• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Funniest Game Moments (Players can be spoiled)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got another Ratchet & Clank moment:

in "Quest for Booty", Ratchet spots the Fulcrum Star and dashes toward it, only for a trapdoor to open up. He then utters "Aw, crap." before falling. In international releases, "crap" is bleeped out hilariously.

ratchet and clank in general is pretty funny.
can't wait to get the remake of R&C1 once I get a ps4.
I personally remember this line from into the nexus.
"just so you know, this is genuine lava, because thugs-4-less cares about the environment"

Okay, so I'm addicted to Dust: an Elysian Tail. It has its somber moments, but there's a lot of really funny moments that I'll list here.

1. Most of the stuff Fidget says. Fidget is the sidekick character of the game. Imagine Navi as a cross between a cat, a rabbit, a bat and a... Ah, hell, I'll just post a picture of her.

Also, she's much less annoying than Navi, largely because she's genuinely funny and has a tendency to break the fourth wall.

Her response to encountering monsters in the tutorial level: "AH! MONSTERS! MASH THE BUTTONS! DO SOMETHING!"

Her warning to Moska before a sidequest: "Yeah, when Dust starts swinging that sword, you don't wanna be anywhere near him. Have you seen the screen? He's all like 'wooooezhwooozheeewoeezh!'"

Hell, even DUST gets in on some funny lines.

In one sidequest, a kid wants a stuffed toy of Fidget, so Dust has to get a guy to make one for her. Fidget doesn't want to be traced to help the village shopkeeper make the toy, so she draws a "self-portrait." The shopkeeper's response?
"That's the worst drawing I've ever seen!"
Fidget: "Oh, shut up."
And THEN, Dust asks if he can make TWO Fidget dolls solely so he can troll Fidget.
Dust: "I guess I'll have to hold on to it. FOREVER..."
Fidget: "I don't even know you anymore."

Then there's the moment Fidget meets the recurring shopkeeper, who's in a tent that appears in certain spots of different levels.
"AH! He's got glowing evil eyes of EVIL!"

Those don't even cover a quarter of her lines.

There's also this little gem for Resident Evil fans.

Last edited:
In super smash bros 3DS I put My level 50 greninja amiibo in a battle with 2 level 9 mii characters that I created and the battle they had at was hilarious, partially due to the A.I. of the mii gunner derping out at one point, resulting in him just staring blankly at a stunned mii swordfighter at point blank range, while a gooey bomb was stuck to the gunners head. When the bomb exploded it KOd both mii fighters and sent them both flying into the screen. My greninja was just moving around on the other side of the stage while all this was happening.

The omelette-cooking contest in Persona 4. Actual spoilers below, for a bit of the plot but mostly for the top-notch gags:

It was pretty jarring how it happens immediately after a particularly creepy dungeon and its equally creepy boss, but it actually handles the transition surprisingly well, which makes it even funnier to see the game rapidly shift in tone from "apprehending a suspected serial killer" to "utterly stupid high-school sitcom". My favorite moments include the following:

Everybody agrees that they're going to make an omelette with fried rice, but then they all walk off in different directions.

Kanji returns from being weirdly absent from most of the scene, with a bottle in his hand.
Yukiko: "Kanji, that's alcohol!"
Kanji laughs nervously, and then quickly darts off-camera without another word.

Teddie tries a bite of Chie's omelette.
Teddie: "Wow, this is awful! Yosuke, you have to try this!"

One of my islanders in Tomodachi Life asked me whether I like spoiled milk (which is an actual food item). I gave my honest answer of Ewwww, then she told me off and to keep an open mind.

Why would I keep an open mind on spoiled milk!?

I love that moment in one of the Hamtaro games where you can make Hamtaro pee on Maxwell. I love their juvenile sense of humour...

Story of Seasons- Trio of Towns - Wayne's first flower event was pretty amusing.

Party banter in RPGs tends to be very amusing...and often hilarious; particularly in games from Bioware and Obsidian. Here are a few of my favorite moments:

I was just dicking around in Morrowind. Usually I use a 100pt levitation blessing thing to travel everywhere but I couldn't be arsed to go back to Vivec to get it. So I had to rescue some chick from a camp outside this one middle-of-nowhere village that was close to this other middle-of-nowhere town so I just walked there this time, and on the way back to town to hand in the quest I noticed a door. I go inside and it's a bandit cave full of hostile bandits who apparently run an illegal empty bottle trade (cause that's literally the only loot that was in there). That's weird enough, but as I'm going through the cave I come across an area inside the cave that's got a nice carpet on the floor and a loom in the corner. Like, you know, the thing that makes cloth and stuff. Inside a bandit cave full of bandits trying to murder my face. What.

I couldn't help but laugh when I stumbled upon this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom