• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.
"My sister," Rose commented as she looked at Kyle.

Leah then turned her attention to Xavier, and nodded.

"As okay as I can be, given the circumstances of what just happened," she admitted.

Xavier nodded, smiling sadly at Leah's remark. "I understand. We're all glad you're alright... it's a horrible situation... It's unfortunately why we have to keep to these safehouses... a situation I'm actively working on rectifying for all of us..." He sighed. "But these things take time. A decade and I'm no closer."

"Well, let's just say that being a hostage for the humans isn't something I ever want to deal with again," Leah replied sadly, "They've had me for about a month, using me as bait in trying to find other safe houses..."

Xavier raised an eyebrow at this. "A month... I'm so sorry... thank god you're alright..." A group like this had been operating for a month and he hadn't heard about it... combined with the group Myn had run into... two inexcusable intelligence failings had caused great harm in the same night. "I'm just glad you're okay and you're reunited with your sister..."

"Thanks," Leah replied sadly as she looked down at her mug of hot chocolate, "Our other sister is still out there somewhere. I'm sure she's fine though. Don't apologize though. Being captured by humans isn't all that bad in the sense of you get tiny bits of information about their motives and plans."

Xavier cracked a smile at this. "Now it seems like you and I will have a lot to talk about then. I take great interest in the motives and plans of the enemy. And I take great pleasure in ruining them..."

"Well, it's a lot easier when I can read their minds," Leah replied with a small laugh, "No, I don't read minds often. Just when I'm in a dire situation and need it. Though I will definitely enjoy getting to talk with you. Maybe we can find a way to keep this place safer and the humans farther away."

Xavier made a mental note never to get on Leah's bad side. "Count on it." He promised before standing up. There was only one thing left to do. Going over to Rose he muttered in her ear. "Mind taking a quick walk with me? I need to ask you something privately."

Rose looked to Xavier and nodded.

"Sure," she replied, "We'll need to be on guard though."

Rose smiled slightly as she followed him outside. She did have to wonder what he wanted exactly though.

"So, what's going on?" she asked.

"When that whole dust-up was getting going..." Xavier paused to try and figure out how to phrase the question. "You asked me to get my weapons. You knew I was armed and had more weapons in my room. How did you know that?"

"The smell of blood gives many things away," Rose replied with a smile, "Plus I doubt you'd be heading into a safe house with just one weapon."

"Vampires." Xavier muttered under his breath. He was clearly amused. "Suppose I should come clean then. I'm a professional killer. I hunt down humans who hunt us and I kill them. I completed a job earlier in the day and I was only planning on bunking with you all for a day or two. Until the heat died down from my little murder spree... never try to leave the scene of the crime... it gives you away." He frowned. "At first I thought those humans were looking for me... but your sister informed me otherwise."

"You mean the smell of blood wouldn't have given you away or the weapons or the clothes?" Rose joked when she looked to Xavier, "Seriously though, I understand. I've killed more humans than I would ever like to admit. Gotta keep myself alive somehow...and Leah is a good sister. She's the youngest of the three siblings. Though to be fair, humans are looking for all of us in general."

Xavier nodded. "Too true. And it seems I don't even have to ask my followup. Namely of you had any problems having someone like me in the house." He remarked. "And you'd be surprised how easy it is to hide in plain sight. I don't think anyone else in that house was aware of my... calling."

"At this point, we can't abandon one another," Rose explained seriously, "The owners would never turn you away, and never would I. If I'm here, helping out creatures and other skilled people, then I'm doing my job. Even if I can't go out there and actively hunt or do your job, my job here is to help the ones that need a sanctuary in all of this madness."

"Of course. And my job is to rid the world of the scourge that makes these havens a sad fact of life for us." Xavier sighed. "We all have our parts to play in the play after all..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom