• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A new generation gives more motivation that a third version. Why would I buy a Switch just for the third version of a game I just played?

Because you're going to buy Nintendo Switch for Gen VIII anyway. If you already know you are going to get Nintendo Switch for Gen VIII, then what difference does it make if you get it a little earlier for Pokémon Stars first?

A new generation gives more motivation that a third version. Why would I buy a Switch just for the third version of a game I just played?

That's the thing - you're most likely going to have to buy one at some point anyway if you want to play Gen 8. Nobody is buying a Switch "just" for Stars. People will be buying Switches because it's what they're moving toward.

At that point, people will also have the option to consider buying Stars in the meantime. Although you're certainly not obligated to buy it if you don't want to. Stars is ultimately just a signifier of where the series will find its home after the 3DS.

Rattata, Yungoos and their evos can be found in the following areas:
Routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, Hau'oli City, Kala'e Bay, Verdant Cavern, Akala Outskirts, Ancient Poni Path, Malie City, Poni Gauntlet, Poni Grove, Poni Plains, Poni Wilds, Tapu Village
(22 areas)

Pikipek and Trumbeak can be found in the following areas:
Routes 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, Lush Jungle, Poni Grove, Poni Plains
(9 areas)

Now let's look at XY:
Bunnelby: in 4 areas
Fletchling: in 3 areas

and ORAS:
Poochyena: 3 areas
Zigzagoon + Linoone: 13 areas
Taillow: 5 areas

and BW:
Patrat + Watchog: 9 areas
Lillipup + Herdier: 6 areas
Pidove + Tranquill: 8 areas

and DP:
Bidoof + Bibarel: 18 areas
Starly + Staravia: 15 areas

I'm just gonna stop there, but so far the only worse one is Starly and Staravia with 15 areas in DP, while Pikipek and Trumbeak are 'only' in 9. However, not a single game is beating that ridiculous 22 areas in which Rattata/Yungoos and evos appear, only Bidoof+Bibarel come close with 18 areas.

Now with Tentacool it's correct that the other games have it everywhere too, which has been a complaint forever. Which they still refused to fix with SM, so I would like to see it fixed now please. With 133 Water-type Pokémon it can't be that hard to give us some diversity.

Mmm, I think you're missing a few:

GSC:
Rattata/Raticate: 24 areas
Zubat/Golbat: 17 areas
Geodude/Graveler: 9 areas
Hoothoot/Noctowl: 14 areas

DPPt:
Zubat/Golbat: 22 areas
Geodude/Graveler: 19 areas
Budew/Roselia: 9 areas

GSC and DPPt definitely stand out as worse offenders than SM, there's multiple Pokemon in those games that show up just as much if not more so than the Yungoos, Rattata-A, and Pikipek do.

That's the thing - you're most likely going to have to buy one at some point anyway if you want to play Gen 8. Nobody is buying a Switch "just" for Stars. People will be buying Switches because it's what they're moving toward.

At that point, people will also have the option to consider buying Stars in the meantime. Although you're certainly not obligated to buy it if you don't want to. Stars is ultimately just a signifier of where the series will find its home after the 3DS.

Most people probably aren't going to go for that though, they'll wait until they see a Pokemon game they really want and then buy a Switch, so that strategy isn't really going to work.

GSC and DPPt definitely stand out as worse offenders than SM, there's multiple Pokemon in those games that show up just as much if not more so than the Yungoos, Rattata-A, and Pikipek do.

So it's doing a bit better than a game than came out 10 years ago and another one that came out almost 20 years ago. How exactly is that a compliment?:p The games after DPPt didn't have this problem, so this is more of a downgrade than an improvement in any way.

And it's still no excuse to not give us some variation now, we have more than 700 Pokémon ffs, there is not a single good reason to have the same Pokémon line in 22 areas.

People like me, who were before now console gamers, and hadn't got the experience and feel of main Pokemon games, or people who didn't buy Sun and Moon for some reason. Remember, EVERYONE is free to buy Stars, not just people who had a 3DS.

One of my bigger complaints about Pokemon distribution and availability is that some of the same Pokemon have been included in local dexes within back-to-back games. Pokemon like Alakazam, Hariyama, Magnezone, and Pelipper have all been present in XY, ORAS, and SM. What makes it worse is that some of these Pokemon are very good so you'll see them more than a few times on important opposing trainers' teams.

Last edited:
I swear to God we are always going back to talking about if Stars will exist instead of speculation. There are like multiple threads for those, please leave this for speculation for Stars content if it comes out.

I swear to God we are always going back to talking about if Stars will exist instead of speculation. There are like multiple threads for those, please leave this for speculation for Stars content if it comes out.

Can't be helped. Everytime a fairly interesting convo or observation point pops up, it doesn't even last a page since there's always that ONE guy who for who knows what reason brings up "validity" and then it devolves into game issues vs denial, the Switch itself and Pokemon fans thinking they're brand some end all console sellers ignoring whatever said console may have up its sleeve or has the potential to do (and to be fair, if you aren't following various electronic/gaming circles for info and specs Nintendo is giving relatively little info and the console is like a week away).

So we get pages of THAT instead. It qwells we get another nice new chat point/observation, lather, rinse, repeat.

But to stay on topic: I hope Stars is an expanded and better padded out SM. Would like to see old battle formats return. Pokemon who actually have business in Alola showing up would be nice too. I'm not shooting for much.

Can't be helped. Everytime a fairly interesting convo or observation point pops up, it doesn't even last a page since there's always that ONE guy who for who knows what reason brings up "validity" and then it devolves into game issues vs denial, the Switch itself and Pokemon fans thinking they're brand some end all console sellers ignoring whatever said console may have up its sleeve or has the potential to do (and to be fair, if you aren't following various electronic/gaming circles for info and specs Nintendo is giving relatively little info and the console is like a week away).

So we get pages of THAT instead. It qwells we get another nice new chat point/observation, lather, rinse, repeat.

But to stay on topic: I hope Stars is an expanded and better padded out SM. Would like to see old battle formats return. Pokemon who actually have business in Alola showing up would be nice too. I'm not shooting for much.

It's even worse when the one that continues to revert the conversation back to saying Stars won't happen is the one who created this thread to begin with. Why create a thread to discuss Pokémon Stars if all they have to say is that it doesn't exist?

Continuing your topic. I feel as though removed battle formats should reappear on Stars for Switch, as Stars won't have any restrictions or limitations that SM had on 3DS. I'm curious to see what other new features that will be implemented.

If it’s just the same game with Necrozma in place of Solgaleo/Lunala, then why would we want it?

If it’s just the same game with Necrozma in place of Solgaleo/Lunala, then why would we want it?

Didn't you read the conversation? I just posted the answer a few posts above. But for the sake of your convenience, I'll just copy-paste it.

"People like me, who were before now console gamers, and hadn't got the experience and feel of main Pokemon games, or people who didn't buy Sun and Moon for some reason. Remember, EVERYONE is free to buy Stars, not just people who had a 3DS."

Well first off, it's not going to be Necrozma in place of Solgaleo/Lunala, because that just doesn't work. Necrozma will have to have some other role, and I doubt it's going to replace Nihilego as the object of Lusamine's obsession, either, lest we see Lillie with a gothic makeover.

Second, the reason why you'd want it is the same as why you'd have wanted Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, or Platinum, except with the addition of "Awesome, Pokémon on my TV!" and "Well I have to buy a Switch eventually anywayyyyyy so I may as well get this."

Well first off, it's not going to be Necrozma in place of Solgaleo/Lunala, because that just doesn't work. Necrozma will have to have some other role, and I doubt it's going to replace Nihilego as the object of Lusamine's obsession, either, lest we see Lillie with a gothic makeover.
i don't think we'd have to see a Lillie redesign to make a Necrozma have a plausible chance of being Lusamine's obsession. after all, it's not like it was ever really confirmed that Lillie truly was dressed to look like Nihilego by Lusamine (bc #obsessed).

i don't think we'd have to see a Lillie redesign to make a Necrozma have a plausible chance of being Lusamine's obsession. after all, it's not like it was ever really confirmed that Lillie truly was dressed to look like Nihilego by Lusamine (bc #obsessed).

I was mainly going for the joke there. :p

You're technically right, in that it's ultimately a minor change to say replace Nihilego's role in the story with Necrozma. It could certainly be done, but I think you'd lose the symbolism. Now, I know this is where we start getting into debates about whether Lillie was dressed like Nihilego specifically or if Lusamine was just dressing her like an employee, and if one wants to read or add to mine and Ereshkigal's back-and-forth about that, one can do so here, but all I'll say here is that my view of the matter remains my view, and I think the resemblance/connection is a widely acknowledged and agreed-upon observation, which isn't confirmation, but it isn't meaningless either, and it isn't as if Game Freak haven't left the task of connecting the dots up to us before.

Now as for the possibility of Necrozma replacing Nihilego, there's the question of whether or not Lusamine would merge with Necrozma. I don't *think* that's meant to be a capability of anything other than Nihilego - it being a parasite and all - but I suppose it would only take a few lines of dialogue to change that, as usual. If she were to merge with Necrozma, would it still leave toxins in her body? That's half of the reason why Lillie goes to Kanto, after all. If not, then how much would the plot diverge from having events play out in Ultra Space in totally different, Necrozma-centric way?

Now as for the possibility of Necrozma replacing Nihilego, there's the question of whether or not Lusamine would merge with Necrozma. I don't *think* that's meant to be a capability of anything other than Nihilego - it being a parasite and all - but I suppose it would only take a few lines of dialogue to change that, as usual. If she were to merge with Necrozma, would it still leave toxins in her body? That's half of the reason why Lillie goes to Kanto, after all. If not, then how much would the plot diverge from having events play out in Ultra Space in totally different, Necrozma-centric way?

I'm avoiding the Lillie outfit discussion because I've said more than I think anyone wants to hear on it already :p

I think it would be possible for it to be some form of lingering darkness or physical corruption instead of toxins. They really wouldn't need to alter the Ultra Space content that much, and Lillie could still go to Kanto for the same reason.

I'm kinda hoping they don't use Necrozma in that manner, but instead us it to add on other story content that further develops the plot.

Back
Top Bottom