• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Good graphics should not be important to a game. A six-gig sprite game that can devote four gig to stuff to do is always going to be superior to a six-gig VR game which can only devote one gig to stuff to do.

VR games are a terrible idea that keeps cropping up and dying. Why can't we let this zombie stay in its grave?

"Immersive" doesn't mean "good," and I am confused why there is so much recent confusion between the two ideas. I've found most immersive mods for games to be 90% needless crap, 10% worthy additions.

If your attempt to update the graphics of a game is going to break far more than it improves (Skyrim SE), why bother with the update?

I actually like RE5 and RE6 because they show a realistic transformation in how people treat the horrors of that kind of zombie. Plus, I like how they show the world is continuing on and evolving with the ongoing world problems it created.

I think World of Warcraft is a terrible game and has always been a terrible game. It embodies the worst traits of MMOs. I love its lore, but the game itself has never improved in my opinion.

Multiplayer aspects do not improve a game unless it was specifically designed to be multiplayer from the beginning.

I disagree with several of the opinions presented, but I suppose that's the point of this thread.
I might get some flak for this (or I might not), but I was never really much of a fan of BW. The game kind of underwhelmed me until more or less the very last leg of the story when N's Castle comes into the picture. That part is pretty good, but the fight with N is a huge letdown when you look past the spectacle aspect of it. (Ghetsis was a pretty fun boss though.)
Though really, it's to the point that I couldn't tell you the names of most of the towns or recall much of the soundtrack among other things. What can I say? I guess it just didn't leave an impression on me. Enough to keep me from getting BW2 actually. I suppose I can say I enjoyed it more than XY though. Though BW DOES have some good ideas, but I feel the execution was lacking. I honestly didn't end up putting the same amount of hours into the game that I did Emerald or Platinum.
tl;dr BW didn't leave as much of an impression on me as it seems to have on other people.

- N is the 2nd worst thing ever to happen in Pokemon.
- Call of Duty brings people together and I don't get the hate for it. No one is forcing you to buy it.
- FIFA is the greatest video game series that brings people together.
- Sonic games should not have focus on a story line. Same as Pokemon. Pokemon story lines are lame. You don't even get to make proper choices and nor does it really go anywhere.
- Crash Bandicoot > Mario. Yeah, I went there.
- Nintendo 64 controller was kind of stupid. Playstation controller just made everything easier.

I disagree with several of the opinions presented, but I suppose that's the point of this thread.
I might get some flak for this (or I might not), but I was never really much of a fan of BW. The game kind of underwhelmed me until more or less the very last leg of the story when N's Castle comes into the picture. That part is pretty good, but the fight with N is a huge letdown when you look past the spectacle aspect of it. (Ghetsis was a pretty fun boss though.)
Though really, it's to the point that I couldn't tell you the names of most of the towns or recall much of the soundtrack among other things. What can I say? I guess it just didn't leave an impression on me. Enough to keep me from getting BW2 actually. I suppose I can say I enjoyed it more than XY though. Though BW DOES have some good ideas, but I feel the execution was lacking. I honestly didn't end up putting the same amount of hours into the game that I did Emerald or Platinum.
tl;dr BW didn't leave as much of an impression on me as it seems to have on other people.
I actually agree with BW, but B2W2 redeemed gen V for me, it had a lot more to do all the while keeping a good ish storyline.

I think Gen 6 had a good storyline tbh, I never got the team flare hate.
lyrebird said:
Nintendo 64 controller was kind of stupid. Playstation controller just made everything easier.
Definitely agreed, the analog circling minigames in mario party 1 only prove this further as opposed to similar minigames on the ps1

Speaking of Smash Bros. 4, part of me thinks that the whole "Dark Pit joining Viridi to destroy humanity" is a pathetic excuse to explain how Pit and Dark Pit can damage each other if they're both not on the same color team.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is the best of the Arkham games and I consider Arkham Knight to be far superior to Arkham City was, which I thought was a pretty underwhelming game.

