had to hand in some forms to the registrar's office yesterday so I went to class via a different route. Found a Gyarados of all things as the first pokemon encountered on campus. Spent the next literally like five or more minutes trying to get the thing to go into a pokeball but finally caught it. Granted, I already evolved a higher CP one before and am halfway to evolving another one but it was still kind of cool to find one. Still wish a Snorlax had appeared though (I know they exist on campus).

Caught another metric crap-ton of ghosts, a Drowsee, a Ponyta out of nowhere, hatched another Pikachu, caught a Slowpoke (already evolved three Slowbro but I hadn't seen a Slowpoke in a good long while), and enough Cubone to evolve one. Had a few Meowth run away from me, which sucks cause I still need a Persian. Haven't found any more Gengar but maybe there will be some today. I did evolve two more though. Also bought a few incubators to take advantage of the shorter hatch times. Haven't gotten a 10km egg in a good long while, dunno what's up with that. Also hit lv 25 recently which means max potions (yay more potions I don't need~).

Back
Top Bottom