• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misfit Angel's Corner

That's another concern of mine, which is probably why I wouldn't use it for anything serious. One of the things I don't like about some of the earlier Pokemon games is how simple the route flow is, but maybe that's the reason why.

Here is what the map looks like without all of the roads and cities on it, if anyone is interested. Lots of low lying flatland in this one, I'm not sure if I like it.

The busy routes could be something like the Netherlands with dikes, canals, and tons of settlements in a small country.

Something different from my usual this time.

cwKhrYa.png

I can't take complete credit for this image, it's mostly a test to see if I could make something fairly ancient looking. I don't know where the owl is from, I found it buried in a sea of clip art I downloaded off the internet ages ago. I won't reveal the meaning of the text, as it's potentially spoilery for something I'm working on. Edit: rather than just leave it, I've altered the text to be significantly less spoilery, since I'm sure there's translators out there for the text.

Last edited:
54Ju3Oq.png

Back with another map, this time the Kingdom of Glastonfell, a sister region that's relatively oft-mentioned but yet to be visited in my fanfic, Land of the Roses. Details are scant at the moment as I have no reason to fill in the blanks or decide what any of these places are, though I do have a few ideas.

Here are the kingdoms of Lanark and Glastonfell put together.

Wow you're really good at this, all your stuff seems like it took ages to make D: Definitely would love to play a game with a style like this. Also love your maps, especially the above one. Probably because it has a lot of bends in the roads compared to the Pokémon maps which are often pretty straightforward, making them kinda boring compared to this. Keep up the good work! :D

Ugh, yes, it takes waaaaaaay too long to do most of this stuff. I've been working on my Pokemon inspired RPG for about six months (some stuff posted in this thread, as you've probably noticed) and I've barely made any progress. Maybe someday it'll get finished.

I say, the winding routes also looks more natural, considering how real life roads (at least in the Old World, and even some of the older settlements in Australia and North America), generally evolve. Is the above map intended to be a Europe-inspired region like Kalos?

The above map is intended to be my world's representation of the Scottish highlands. There are too few lakes for my liking, but I found it difficult to fit them in between the mountainous areas.

Edit: Here's a bit of a different submission this time. It's something I started working on awhile ago but never finished. I doubt I ever will finish it, so I'll just post what I have:

Click for a larger version!

I'm currently in the process of writing a novel that's focused mostly on early interstellar space exploration, undertaken by a crew of 72 aboard Earth's first deep space warp-capable spacecraft, the Purity. I had a little fun with developing a NASA-styled mission patch for it, but I never got around to actually designing the ship, which would have been featured in the center of the patch.

Last edited:
Refering to the above: Are you thinking of bringing Pokémon to space?

Heh, no. Well, not specifically with that. The mission patch is for a story that's more akin to Star Trek: Enterprise and Battlestar Galactica.

Though, back when I was writing a story by the name of Storm Island, the idea of sending the main characters up to an orbital space station to investigate strange happenings did come me. I never got around to writing it, but I extensively planned it. The idea was that the entire crew of the space station would have been replaced by a hostile self-replicating lifeform that's able to mimic whatever form it desires. Each of the lifeforms was to be dispatched and the station cleared out by the main characters. In the final scene where they return to Earth, I intended to have copies of the main characters slink around the transportation area of the station, indicating that the threat hadn't been properly taken care of.

It's basically Ditto in Spaaaaaaaace and a really dumb idea, kinda glad I never got around to it.

A new submission, photography:

vASTsZ3l.jpg

Snapped this photo of the eclipse just before a giant cloud rolled in and ruined the rest of the event. 10x zoom through a solar filter on my crappy digital camera.

Amusingly, I had to take this shot blind, because I couldn't see what my camera was looking at through my own solar filter. The only indication I had that my camera was pointed in vaguely the right direction was that the sun disappeared behind my camera. Took only two attempts to get this photo, so I must have some pretty good aim, especially taking into account the very very narrow field of view I was working with.

OzwTTPi.png

Here's a collection of flag designs I've been working on recently. I noticed that I've drafted a lot of background information about the world my fanfic is set in, including a list of nations that are mentioned at least once within my writing, so I figured I'd hammer out some flag designs for them. A list, and the inspiration for them:
  • Kingdom of Glastonfell (Scotland)
  • Kingdom of Constantia (Great Britain)
  • Thornwall Isles (Cornwall)
  • Free Republic of Asperia (Poland)
  • Prefectures of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh (Japan)
  • Unova State (New York. Couldn't be bothered to mimic the coat of arms design)
  • Alolan Isles (Hawaii)
  • Third Kalosian Republic (France)
  • Storm Island (British Overseas Territory)
  • East Sakala (India)
  • West Sakala (British India)
  • People's Republic of Shinikara (China)
  • Durandas (Islamic militant groups)
  • Ranaa Caliphate (Various Arab states)
  • Mangada (Angola)
  • Ahnkhol Empire (Mongolian Empire)
  • Romatti Empire (Roman Empire)
  • Iron Union of Kanetsk (Russia)
I think it's fair to say that I have far, far too much time on my hands. Next up, making actual flags of these instead of these tiny button label things.

So, I've been hard at work over the past three or four days working on some sprites for an upcoming RPG project. They're all related to character customization:

Click for a better view

What we have here is 24 different (but largely similar) hairstyles built out of modular parts I've spent the past few days on. Most of the hairstyles are simple and only use one or two parts, but some of them can get quite complex and use up to six! And this isn't even everything I've got drawn, this is just the pieces I've actually put together and onto our lovely beach-ready model.

There's also a lot of modular pieces for things like shirts, pants, makeup, etc, but those aren't quite ready to show off yet.

(click for 2x view)

Just an (empty) open air marketplace in my RPG. Once things are set up, you'll be able to find all sorts of stuff here, ranging from clothes to items necessary for game/quest completion. Prices will vary day by day, so be on the lookout for deals and steals!

So I was tasked with creating a worldbuilding article in the Writers' Workshop and for part of it, I figured I'd touch on how I create maps. Here's a semi-finished version of the map I created for that article, rotated 180 degrees:

6KuB457.png

I don't have any details about this place, it's just something I drafted up and felt quite proud of in the end.

(as usual, click for a 2x view)

I finally got around to designing shoe options for my RPG. There isn't much variety yet, but this should cover the basics for now. Need to figure out how to do high heels without things looking strange.

Also, have a bonus Leaf:
o5vLjdV.png

I think, with this last push, I've finally finished the female side of the character customizer I've been working on. Combining 103 individual pieces into 160 shirt/top options, 19 shoe options, 27 pants/skirt options and 7 makeup options (hair is currently being retallied at the moment, no numbers here), it's fair to say that options are almost limitless, especially since they can be recolored into whatever you want. That's not even where it ends either, hats and gloves are on the way, as well as decorations like shirt logos. But since those aren't important at the moment, they can wait.

dle7Ram.png

This isn't a perfect representation of what the character customizer will look like, but it's a working version.

Now... to do this all over again with a male model, who I've yet to draw...

An customization for an Avatar similar to the more recent Pokemon and Fire Emblem games?

Back
Top Bottom