I'm not sure if this in an actual unpopular opinion but I'm seriously not feeling Resident Evil 7. Everything about it feels like it's Capcom chasing trends as they've been doing and it really doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game to me, even after the updates to the demo.

Luigi's Mansion 2 was a gigantic letdown and I firmly believe that it being made for the 3DS is what contributed heavily to this. Instead of the great level design we had with the original, it just felt like bland, unconnected levels and the entire experience felt way too repetitious.

I actually really liked the ending for The Last of Us and the way it let players come to their own conclusions on the final scene.

Prince of Persia (2008) was the best game in the franchise and I would have preferred a sequel that fixed the reboot's flaws (such as giving us better fights to show off the games deep combo system it had) instead of returning to the old timeline with Forgotten Sands.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is the best of the Arkham games and I consider Arkham Knight to be far superior to Arkham City was, which I thought was a pretty underwhelming game.
Agreed
I'm not sure if this in an actual unpopular opinion but I'm seriously not feeling Resident Evil 7. Everything about it feels like it's Capcom chasing trends as they've been doing and it really doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game to me, even after the updates to the demo.
Disagreed
Luigi's Mansion 2 was a gigantic letdown and I firmly believe that it being made for the 3DS is what contributed heavily to this. Instead of the great level design we had with the original, it just felt like bland, unconnected levels and the entire experience felt way too repetitious.
Agreed to an extent, dark moon had some fun levels most of which were bosses, but other than that meh
I actually really liked the ending for The Last of Us and the way it let players come to their own conclusions on the final scene.
This is an unpopular opinion? I thought everyone myself included, thought this, either way agreed

Prince of Persia (2008) was the best game in the franchise and I would have preferred a sequel that fixed the reboot's flaws (such as giving us better fights to show off the games deep combo system it had) instead of returning to the old timeline with Forgotten Sands.
While I liked the forgotten sands (specially the ds game) agreed otherwise unless you're talking the two nes games, of which the second (which never got a XBLA release unlike the first) is the best there is.
Speaking of prince of persia, assassins creed needs to end the modern storyline now so that ubisoft montreal can make another PoP game like the original AC was going to be

This is an unpopular opinion? I thought everyone myself included, thought this, either way agreed

I recall a lot of backlash to the ending at the time. It might have just been from the circles I was in but in my experience, there generally seemed to be more dislike for the ending. Maybe that's changed over the years or something, I dunno.

100% agree on the Assassin's Creed thing btw.

I really dislike Overwatch.

I mean, I like TF2, but... I just don't know what it is about the former... it never clicked with me.

Sometimes I agree with censorship in games (agreed with Bravely Default's upping the characters' ages but since they upped their ages I don't see why they needed to cut all the rest of it out).

While I usually hate it in general (well, I just hate when they change words/topics like not talking about death or dumbing down swears basically), sometimes I think it is good.

Though when it comes to gore I think there should be an option, while I'm fine blowing someone's head up in Fallout 4 I have no desire to torture them because that's just cruel (to me anyway, I hate torture). Gore intensity options would be nice please :/ at least with nudity it usually has options and if anything it's during cutscenes you can look away from.

Sometimes I agree with censorship in games (agreed with Bravely Default's upping the characters' ages but since they upped their ages I don't see why they needed to cut all the rest of it out).

While I usually hate it in general (well, I just hate when they change words/topics like not talking about death or dumbing down swears basically), sometimes I think it is good.

Though when it comes to gore I think there should be an option, while I'm fine blowing someone's head up in Fallout 4 I have no desire to torture them because that's just cruel (to me anyway, I hate torture). Gore intensity options would be nice please :/ at least with nudity it usually has options and if anything it's during cutscenes you can look away from.
sunset overdrive had an option to turn the gore AND swearing off iirc.

Back
Top Bottom