• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Due to overwhelming public suggestion, Pokémon types have been re-added to the move articles. The format is a bit different than it used to be, but we hope that this formatting will provide all the information that people could want from these articles, whether they're working a type balancing within a team, trying to plan out breeding, wanting to see some how many Pokémon of a type happen to learn a specific move, or anything else.
Thanks to you and the staff for the update. I like it already!

There should be an article about ambush encounters from sun and moon (the moving splash, rustle and sand)

There should be an article about ambush encounters from sun and moon (the moving splash, rustle and sand)

What a coinky-dink; I just read an article about that subject today! XD. It looks like someone has a mainspace-intended article about that subject in their Bulbapedia userspace:

User:TepiGreninja/Ambush encounter - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Corresponding talk page - User talk:TepiGreninja/Ambush encounter - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

No idea what I'm doing. Hope this is the right thread. Don't yell at me if its not.
I thought someone should know... I played Pearl version today (yes I know its 2016), and I was on Route 228 in the grass in the sandstorm looking for pokemon.
Of course I would find pokemon in the grass and to my surprise a wild Cacturne (lvl 53) showed up. I threw out my Graveler (lvl 50) to battle.
The sandstorm brewed, yada-yada. Anyways. Cacturne did not affect my accuracy with any of its moves and I tried Rock Smash (HM in Pearl with 100% accuracy rate) TWICE and it told me it missed BOTH times.
I was purely confused, so Sandstorm must affect accuracy somehow. But it did not show it on this page Sandstorm (weather condition) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia so I don't think it is accurate.
It should be under the effects in battle section. And the answer is no, there is no way to fact check me sorry guys. But I am 100% serious that it missed TWICE.
Btw, I called BS on that after it happened TWICE and I fled using my smoke ball.

The issue's simple-Cacnea has Sand Veil. Sand Veil increases the Pokemon's evasion in a sandstorm. While it doesn't go into detail on the effect, the In Battle section does say that Sand Veil is activated.

"that are restricted or banned from certain official tournaments, battle facilities, and link battle formats"
The tapus and synthetic Pokemon aren't banned from any of these, so they don't fit the requirements that page defines.

How are encounter rates determined?

I've been fishing in Paniola Town, Sun's resident farm town, for at least a week now. Day in and day out I've fished at the town center's mini-lake and picked up a Magikarp every time. What I've actually been looking for is a Barboach, but I have fished in that tiny pond (while bubbling) at least a good 15 times now and gotten nothing but freaking Magikarps. This isn't just this pond, Alola's aquatic analogue for tall grass spouts Magikarps everywhere at ridiculously high percentages. I'm stumped as to how anyone has gotten any fish pokemon from these piles of rock. I consulted Bulbapedia to see if I've been looking at it wrong the whole time, if the encounter rate for Barboaches is particularly low.

I've never extensively used the site before, but the Paniola town entry has the rate that I was looking for (and some extra stuff too!). However, I'm completely dumbfounded as to how I could've met 15 Magikarps in a row when they're only supposed to show up 50% of the time. I'm in shock, and I'm finding it hard to believe that the numbers are accurate. Maybe I've missed the meaning of what the rates represent. With this curiosity firmly in place, I'd like to know if anybody has a sharp handle on the encounter rates, what they represent, how they're totaled, etc.

Eck, forgot the link. Here's a screenshot too.
Screenshot_5_LI.jpg

I don't think this is the issue, but just to be clear, after the first encounter fishing while bubbling, are you leaving and coming back so that it starts bubbling again?

I'm not sure how the encounter rates are determined-I think datamining, but I don't know-but I do know it's supposed to be their probably generated by the game. Think of it like flipping a coin-each side has a 50/50 chance of being the outcome, but it won't always be exactly half of them-sometimes, it might even be totally unbalanced! But with more outcomes, the two ought to get closer and closer to resembling the probability they're supposed to.

If it helps at all, Barboach doesn't only have to be found in Paniola Town-check its page to see some other locations you can find it in.

because sun and moon also have many minor differences(mallow/kiawe batle, totem gumshoos/raticate, exclusive colors) that should at least be on the games' article
The Gumshoos and Raticate is a really minor detail, I don't think it needs to be pointed out in the game's articles. The split in colors I can see being more important, but Sun/Moon clothing doesn't have much information in general, unfortunately. (not saying that it shouldn't be added, but it seems like it'll take some time to get there) I do think a section in the games' article would be good, though.

It may be useful to make a user page. I don't know that we've ever noted any version differences beyond fundamental story elements and version-exclusive Pokemon, I don't know if it'd be right to start with SM. If you make a user page (with a mainspace tag/template), it'll be much easier to figure whether there's really enough substance to warrant putting it in the mainspace.

I'm not sure if really matters but I was reading Special Pokémon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia and in Sun & Moon they term has been expanded/changed. I don't if it's a localization issue or if they are referring to something different in Japan but in Rotomdex it classifies Type: Null / Silvally as well as the Tapus as special Pokemon.
Can you explain in what way it classifies them as "Special Pokémon"? Because if you go by the Pokédex background, it makes it clear they are NOT Special Pokémon.

I
It may be useful to make a user page. I don't know that we've ever noted any version differences beyond fundamental story elements and version-exclusive Pokemon, I don't know if it'd be right to start with SM. If you make a user page (with a mainspace tag/template), it'll be much easier to figure whether there's really enough substance to warrant putting it in the mainspace.
I'm a new user and I don't know how write according to the wiki policy

How do I do that?

Back
Top Bottom