• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tania responded to Ares first. "Indeed," she said to him. Then, she turned to Elle and Victor, as their questions were the same. "Well, you see... to make a long story short, you all have a target on your heads."

"A 'target'?" Winter asked, crossing her arms.

"Indeed. You're associated with entities in the magical community that, for better or worse, have or had a say in a lot of things going on within. As such, those neanderthals that started a war in the courtyard want you dead," Tania took out her phone to check it whilst she continued. "Before you say anything, I'm very sure that you can handle yourself. It's why I'm simply giving you some news; there's going to be people coming after you, and they've engineered ways to do it."

Winter immediately thought about the blockades and traffic shutdowns. "The city's functioning being stopped," it was apparent that the outgoing and incoming traffic stopping was their doing.

The group was being locked in to prevent them from running.

Felicity blankly stared at the woman. Her only connection to magic was her father... and he was dead. Well, she knew the possibility of having a bounty on her head was possible, considering many of her motivations and actions in life, but... for magic? How odd.

"Why do you care?" she simply asked.

"I'm not surprised." Summer didn't seem that upset. "I come from a fallen family and I pissed some people off that night. Not to mention the inferno I started before you ported us." She laughed. "I'd like to see these people try. They should know that the closer you get to a fire, the more you get burned."

Tania chuckled at Summer's words. "That's why I'm sure you can deal with this."

But, she also addressed Felicity. "Call it principle, but I'd rather not see a bunch of children get killed because of their family ties. It's barbaric - medieval, really."

"My family had nothing to do with this," Felicity said with a raised eyebrow. She, however, wasn't entirely sure of this claim.

"Likewise. And I don't think I had ancestors that did either. I didn't even know of this stuff until the detective," Ares said.

"I've tried looking up Ares family and I couldn't really find much. How far back does this go that such obscure families can be involved?" Bella asked her.

Victor wanted to weigh in, but upon closer though he couldn't actually speak for himself. He had lived knowing about his family all his life and had been told many times about their contributions to the world of magic. He just hadn't paid as much attention as he could've, which would've probably helped him in figuring out what was going on. "Okay so then. Assuming that what you're saying is true, what should we do?"

"Keep yourselves on guard. I've done my part in telling you everything I know," Tania stated. "When you walk out the door, you'll be walking targets. I can't guarantee your safety, so... good luck to you."

----

When they were sent out, Winter was on high alert. "I don't trust her," she muttered to herself. "But, be that as it may, I think we should go our separate ways. We're too big of a target in a group."

"The Hei family name has been quite dead for a number of centuries, but okay..." Yun muttered to herself, gazing to the side at the other mages. "Wouldn't splitting up make it easier to pick us off individually, though? Surely it would be wiser to collectively be somewhat near to another person..."

Kotori held back a sigh. "Maman won't be happy to hear that, hm? This could prove to be quite a problem."

Summer didn't seem too worried about splitting up or grouping up, rather she seemed eager to take on the challenge. "If I'm going to have to fight them, I would prefer that it be on my turf. Meaning the wilderness. The forests, the woods... outside of the city. Provides lots of kindling and I have the upper hand in how to move and survive out there... that's my plan at least."

"I still don't believe what she said is true myself," Victor pointed out skeptically. While it did concern him, it was also strange as to why someone would just pick them out based on their bloodline, especially over something that happened a long time ago. "But I do think that even if we go our separate ways we should stay in contact just in case."

"She really didn't answer the most important questions. It's confusing but I'm sure the answers will reveal themselves as time goes on. And I agree that we should stay in contact. We can let the others know if anything comes up that's worth knowing," Bella said.

"I have no interest in fighting," Felicity simply said. She knew she could take them on, with ease even, but she never really liked getting her hands dirty.

"My abilities have nothing to do with combat and are more passive," Elle remarked, "It doesn't mean I can't be of some assistance, even if it's not on the combative side."

"It's telepathy," Elle replied, "The ability my family line is most known for."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom