• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Spoilers) The fate of Nebby?

Reaction score
I was curious as to what you all did with your respective Lunala or Solgaleo. Did you keep it on your team for the rest of gameplay? Or box it away? Also feel free to discuss anything related to it here. I must say, out of all the legendaries we are forced to interact with, Lunala/Solgaleo by far have the best story and credibility in terms of capture. Lunala, immediately before Mega Rayquaza, has become my new favorite legendary.

I just acquired Lunala, and nicknamed her(?) Nebby (it's basically an unspoken rule to nickname it that :p or we can't be friends :mad:), and am now conflicted on whether to keep using my original party or not. :cry: I never use legendaries but this game has caused me to re-elevate my feelings.

I only use the legendaries I really, truly love, that is, the ones who I like on every level (design, stats, story, etc.).

Nebby is on my team. I don't regret using my Lunala whatsoever.

Lunala was boxed instantly with no nickname, although it is currently holding the Poké Doll that Lillie gave me so that I don't accidentally use it when going for an Adrenaline Orb.

I'd probably feel slightly worse (but not profoundly bad) about this if Poké Pelago didn't exist.

I put Lunala in the box. I thought about putting it on my team but then there would have been overlapping types and I didn't want that.

But I did spend some time with Lunala in Pokemon Refresh and sometimes I put them in the hot spring on Poke Pelago.

After I made quick business with the legendary through a Quick Ball, I left my Moon Nebby in a box, as I already had a Slowbro and a Mimikyu on my team. Guess I'm not a very good parent after all despite what Lillie anticipated. On the plus side, I did give her/them (the RotomDex claims its female for some reason even though its genderless) Lillie's Poke Doll. I also briefly used her/them/it to create a new Cosmog, which I then nicknamed "Nebby Jr."

I don't like using Legendary Pokemon on in-game teams, so alas I chose to send dear Nebby to Poke Pelego. I felt it would be insulting to Lillie to call him anything other than Nebby, so I just properly nicknamed him. I wasn't able to use him as Lillie wished I would have, so hopefully that lovable lion was able to enjoy himself on the Pelego Isles:)

Last edited:
Doomed to a box forever.

I just headcanon that the player character is looking after Nebby until Lillie becomes a proficient trainer.

I actually put Solgaleo into my team in Sun. Finally got it to level 100 which is a pain in my opinion. Didn't bother fully evolving Cosmog since I only end up with another Solgaleo.

Solgaleo Nebby will forever rot in my box because he has a terrible nature and IVs. Lunala Nebby however, is Modest with really good IVs and I will probably EV train and use her.

I boxed it away and I feel really guilty about it after everything Lillie said regarding its future.

Like what everyone else said, rotting in a box. Honestly, I think I'll just use the alternate universe Cosmog, then Wonder Trade Nebby just to piss off Lillie. That's what you fucking get for not keeping Nebby in a bag or PokeBall. That's what Nebby gets for being a little shit most of the game.

To be fair though, I named it Nebby and gave it the stupid Poke Doll. That way, it can always remember its trainer.

First off, you may want to get rid of the word "your" in the title. I worry that's a spoiler for the fact that you'll get Nebby.

Speaking of which, I indeed let Nebby retain her (she's Lunala, said to be female) name. Save for those proven to exist in multiples (and I guess this applies to Cosmog's line too), I'm usually not fond of naming legendaries something than their "species" name, let alone owning them. But since I knew the little girl as the happily-named Nebby the Cosmog all this time, I felt like letting her keep her name.

However, she's relaxing in Poke Pelago instead of travelling with me, since for my headcanon, I personally like to avoid having plot-related Pokemon on my official team, which ties into what I said about owning one-of-a-kind legendaries above. She's in one of the boxes simply for Pokemon-catching storage, separate from my "headcanon team" box named after a location I made up which is my headcanon home.

I should probably give her Lillie's Poke Doll, though. :p

He's hanging out over at PokePelago with all of my Pokémon, I sometimes take him out to pet him and feed him beans.

I gave him Lillie's Pokedoll as well though, he should always have a reminder of the person most important in his life.

Last edited:
I put Lunala in the box since I already had a full team and I don't like using legendaries on my team.

If it helps I did put Lunala in Isle Avue to relax afterwards, so it felt a bit better. :p

This whole thread just makes me more frustrated about the fact that Lillie didn't keep Nebby. <_>

IMO, Nebby should have gone with Lillie and the player character could have gotten the random Cosmog from other world either way.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom