• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S19 EP48: The Legend of X, Y, and Z!

It took me a week to watch this episode because I didn't really care about its premise. Now that I've seen it, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it wasn't good either.

The entire episode felt like fanfiction that was turned into an actual episode. Between the love story, Isla looking and sounding just like Serena, Olympia's ancestor (who looks and sounds just like her), the little girl who looks and sounds just like Bonnie with a Dedenne to boot...it was weird and felt like it was trying too hard to be fanservice-y.

I also agree with everyone else complaining about the laziness of the dub here. Why the super old title card? Why is Ash reading that and saying "Who's That Pokémon"? That actually took me out of the episode a bit, because he had nothing to do with it. It should've been Alexa or Sycamore reading that stuff.

I like that we actually got to see a character age through both appearance and voice. That was actually what I found most interesting about the episode, which says something...

Still don't understand why this was dubbed. If I had to choose between the two specials, I much rather would've rather had the Clemont and Cilan one. This just felt like a waste of an episode. Honestly, I would've preferred another episode of the actual XYZ season to exist, even if it was just filler or something.
Well at least we can all take a deep sigh of relief because that's the last time TPCI will ever mess up a title card like that again.

Well at least we can all take a deep sigh of relief because that's the last time TPCI will ever mess up a title card like that again.
what exactly do you mean by that? to my knowledge, TPCI is still dubbing the Pokemon Anime. Unless you're emplying that Disney XD is going to try to force some major changes to Pokemon.
This may explain the delay in airing the new Sun and Moon episodes.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom