• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Simple Questions/Simple Answers (Pokémon GO)

I was wondering if anybody knew when generation 2 will be officially coming out? Every time I try to look it up online I keep getting topics about the egg event this past holiday season.

I was wondering if anybody knew when generation 2 will be officially coming out? Every time I try to look it up online I keep getting topics about the egg event this past holiday season.
There's been no official announcement. You probably keep getting such topics because the only Gen 2 Pokemon available hatch from Eggs.

I'm just curious about this, but does your specific location actually determine the pokemon that appears? Because every time I log on the game in the computer lab, a bunch of Magnemites would surround me, but then I'd get Goldeens despite not being near any water. I don't know if it's because the computer lab is registered in the map, or because Magnemites are just common around universities/colleges.

I'm just curious about this, but does your specific location actually determine the pokemon that appears? Because every time I log on the game in the computer lab, a bunch of Magnemites would surround me, but then I'd get Goldeens despite not being near any water. I don't know if it's because the computer lab is registered in the map, or because Magnemites are just common around universities/colleges.
There exist nests, specific areas within a species of Pokemon appears a lot. These change once a while, probably every 15 days when updates happen. However some Pokemon may indeed be more common around universities/colleges too, Magnemite seems quite like the kind of Pokemon that could be common there considering it is related to science more than your average species.

Is it feasible to just play the game walking around catching Pokemon? Because I don't have much interest in battling and the gym-side of things. I'd like to get as many Pokemon as I can, but I'm wondering if some are locked out if you don't take part in gyms and the like? (Some of my family and friends have been pestering me to get into GO recently, so I'm not very far and want to know in advance whether I'll be disappointed by not being able to get some.)

Is it feasible to just play the game walking around catching Pokemon? Because I don't have much interest in battling and the gym-side of things. I'd like to get as many Pokemon as I can, but I'm wondering if some are locked out if you don't take part in gyms and the like? (Some of my family and friends have been pestering me to get into GO recently, so I'm not very far and want to know in advance whether I'll be disappointed by not being able to get some.)
It might in fact be more feasible to just ignore Gyms altogether. They only help a bit with EXP and Coins. In practice you couldn't do anything at Gyms until Level 20+ anyway. No need for Potions and Revives (just toss them) or Stardust/powerups.

It might in fact be more feasible to just ignore Gyms altogether. in practice you couldn't do anything at Gyms until Level 20+. No need for Potions and Revives (just toss them) or Stardust_powerups.

Awesome. Thanks!

Honestly, the only time I use gyms are when there's one nearby of my team that has a slot open to deposit a Pokemon (or close enough to levelling up where i can spend like 2min fighting the gym Pokemon and then put one of mine in) and then immediately grab the defender bonus from the shop and move on with my life.

Whenever I open a gym Pokemon selection screen, the default Pokemon chosen are always the ones with sub-par species. As I'm mostly in a car and time is less, I often need to battle with these subpar Pokemon, but it'lol be great if the UI always chose my 6 highest CP Pokemon as default ones. Is there a way to do this?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom