• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And can I not get notifications that include "lmao you just hate OS" because I do acknowledge the possibility of the OS characters appearing - it's just that I wish and I prefer not to see anyone else appearing and my opinion is that if someone's going to appear it should be only fair everyone gets equal chances. My preferences and hopeful thinking on the movie being "All cast or none" isn't something that needs to be proven wrong, thanks very much.
I'm sure everyone gets that it's your opinion. It's fine to have your option, you're not obligated to change it because that's your prerogative as a human being, but this is a public discussion forum and when you put that opinion out there, other users have a right to comment on it, especially when you're replying to someone else's opinion. Unless they're personally attacking you - which I have not seen, but I'm sorry if that's the impression you're getting - I don't see why you should be offended by it.

Last edited:
The truth is we need a new trailer ASAP so we know whether companions are going to appear in this Movie or not, but nonetheless, Ash & Pikachu will obviously be the primary focus of this film (as always over the last decade plus now, nothing shocking there).

I'm sure everyone gets that it's your opinion. It's fine to have your option, you're not obligated to change it because that's your prerogative as a human being, but this is a public discussion forum and when you put that opinion out there, other users have a right to comment on it, especially when you're replying to someone else's opinion. Unless they're personally attacking you - which I have not seen, but I'm sorry if that's the impression you're getting - I don't see why you should be offended by it.
You're right. Anyone can comment. But I've been feeling a degree of ridicule for quite a while. I guess it's best I just drop this for now.

And I'm feeling that my excitement about the movie is being challenged by people not accepting it for what it most likely is.

For my own sake, I shall avoid this thread until we get something worthwhile to discuss. In the meantime, this is my mental image of putting it behind.

Last edited:
You're right. Anyone can comment. But I've been feeling a degree of ridicule for quite a while. I guess it's best I just drop this for now.

I'm really sorry if I've given you that impression, I honestly didn't try to. But I agree, and I really hope the next trailer we get is a) soon and b) actually shows us what this movie will be like, whatever that may be.

Real talk though, regardless of every other aspect of this movie the one thing I absolutely need from it is remixed (or at least remastered) Kanto music. Not only so I can enjoy it during this film but so they can actually start using it in the main tv series.

I just hope if they are re-telling his Kanto or all regions, they tell it good, that they show is developpement during the series and not the important events. But the animation is already good, so I have hope

The movie event is literally Pikachu with the hats Ash used in each gen and everything about the marketing and merch is about it. Not Kanto Pokemon, not the Pokemon Ash caught in Kanto, not the Pokemon Brock,Misty and TR owned but Pikachu with Unova,Hoenn,ect hats. YET people insist ins a OS movie and not a movie about the whole anime okay.

Yeah, it's about Ash and Pikachu first meeting but Ash and Pikachu(and TR) are the only consistent thing about the anime. They appear every season.

The movie event is literally Pikachu with the hats Ash used in each gen and everything about the marketing and merch is about it. Not Kanto Pokemon, not the Pokemon Ash caught in Kanto, not the Pokemon Brock,Misty and TR owned but Pikachu with Unova,Hoenn,ect hats. YET people insist ins a OS movie and not a movie about the whole anime okay.

Yeah, it's about Ash and Pikachu first meeting but Ash and Pikachu(and TR) are the only consistent thing about the anime. They appear every season.

Yet none of those hats are featured in the movie, even the original. It's a brand new hat and it takes place at the beginning. Because Ash never had that kind of hat nor did he get a Rainbow Wing from Ho-Oh, to say it's about the whole anime is rather broad and premature.

I see this as a Rebuild movie. Because Ash, Pikachu and Ho-Oh came from the original series, it stands to reason we'll be seeing the original cast as well, perhaps in new ways. In this atmosphere or mood, it is unwise to remind people of old nostalgia if you are not going to take full advantage of it.

Ho-Oh in particular is something only old fans would recognize and appreciate. It's not from Gen I, so it's not a throwback to the original games. It's not from Sun and Moon, or otherwise it'll be an Alola legendary. It's a Gen II Pokémon that people will only know its significance if they had watched the first episode of Pokémon. And guess who else was in that first episode? Misty. In fact, until her departure, she and Ash has the exact same number of episodes together and one episode above Team Rocket.

lol at using the Pikachu hats as an argument.

They wouldn't give Ash a new hat if they wanted to revisit every series. Common sense much? The various Pikachu hats are just a gimmick to increase ticket sales and Pikachu plushies.

As Shadao said, Ho-Oh itself is an OS element. Even its AG cameo was fueled by Kanto nostalgia.

And Team Rocket are no more confirmed to be in the movie than Misty is.

lol at using the Pikachu hats as an argument.

They wouldn't give Ash a new hat if they wanted to revisit every series. Common sense much? The various Pikachu hats are just a gimmick to increase ticket sales and Pikachu plushies.

As Shadao said, Ho-Oh itself is an OS element. Even its AG cameo was fueled by Kanto nostalgia.

And Team Rocket are no more confirmed to be in the movie than Misty is.

The TRio are in every series and I guess in every movie there. They are more important in the eyes of the show than Misty and Brock.

The TRio are in every series and I guess in every movie there. They are more important in the eyes of the show than Misty and Brock.
It doesn't matter whether or not you consider them more important. The fact of the matter is that they are unconfirmed.

The only way I see them being left out of this movie is if they do go the "Ash is the only human character" route. It's not even my personal bias, they were main characters in Kanto. Or if they do something weird like have the Alola classmates take the place of Misty/Brock, or have a random selection of previous friends (like Dawn, Tracy, and Max) Team Rocket would still be in.

edit: I do wonder if they're going to try and retcon Wobbufett into this. He wasn't in any of Kanto but he was in the majority of Johto and is practically treated as a 4th Team Rocket member. It would be odd but I can see him being included.

Last edited:
Just for the record, my point is that you can't discount Misty or Brock when not even Team Rocket have been confirmed.

A movie with just Ash, Pikachu and Ho-Oh would be very hard to pull off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom